Speculation: Beau for Chariot?

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
24 year old 40-50 pt player on a pretty decent contract who steps it up during OT and the playoffs, not really willing to part with him for a 30 year old defenseman.

Unless MTL were to add and NYI could use that "add" as a sweetener to get someone else up front...

I 100% agree that this is not a trade proposal you even consider. But AB has never had a 40pt season (39 is his best) and certainly has never had a 50pt season. Now if you want to game average it you can write if he played 82 games he would average more then 40, I guess that is ok (but I always hate that because then is he injury prone, can he have a slump and not make the 40-50pts? Many different scenarios) Also you could write he has the potential to be a 40-50 pt player. But the fact is he has never had a season above 39 pts. I would even say that he has been a bit of a disappointment offensively so far in his career as he looks to have the potential to be a 50 pt player.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I 100% agree that this is not a trade proposal you even consider. But AB has never had a 40pt season (39 is his best) and certainly has never had a 50pt season. Now if you want to game average it you can write if he played 82 games he would average more then 40, I guess that is ok (but I always hate that because then is he injury prone, can he have a slump and not make the 40-50pts? Many different scenarios) Also you could write he has the potential to be a 40-50 pt player. But the fact is he has never had a season above 39 pts. I would even say that he has been a bit of a disappointment offensively so far in his career as he looks to have the potential to be a 50 pt player.

Fine, but he had 39 pts in the COVID shortened 2020 season. I'd be willing to bet that he would've banked 40 if that season had ended in April and not March.

And then the 28 pts in 47 games was also because the team only played 56 games. Over the course of an 82 game season where Beau missed 9 games with a .60 game pace, that brings him to 43 pts.

He also has a .59 PPG in the playoffs, where we know it is harder to score and accumulate points. Applying that to 82 games we land at 48 pts.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
On what planet is Beau worth a top pairing defenseman? Because it isn't on this one.

Wally is on pace this year to score more goals than any of Beau's years. His inconsistency is MADDENING.

1. I'll edit the OP's thoughts and say that Beau shouldn't be dealt unless it's for a top-4 D-man (even if the Isles have to add).
  2. Regardless of inconsistencies, Beau should NOT be dealt for ANY pending UFA. Beau must return a 1st round pick or player with as many years til UFA as Beau has.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
  1. I'll edit the OP's thoughts and say that Beau shouldn't be dealt unless it's for a top-4 D-man (even if the Isles have to add).
  2. Regardless of inconsistencies, Beau should NOT be dealt for ANY pending UFA. Beau must return a 1st round pick or player with as many years til UFA as Beau has.
I still like Beauvillier, and I wouldn't just give him away. He is priced reasonably at 4.15 for 3 years. It's easy to be down on him, but when he is playing well, he is a key piece to the Isles team. His goal in OT game 6 last year was one of the most memorable moments in the Trotz and Lou era. I see him as a very valuable trade chip if Lou decides to deal him, and if we keep him a valuable player in the collective to get the Isles back into playoff contention. If Isles are to deal him, it has to be the right deal. He is young, fast, and skilled, abeit inconsistent. I am sure he will be flying tonight taking Trotz's benching to heart.

IslandersGER

Dec 29, 2015
Deutschland
The Kid that gave us a Game 7
don't talk about prehistoric times, let's talk about this regular season, there was an OT with Beau as the main reason we lost a game and just before his benching he had us lose another game, too many mistakes but you rather like nostalgia about a game 6 last season

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
don't talk about prehistoric times, let's talk about this regular season, there was an OT with Beau as the main reason we lost a game and just before his benching he had us lose another game, too many mistakes but you rather like nostalgia about a game 6 last season

He has been nicknamed "Beauvertime" for more than one OT goal.

Cherry picking one bad play on the boards in OT a few games ago does not discount how well he has played in OT in the past.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I do like Romanov, but the lack of offensive punch on the blue line is concerning long term. Pulock is underrated and Dobson is really emerging, but everyone else brings little to no offensive ability. We are especially hurting at LD. Pelech is amazing defensively, but there is very little offense in his game. Greene and Chara are obvious stop gaps so there is a big need for an offensive LHD - offensive smurfs that can't defend for shit need not apply. The need is exacerbated by the losses of Leddy and Toews in successive years.

I do have high hopes for Salo to replace the puck moving ability and some offense, but he is not enough. Bolduc has promise, but he seems more of a big shot guy and not an offensive catalyst. Dobson is our great hope offensively for the future and he should be very effective, but there is nothing dynamic in his game as he is just very good all across the board in his skillset.

I detest these offensive smurfs (Aho included) with a passion, but I'm starting to think we may need one that is at least passable in their own end like a Leddy type. We need a little flash.

I think that guy is Gotisbehere, he is better defensively than Aho and would be leading our team in points or close to it and he has racked those points up on the lowly Coyotes, he is probably cheap, probably needs to act now

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
He's only missed 10 games due to injury over the past 3 seasons. Most of the games he missed over that time were due to covid shortening the seasons, not injury. In both of the last two seasons, even if we prorated them based on total number of games in the season rather than games he played in, he still was on pace for 20+ goals and 40+ points.

While it's true he hasn't hit 40 pts, it seems pretty likely he has the ability to do so.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Gotisbehere, he is better defensively than Aho
1b37b0ba-2b78-456b-aa7f-4f37d0b50030_text.gif

Reactions: MJF

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe
I also kicked out a Beau, Bolduc + cap dump for Romanov and Anderson. My hesitation is the potential of Beau- I know we have been saying that for a while. I love our captain I am just not sure if he should be playing with Barzal. This is not an indictment towards Lee, just finding the right fit to play with Barzal is challenging. If things continue to fall apart, I would love to see Beau and Wally with #13 to see if that works.

Any interest in Toffoli??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad