Not open for further replies.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Adam Schefter
✔ ‎@AdamSchefter
Dion Jordan, 3rd pick in 2013, is being suspended for 2015 season for another substance abuse policy violation, league sources told ESPN.

Wow - Looks like he didn't exactly fail the drug test, but tampered and diluted it.

I don't understand these elite athletes and drug usage.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Wow - Looks like he didn't exactly fail the drug test, but tampered and diluted it.

I don't understand these elite athletes and drug usage.

It's ridiculous that weed is illegal to begin with, but yeah, if you are a professional athlete you have to make that sacrifice and keep clean.

PS: I am assuming that is why he tampered with the test.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
So because something is legal every employer should also allow it? No company can make their own rules because what the government thinks?

Just saying as the previous poster, it shouldn't be. It's stupid. Alcohol, tobacco and prescription pain killers are fine but... It gives a player no advantage during games. May assist them in pain management and possibly healthier than pain killers.

Drop it from the substance abuse policy.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs · 13m13 minutes ago
#Bears GM Ryan Pace says team will not pick up 5th year option for LB Shea McClellin

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 6m6 minutes ago
Bears entertaining trade offers for Pro Bowl TE Martellus Bennett, per league sources. Bennett wants a new contract in Chicago or anywhere.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
If it's within the top 10, maybe.

I'd take a later 1st round pick, another 2nd, and maybe a later one for our pick. That's probably too rich though.

Looks like Cooper and White won't be there with the 7th pick.

Why's that? I keep seeing us taking White, which I think is crazy. I'd much rather have Beasley OR Fowler if they are available. Hell, at this point I'd be up for shopping Bennett & Forte, and then picking up Gurley with our pick.

This ship isn't getting fixed this year unless Cutler does a 180, and our defense plays much better than they did last year. I would rather get what we can for our players, and build so we can compete in 2-3 years.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
If cooper and white are gone top 6, that means the top 6 is Winston, Mariota, white, cooper, Williams, and then fowler or Beasley. Bears would be getting fowler or Beasley

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I don't understand why anyone would give up a free invitation for an impact player to get into the muddled mess that is about 10-12 to 48 in this draft. We're in the talent area that has separated it from the rest. Take it and be happy.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
I don't understand why anyone would give up a free invitation for an impact player to get into the muddled mess that is about 10-12 to 48 in this draft. We're in the talent area that has separated it from the rest. Take it and be happy.

It's not a free invitation though, it's more of a higher chance of drafting an impact players. Every time this year we are talking about duds that were drafted in the top 10. Nothing is certain....absolutely nothing.

Would I give up our 7 for two later 1st round picks...absolutely. Not sure if I'd give it up if we got anything less than that though.

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
It's not a free invitation though, it's more of a higher chance of drafting an impact players. Every time this year we are talking about duds that were drafted in the top 10. Nothing is certain....absolutely nothing.

Would I give up our 7 for two later 1st round picks...absolutely. Not sure if I'd give it up if we got anything less than that though.

It's semantics. We all know the inherent risks with the draft. The expectation of these picks is that you'll get an immediate, impact contributor.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010

I disagree. I think there isn't a lot of separation between white, copper and Parker. Similarly I think Dupree, Beasley, and fowler aren't all that different. Also I think scherff is a sure fire nfl offensive lineman. If I can get a high 2nd round pick moving from 7 to 12, id do it

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
It's semantics. We all know the inherent risks with the draft. The expectation of these picks is that you'll get an immediate, impact contributor.

Agree 100% - That's why I wouldn't give it up for cheap at all. For some reason, if Mariotta was available at 7, I'd call Chip Kelly first thing and see what he wants to give up for him. I'd give the Browns a call too since they have two 1st round picks to part with. No way though.

Ideally (and realistically), I hope we can get either Fowler or Beasley.

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
If we trade down, I want a future 1st, plus this year. I don't value 2 1sts this year more than 1 this year and 1 next year.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
If we trade down, I want a future 1st, plus this year. I don't value 2 1sts this year more than 1 this year and 1 next year.

Same here. The compensation doesn't have to all be this year.

Any chance we make a deal with a team to get picks for Cutler?

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
I doubt it. Partly because I don't think Pace wants to punt this year blatantly.

Yeah - I have zero idea why someone would pick up Cutler, his contract, and all the 'baggage' that goes along with it.

I just keep hearing rumors so I wonder if there is a team really interested in getting Cutty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad