Prospect Info: "Because it's never too early" - 2014 NHL Draft discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Tonight has got a couple of tough games for our 6th pick.

Montreal is in Ottawa

Nashville is in Anaheim

The Sens "did" have a 3-0 lead. Now losing 4-3. They scored to tie it, but refs had a BS goalie interference no goal called. Ugh...

Let's go Preds!!!!!!!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The Sens "did" have a 3-0 lead. Now losing 4-3. They scored to tie it, but refs had a BS goalie interference no goal called. Ugh...

Let's go Preds!!!!!!!

5-3 now.....depressing night......Preds have zero chance the way the hockey gods are rolling now.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Flames winning, but still a ways back. Isles coming on too. Do they give up their 2014 1st to Buffalo as part of Vanek deal? Sure seems like it. They have incentive to keep winning. Jets might pick 5th, if they keep losing.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
Very good night. I wish Ottawa wasn't so terrible, but all things considered, we got closer to our draft goal tonight.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Flames 5 points back with them and us both at 78 games, they are 6-4 in their last 10 and on a 2 game winning streak.

Islanders 6 back, 7-2-1 in their last 10 and 2 games in hand.

We can do this guys, we can get to 4th overall.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
I don't really want to see them lose out I'm hahappy picking sixth,.

1-2 wins could move us all the way down to the 8-9th pick, and the difference between finishing 4th and 6th isnt just about the pick, it is a 10.6% chance for 4th, and 6.2% for 6th in the lottery.

The difference in picks means a difference of 4.4% in the lottery, and if we end up at 8 or 9 our lottery odds drop below 4%.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Flames 5 points back with them and us both at 78 games, they are 6-4 in their last 10 and on a 2 game winning streak.

You stop making me dream so much buddy :laugh:

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Big win by Nashville last night I am thrilled they got a clean 2 against one of the best in the league on the road!!! However Ottawa looked absolutly pathetic we might have trouble getting an earlier draft pick than them. say what you will about the Jets but we only had two pathetic games this year right before Noel got fired (Columbus and Tampa I think) but other than that we may have terrible nights but at least we compete.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Big win by Nashville last night I am thrilled they got a clean 2 against one of the best in the league on the road!!! However Ottawa looked absolutly pathetic we might have trouble getting an earlier draft pick than them. say what you will about the Jets but we only had two pathetic games this year right before Noel got fired (Columbus and Tampa I think) but other than that we may have terrible nights but at least we compete.

Ya, and with the Ducks owning the Sens 1st rd pick, you would think the Sens would have a bit more to play for.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg

I'm worrying more about the Flames than the Isles at this point. Even with our game later this season, the Flames will be very hard pressed to get to 79 pts. Isles have a shot. Picking in the 5th spot is still a possibility. :nod:

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011

As bad as Ottawa played, they hit the post a ton of times. And that disallowed goal was BS. Could've just easily even a 7-7 game going to OT. Thankfully the Jets likely win tiebreaker over the Sens.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Agree. And, maybe a team like Edmonton or the Islanders trade their pick away? who knows. I could see both of these teams wanting to deal those high picks for NHL talent to support their cores and hopefully help finally take a step forward. Lots can happen. I think it could be a pretty eventful draft weekend this year.

Speaking of Sonny Milano.....there's been chatter that Islanders may want him being that he is from Long Island, so they may move back in the draft. He was somewhat of a kid phenom....this is from when he was 14, kinda cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a1AG6_DJGc

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Not sure who to cheer for... Islanders vs Caps. If Islanders win, Jets have better shot at 5th. However, the Caps are creeping up to the Jets. Regardless, hope it's an OT game!

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Not sure who to cheer for... Islanders vs Caps. If Islanders win, Jets have better shot at 5th. However, the Caps are creeping up to the Jets. Regardless, hope it's an OT game!

Caps and Nucks are backing into us and both a mild threat.

AriIQ

Jan 21, 2013
Winnipeg
I remember yelling at my T.V. because we took Morrissey over Pulock. Upon looking at their box car stats, It appears that Pulock isnt devolping as well as Morrissey.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Here's the points pace each team that's around the Jets range...that Carolina loss last night really stunk. Thankfully, the Canes have 33 ROW so the Jets win the tiebreaker.

4. Flames = 76.74
5. Islanders = 77.74
6. Jets = 83.04
7. Hurricanes = 83.05
8. Senators = 84.10
9. Predators = 84.13
10. Canucks = 85.15
11. Leafs = 87.19
12. Capitals = 87.26
13. Devils = 88.31

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
I remember yelling at my T.V. because we took Morrissey over Pulock. Upon looking at their box car stats, It appears that Pulock isnt devolping as well as Morrissey.

Pulock has been very good this season, very solid on the puck, doesn't get knocked around and can produce a lot of offense with his booming shot (hardest in the WHL) but Morrissey has looked better from what I have seen.

His development has been through the roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad