OT: Bears & NFL Talk 77

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I suspect 4 with Love being 4th going near end of 1st

Also suspect Eason will go in 2nd round (I could see Packers grabbing him and sitting him behind Rodgers)

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I suspect 4 with Love being 4th going near end of 1st

Also suspect Eason will go in 2nd round (I could see Packers grabbing him and sitting him behind Rodgers)

Can someone explain to me why Pace still has a job? They stuck with Angelo too long and they're making the same mistake with Pace.

GMs get 5 years to build a contender, if not, cya later.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Can someone explain to me why Pace still has a job? They stuck with Angelo too long and they're making the same mistake with Pace.

GMs get 5 years to build a contender, if not, cya later.
He has a job because he's found some late round gems, hired what appears to be a decent coach and has hit on some free agents. Not saying he should have a job, but that's what he does.

If this year is like last year, I suspect he's gone.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
My guess is unless the bottom falls out for the bears this upcoming season record wise. Both pace and Nagy will be back for a fourth year together.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
My guess is unless the bottom falls out for the bears this upcoming season record wise. Both pace and Nagy will be back for a fourth year together.
Me and BWC are Prez and VP of the Fire Pace club.

Idk, in NFL timeframes, it feels like GarPax part deux.

Pace should have been fired in January. He bet his tenure on Mitch. Mitch failed, so Pace should be whacked. If you pick a QB that high that is so bad that they don't get a 2nd contract, then at the point at which it is realized that the QB isn't the guy, the GM should be fired.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I have no issue with your feeling about pace. I just don't see the bears firing him unless the bears absolutely fall apart. If their mediocre I think both stay.
I get the balance between accountability and continuity, don't get me wrong. I just think that on principle, if the QB the guy drafted didn't work, then they shouldn't get another chance. I would have fired Angelo before he had a chance to trade for Cutler.

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
Wow.

I can't believe GB took Love. What a slap in the face for Rodgers.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Love to GB is fantastic, in my eyes.

1. Slaps Rodgers in the face.
2. GB did not draft anybody who can help immediately.
3. Love is an average talent who GB reached to get. Love does not concern me in the least. The run of All-Pro QB ends with Rodgers.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I might be only one but I hope the Bears draft Eason tonight

We need a QB of the future as Foles is not answer longterm and Mitch is certainly not answer

He reminds me of Cutty with those throws

Last edited:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I might be only one but I hope the Bears draft Eason tonight

We need a QB of the future as Foles is not answer longterm and Mitch is certainly not answer

He reminds me of Cutty with those throws

That’s actually a great comparison for him if he hits his peak.... which will be mediocrity and lots of maddening turnovers.

Eason sucks.

Reactions: TLEH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad