Bedard selling tickets

BE Friend

Jul 16, 2021
On their west swing VAN and VIC sold out. VAN tacked an extra $1 to those tix. KAM is close, KEL always sells good. Even PG scores with a TSN broadcast on friday night. Very fortunate to get this trip before juniors camp started up. Then the talk can start: does he get traded to KAM or SEA.

He has got the media training done. Looks very comfortable with mic in his face. Will be a selling machine,

BlueBull

Habby Man
Oct 11, 2017
Vancouver Island
On their west swing VAN and VIC sold out. VAN tacked an extra $1 to those tix. KAM is close, KEL always sells good. Even PG scores with a TSN broadcast on friday night. Very fortunate to get this trip before juniors camp started up. Then the talk can start: does he get traded to KAM or SEA.

He has got the media training done. Looks very comfortable with mic in his face. Will be a selling machine,
Bro are you f*cking kidding me?

I underestimated how much just Bedard alone would sell tickets.
I thought I would be able to buy tickets to the game, but there are none left just 12 days out.

People might start hunting for scalpers just to be able to see him play.

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
I'm super excited to watch him play here in Vic, I imagine he'll be putting up a good number of points on us. We have been pretty porous this year, but the Royals are in the middle of a rebuild, so what can you do.

BE Friend

Jul 16, 2021
I'm super excited to watch him play here in Vic, I imagine he'll be putting up a good number of points on us. We have been pretty porous this year, but the Royals are in the middle of a rebuild, so what can you do.
I was told ( team person) VIC was not a legit sellout, a little bit of papering in the house. VAN was a legit , cash on the counter sell out. VIC didn't want a bad look vs VAN.

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
I find Bedard's star power amazing. I can tell you that in Winnipeg, we generally don't get legit regular season sellouts except for the occasional weekend game vs. Brandon. However, the pair of games vs. Regina late last month were as full as I've ever seen it at Wayne Fleming Arena.

The funny thing is that the first game vs. Regina generated the viral Bedard goal off the opening faceoff, you could hear the audible gasp in the crowd as it happened, haha. But in the second game Bedard was not really noticeable. His line is OK but the Pats are simply not a very good team, he can only do so much. It's a bit like watching McDavid in his first couple years with the Oilers when they weren't a playoff team.

I'm surprised the fans in Van/Vic/PG were engaged enough to know Bedard was coming to town, and to then buy tickets for it. Usually when I watch games from those places, the seats are mostly empty, especially in Vic/PG.

I'm sure it must drive the owners of the Pats nuts, the Pats are a hot ticket everywhere they go except in Regina it seems. I went to see the ICE vs. Pats in Regina back in October and there was no hype or interest in the game locally, the arena was maybe half full.

BE Friend

Jul 16, 2021
On the very low side rough I figure the 5 BC clubs took in an extra 1/4 mil in net REV from the 5 games.
2500 extra tickets x 5 x $20. And VAN did tack on an extra buck for that game specifically so they were on the ball early. They need to send a joint christmas card to mr and mrs in N-VAN for that present, They go 4-1,Loss was a blowout but they did well as a team.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
On the very low side rough I figure the 5 BC clubs took in an extra 1/4 mil in net REV from the 5 games.
2500 extra tickets x 5 x $20. And VAN did tack on an extra buck for that game specifically so they were on the ball early. They need to send a joint christmas card to mr and mrs in N-VAN for that present, They go 4-1,Loss was a blowout but they did well as a team.
Only 1 dollar extra?????whoever was in charge of ticket sales sure did shit the bed only charging one extra dollar lol... In Kamloops, tickets are usually 30 bucks for a seat. When Regina came to play them, tickets were selling for 150 dollars for a seat and 97 dollars for standing room.... And the arena sold out

BE Friend

Jul 16, 2021
Only 1 dollar extra?????whoever was in charge of ticket sales sure did shit the bed only charging one extra dollar lol... In Kamloops, tickets are usually 30 bucks for a seat. When Regina came to play them, tickets were selling for 150 dollars for a seat and 97 dollars for standing room.... And the arena sold out
Those are private re-sale seats prices I assume. Unless Blazers said to ticketmaster to unleash the algorithm and do dynamic pricing. Probably a first time that was done. Curious to know. VAN had that extra buck pegged at the start of the season. I think VAN didn't want to get greedy, they also made aggressive bid to get the top prospects game and looks to have been a smart choice as that thing is sold out , and not a cheap ticket. IF things fall in line the TV ad rates for the '23 NHLlottery draft will be highest ever.

Next story will be the Pats record and stats minus CB while the WJ's are on.

Last edited:

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Those are private re-sale seats prices I assume. Unless Blazers said to ticketmaster to unleash the algorithm and do dynamic pricing. Probably a first time that was done. Curious to know. VAN had that extra buck pegged at the start of the season. I think VAN didn't want to get greedy, they also made aggressive bid to get the top prospects game and looks to have been a smart choice as that thing is sold out , and not a cheap ticket. IF things fall in line the TV ad rates for the '23 NHLlottery draft will be highest ever.

Next story will be the Pats record and stats minus CB while the WJ's are on.
ya it was on the Blazers website for those looking to buy tickets for a few weeks leading up to the point until it sold out. I was told about it from a friend that lives in Kamloops that wanted to go... and sure enough when i looked, i saw it too and was blown away

BE Friend

Jul 16, 2021
ya it was on the Blazers website for those looking to buy tickets for a few weeks leading up to the point until it sold out. I was told about it from a friend that lives in Kamloops that wanted to go... and sure enough when i looked, i saw it too and was blown away
So not "resale" on ticketmaster, a first sale ticket? This is the way of the future I expect. If KAM said to ticketmaster, charge what the market will bare I'm sure this will be the door opening, NHL markets doing it now - Leafs and MTL in VAN are called "premium" or whatever buzzword they come up with. Might be a few more years or generations for another CB player to catch fire like this. I can see clubs trying this more. Or making the FRI/SAT night games a buck more vs a TUES game.

$100 for standing ? Loops must have alot of cash floating around. It was a bust of a game, excitement wise.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Amazing that BC rinks sell out, and yet every Pats home game is half empty. I guess $36 a ticket wasn't such a smart idea.
Seriously is that the price for a ticket in Regina this year? yikes that's a short term crappy ownership move.

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
No doubt they will be much lower next year one would think as will be attendance
That's a bad look on ownership. Jack up prices for Bedard, bring them back down to earth when he's gone. Just scummy, scummy business practices. Shouldn't expect anything less from a billionaire company I guess

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
That's a bad look on ownership. Jack up prices for Bedard, bring them back down to earth when he's gone. Just scummy, scummy business practices. Shouldn't expect anything less from a billionaire company I guess
Also I think it is shortsighted as it will deter some fans or potential ones from coming to future Pats games and currently the public gets upset about these types of things more than they used to it seems.

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
Why didn’t the Pats load up for Bedard?
Because their team sucks. They went all in back in 16-17 AND 17-18 when they hosted the Memorial Cup. They don't have any assets left.

Out of the three teams that had a chance at Bedard in the 2020 lottery, Regina, Moose Jaw and Tri-City, Regina was the worst place for him to go.

• Wow
Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Because their team sucks. They went all in back in 16-17 AND 17-18 when they hosted the Memorial Cup. They don't have any assets left.

Out of the three teams that had a chance at Bedard in the 2020 lottery, Regina, Moose Jaw and Tri-City, Regina was the worst place for him to go.
Then trade him?

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
Then trade him?
That's what everyone wanted Regina to do. But time and time again the Pats said he didn't want to leave. I'm not entirely sure I believe that. They have new ownership in Regina and it's a dumpster fire inside of that organization.

There's talk that Connor is fine with a quick playoff exit because he wants to play for Canada at the World Championships. Sure seems like he'll get his wish.

• Wow

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
That's what everyone wanted Regina to do. But time and time again the Pats said he didn't want to leave. I'm not entirely sure I believe that. They have new ownership in Regina and it's a dumpster fire inside of that organization.

There's talk that Connor is fine with a quick playoff exit because he wants to play for Canada at the World Championships. Sure seems like he'll get his wish.
Okay that makes sense….. oh wow imagine if Bedard and McDavid could play together at the WC!?

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
Why didn’t the Pats load up for Bedard?
Its more like why didn't they trade him for the mother load rebuild will be so much longer looks like they don't have a first pick for the next 2 years.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad