OT: Beer chat

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
I feel like Alchemist in general hasn't really wowed me with anything recently.

agree and i can say the same for Hill Farmstead, Fiddlehead, Treehouse and Trillium. not sure what is going on,,,maybe two many brewries fighting for the few good hops,,,,maybe the new bigger breweries they built aren't the same (not sure if trillium built a new brewery). Still like Singlecut, but they'll have a new brewery very soon too.

SCMURRAY

Jul 6, 2016
Long Island
Seems like we have some beer drinkers on this board--lets have some brew discussions, beer trade (if allowed), etc....

Drank some sip of sunshine and singlecut today--some delicious stuff

Both excellent choices. Lawsons is hard to find and Sip of Sunshine is getting very popular among the IPA crowd. I really like Singlecut too. I've been to their brewery. Very cool please to hang out in summer with the open doors and some live music. Their Half Stack and Full Stack IPA's are awesome. Been drinking a lot of Sixpoint and Barrier lately. I enjoy the local breweries and I'm a big IPA fan

teknics

@islesblogger/@faithfulisles
Apr 7, 2007
East End
www.theislesfaithful.com
I rotate various Blue Point sixtels through my kegerator. I’m on their ice hockey team so I get a pretty good deal.

If family is coming over Toasted Lager or Summer. If not, Hoptical Illusion is my fav IPA (but I love any IPA) or Prop Stopper IPA.

I usually stop and get a six pack to try of various things. I have a buddy who’s a beer ranger for New Belgian so I typically listen to him on their new stuff. I’ve had so many different ones over the last ten years it’s really hard to narrow down a winner.

But back to Bluepoint I suggest everyone try Hazy Bastard and Citrus. Both A+. Another is Macho Muchaco, a Mexican style lager that’s great for the beach.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Both excellent choices. Lawsons is hard to find and Sip of Sunshine is getting very popular among the IPA crowd. I really like Singlecut too. I've been to their brewery. Very cool please to hang out in summer with the open doors and some live music. Their Half Stack and Full Stack IPA's are awesome. Been drinking a lot of Sixpoint and Barrier lately. I enjoy the local breweries and I'm a big IPA fan

Lawson's new brewery is coming along. I look forward to them brewing their own Sip of Sunshine instead of contracting it out.

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
I'm a big fan of Rock Art brewing beers from near Stowe VT. Very underrated brewery who cranks out good IPA's. Only really sold in VT.

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
I used to drink Heiny cans religiously. After getting a taste for craft, I can’t even stiff a Heiny without dry heaving.
Gonna drink a Ballast Point Sculpin later.

An aside: do any of you guys use the untapped app?

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Gonna drink a Ballast Point Sculpin later.

An aside: do any of you guys use the untapped app?

i have an account but never posted, I use it to look up reviews when I spot a new beer in the cooler

i had a 4 pack of singlecut in my hand yesterday, but when I read the reviews i put it bach. $22 4 packs - i need to be pretty sure.

Bill Herlyn

Oct 18, 2017
New England Brewery Sea Hag IPA is a nice beer as is their Galaxy Ale (Brewed in Connecticut not too far from Bridgeport Sound Tigers arena)!!

Reactions: WinhallVT124

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
I make Beer at home. 12 Gallon Batches at a time. Brewed over 80 batches since 1994.
Can duplicate any style down to the brand. Bavarian Lagers, IPA's, Oatmeal Stouts you name it...

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
We have several excellent breweries in North Carolina. Highland in Asheville is probably the best. Their Black Mocha Stout is great. Also, the Lonerider, White Street, Big Boss breweries make some really good beer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad