Speculation: Beau for Chariot?

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
"...One name that has been rumored to be available is defenseman Ben Chariot.
The 30 year-old has five points in 20 games this season. He’s a veteran left shot defender who makes just $3.5M on the cap and is a pending UFA.
Several teams are looking for some help on defense with the Islanders being at the very top of the list. Mitch Gallo of Montreal Hockey Now has them, the Avalanche, Leafs, and Oilers as landing spots..." NHL Rumors: Ben Chariot trade destinations, and is there trouble between Fiala and Wild?

Spybot

May 12, 2014
Well, I'm sure Montreal would accept before Lou could finish the sentence, so there's that if you're into selling Beauvillier low.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Let me get this straight -- we're trading Beau because he hasn't been playing well for 2 months?

With that logic, Bailey would be gone 45 times over.

Keep it together fellas. Beau will come around -- as will the team.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
"...One name that has been rumored to be available is defenseman Ben Chariot.
The 30 year-old has five points in 20 games this season. He’s a veteran left shot defender who makes just $3.5M on the cap and is a pending UFA.
Several teams are looking for some help on defense with the Islanders being at the very top of the list. Mitch Gallo of Montreal Hockey Now has them, the Avalanche, Leafs, and Oilers as landing spots..." NHL Rumors: Ben Chariot trade destinations, and is there trouble between Fiala and Wild?

No way, not giving up on Beau...he's only 24 signed for 3 more years. Him and Nelson together are very good. He's just in a slump LIKE THE REST OF THE TEAM....yet Trotz sees it fit to only sit him and may an example of....What an ass...

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Is this a joke? If we are trading Beau, we better be getting a top 6 winger or a top pairing dman, not a 30 year old sixth defenseman. Terrible proposal.

Reactions: periferal

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
24 year old 40-50 pt player on a pretty decent contract who steps it up during OT and the playoffs, not really willing to part with him for a 30 year old defenseman.

Unless MTL were to add and NYI could use that "add" as a sweetener to get someone else up front...

Reactions: The Real JT

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Is this a joke? If we are trading Beau, we better be getting a top 6 winger or a top pairing dman, not a 30 year old sixth defenseman. Terrible proposal.

On what planet is Beau worth a top pairing defenseman? Because it isn't on this one.

Wally is on pace this year to score more goals than any of Beau's years. His inconsistency is MADDENING.

IslandersGER

Dec 29, 2015
Deutschland
24 year old 40-50 pt player on a pretty decent contract who steps it up during OT and the playoffs, not really willing to part with him for a 30 year old defenseman.

Unless MTL were to add and NYI could use that "add" as a sweetener to get someone else up front...
....who steps it up during OT.... :huh:???:rolleyes:

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Chiarot stinks. I didn't think much of his game in the playoffs. Never liked him when he was on Winnipeg. Your trade would be a steal for the Canadiens.

Reactions: Satan'sIsland81

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
No interest in the Chariot deal. But If we could add Romanov and Josh Anderson. I would make a deal centering around Beauvillier. Think Anderson's speed, hitting, and a bit of skill is exactly what the Isles miss in their fwd group. Plus he would be a nice replacement for Bailey next year.

Reactions: Tahoeblue

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe
No interest in the Chariot deal. But If we could add Romanov and Josh Anderson. I would make a deal centering around Beauvillier. Think Anderson's speed, hitting, and a bit of skill is exactly what the Isles miss in their fwd group. Plus he would be a nice replacement for Bailey next year.
Right on. Adding Romanov would at least keep me interested. I was thinking about a Beau, Bolduc, plus a cap hit for a Romanov and Anderson. Montreal loves their Quebec boys. Would hate losing Bolduc.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Right on. Adding Romanov would at least keep me interested. I was thinking about a Beau, Bolduc, plus a cap hit for a Romanov and Anderson. Montreal loves their Quebec boys. Would hate losing Bolduc.
That's interesting. Didn't think of Bolduc. In this case it would be Romanov and Anderson for Beau, Bolduc, and probably a 2nd rd pick for the sweetener to retain Hickey's contract this season. If we have to deal the first, I would ask for Montreal's 2nd rd pick. In essence it will be a high 2nd rd pick would only be a drop down in picks. If Isles deal the first it has to be top 10 protected. The capspace could possibly still allow Lou another move. If we are all in, then may as well be all in this year.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY

I do like Romanov, but the lack of offensive punch on the blue line is concerning long term. Pulock is underrated and Dobson is really emerging, but everyone else brings little to no offensive ability. We are especially hurting at LD. Pelech is amazing defensively, but there is very little offense in his game. Greene and Chara are obvious stop gaps so there is a big need for an offensive LHD - offensive smurfs that can't defend for shit need not apply. The need is exacerbated by the losses of Leddy and Toews in successive years.

I do have high hopes for Salo to replace the puck moving ability and some offense, but he is not enough. Bolduc has promise, but he seems more of a big shot guy and not an offensive catalyst. Dobson is our great hope offensively for the future and he should be very effective, but there is nothing dynamic in his game as he is just very good all across the board in his skillset.

I detest these offensive smurfs (Aho included) with a passion, but I'm starting to think we may need one that is at least passable in their own end like a Leddy type. We need a little flash.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad