OT: Bears & NFL Talk 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Not alot of production though. Don't think there will be a Rice or Pickens or Puka or Doubs or Reed to be ready to be a 1 or 2 right away like we've seen the last two years. Well, combine hasn't happened yet, still plenty of time for guys to pop out.
What do you mean by not a lot of production? Franklin, who I think is viewed as WR5-6 put up almost 1400 yards. Polk, who's like WR10, put up 1159.:dunno:

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Daniels is literally fields all over again. One read tuck and run
still had the best tape of any qb last year, i think he's more stroud type with the run game than fields personally but we'll see..there is a twitter account called football insights that has been tweeting a lot of prospect stats, caleb and daniels grade out pretty similarly in a lot of them, there is obviously a big style/skill set difference...but i can't imagine poles gets cute with the decision if they go the new qb route, its caleb or fields unless someone massively overpays to move up to 1 and they can still get mhj or maye/daniels

Last edited:

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Williams looks much better than Daniels at going through progressions and he also has an extremely quick release. I like Daniels but Williams' film looks much better imo.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
caleb will go 1 but daniels should go 2 from qb board, statistically he had one of the best heisman years ever...also the second leading rusher in the sec

1705109067398.png

1705109127875.png

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
No thanks to Daniels.
if washington called up and said hey we really want to bring Caleb home, we'll give you 2 unprotected 1st round picks in 25 and 26 and your 2nd back from the sweat deal to move up a spot...you still say no?

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
if washington called up and said hey we really want to bring Caleb home, we'll give you 2 unprotected 1st round picks in 25 and 26 and your 2nd back from the sweat deal to move up a spot...you still say no?
Then I’m taking Drake maye. Daniels just doesn’t do it for me personally.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
1) I don't like Daniels
2) the premier QBs in the league aren't moving for even 5 unprotected firsts. Its hard to find elite QB play.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
1) I don't like Daniels
2) the premier QBs in the league aren't moving for even 5 unprotected firsts. Its hard to find elite QB play.
Caleb is not a guarantee at all, he regressed in his draft year, lost to some lousy pac 12 teams, didn't elevate his team into CFP contention enough, you can make the argument Lawrence looked more bullet proof as a prospect coming out and he hasn't exactly met expectations...a player like Dak could ultimately be Caleb's base case...I mean Stroud put up multiple 40+ td seasons with 6 picks in each and didn't even go first overall, he was doing it against top notch competition and elevating his play in the biggest games, he should've went one to the Bears last year...If Poles saw Caleb in the sure fire way some others do he probably doesn't make the comment about asking a potential OC how they would use 'the 4 QBs'...I only brought up Daniels in like a trade down scenario, Maye vs Daniels if DC wants to give up a haul to get Caleb

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Caleb is not a guarantee at all, he regressed in his draft year, lost to some lousy pac 12 teams, didn't elevate his team into CFP contention enough, you can make the argument Lawrence looked more bullet proof as a prospect coming out and he hasn't exactly met expectations...a player like Dak could ultimately be Caleb's base case...I mean Stroud put up multiple 40+ td seasons with 6 picks in each and didn't even go first overall, he was doing it against top notch competition and elevating his play in the biggest games, he should've went one to the Bears last year...If Poles saw Caleb in the sure fire way some others do he probably doesn't make the comment about asking a potential OC how they would use 'the 4 QBs'...I only brought up Daniels in like a trade down scenario, Maye vs Daniels if DC wants to give up a haul to get Caleb

They lost to Washington 52-42. How could Caleb let up 52 points!

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
They lost to Washington 52-42. How could Caleb let up 52 points!
do you think he regressed last year? because thats basically consensus, he went from a guy projected for back to back heisman runs and ended the year not even invited or in the conversation for best pac 12 qb for the 2023 season, not saying he is unworthy of going one, just that he didn't continue to ascend like i would hope for a 'generational' prospect...if the bears do take him obviously i hope he turns into mahomes, Stroud put up a better 2 year run than Caleb imo, but you can't deny the arm talent with Caleb being different

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I assume you mean in addition to this year’s 1st, in which case I take it and run. It’s basically the same return as last year, but getting the #2 instead of 9.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I don’t read into his comments at all.

Trevor Lawrence also “regressed” as college went on and his years fluctuated. I actually thought his freshman year was his best.

It’s more about your tools and talent than it is about your stats and what you did. College talent fluctuates so much team to team you aren’t going to hold a guys W/L against him.

People love Caleb for his elite arm talent, crystal clean mechanics and his ability to create. Mahomes reincarnate is best case. He’s got that kind of talent.

I’m not saying he’ll be that, but I’ve got his ceiling above Dak and Dak is a nice player.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
do you think he regressed last year? because thats basically consensus, he went from a guy projected for back to back heisman runs and ended the year not even invited or in the conversation for best pac 12 qb for the 2023 season, not saying he is unworthy of going one, just that he didn't continue to ascend like i would hope for a 'generational' prospect...if the bears do take him obviously i hope he turns into mahomes, Stroud put up a better 2 year run than Caleb imo, but you can't deny the arm talent with Caleb being different

His numbers aren’t as good but he lost a first round pick WR off of his team last year and doesn’t have a single player on the usc offense this year that will be drafted. Penix had odunze, Daniels has Nabers. If Williams had either one of them he would have thrown for 4000 yards again

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
The thing that gives me pause with Williams is I get a prima donna vibe from him - a kind of selfish immaturity. Maybe I'm totally misreading it - or maybe it won't matter in the right environment - but it's an unknown (to me) and if true it's a big red flag.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I assume you mean in addition to this year’s 1st, in which case I take it and run. It’s basically the same return as last year, but getting the #2 instead of 9.
Yeah, I don't think they would give up 2 1sts in addition to the 2nd pick to move up a spot but with new ownership and a new coach and CW being a local kid maybe they get desperate and offer a 25 1st unprotected and the Bears 2nd round pick back from the Sweat deal...Bears have some leverage in that they could easily sell the pick to NE and still get their guy in MHJ at 3, they need an alpha WR1 regardless and maybe they go get a Bo Nix in round 2 as a dart throw if Fields doesn't take that next step with a new OC...conceivable trade down scenario if the return is right

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Yeah, I don't think they would give up 2 1sts in addition to the 2nd pick to move up a spot but with new ownership and a new coach and CW being a local kid maybe they get desperate and offer a 25 1st unprotected and the Bears 2nd round pick back from the Sweat deal...Bears have some leverage in that they could easily sell the pick to NE and still get their guy in MHJ at 3, they need an alpha WR1 regardless and maybe they go get a Bo Nix in round 2 as a dart throw if Fields doesn't take that next step with a new OC...conceivable trade down scenario if the return is right
I could see Chicago doing it for the #2 pick and a future 1st. I don’t think there’s any chance they trade the #1 for two future 1sts, essentially netting just one 1st in the process and risking that both will be far lower.

Reactions: Paul Allen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad