Bears and NFL Talk Thread LIII: Countdown to the Preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
1st time in Chicago Bears history that they lost game in which they didn't give up TD while scoring multiple TD's themselves according to Bears postgame live

LOL

49ers broke a few as well.

Jimmy G's best games as a pro yardage wise with 293 yards passing.

First game 49ers won time of possession all year

/courtesy of the Chicago Bears

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
From Jahns 10 thoughts

4. Accountability? Receiver Josh Bellamy started for the Bears. His loud, expletive-filled argument with Tre McBride led to McBride’s release this past week. Bellamy also said that he didn’t regret his part in it. (He made a four-yard catch in the fourth quarter. It was his only catch of the game.)

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
LOL. Telander, Morrissey, guys on sports talk radio. They gonna have a field day this week

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Kreutz , Gabriel and other ex Bear players/Front office types all calling for McCaskey's to fire Fox/Loggains after this display

It needs to happen but we know it wont

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Kreutz , Gabriel and other ex Bear players/Front office types all calling for McCaskey's to fire Fox/Loggains after this display

It's Pace's call and he won't do it cause it makes him look bad since he had full say in the hires.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

I agree, but I think if it was going to happen, it would have happened already. Probably after the Green Bay loss. I think it's clear that they're riding out the last 4 games with Fox and he will get axed after the last game.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Robbie Gould "Ryan Pace never reached out to me. Never spoke with him at all after I left. We were at New York and he never approached me. I did speak with Coach Fox and Jeff today told them how much I appreciated the time here..."

No doubt 100pct Ryan Pace move to cut Gould for Barth and Santos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QI2yHZDZzg&t=163s

Last edited:
Reactions: TorMenT

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Bears got no pressure today then just sat back in zone. Garrapolo barely had to make any contested throws

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
“I’m honestly extremely disappointed in this season,” Pace said. “But I’m honestly excited going forward. My message to Bears fans is simple: We’re going to get better. We WILL improve. I hear you. But I also understand this is just talk and we’ve got to show actions. We’ve got to show results. I fully get that… .

“My promise to Bears fans, and I really mean this: There’s not a moment that goes by that we’re both not consumed with getting this right. This is unacceptable. It’s painful to deal with. I get it. We’re going to get better. There’s a lot of young players that are going to improve. There’s a lot of players coming back that are going to help us. There’s a lot of things we can do this offseason to make us better.”

Can’t wait to hear what he says this year. Pace also promised Bear fans the team would never select high in the draft again under his watch. Week 17 can't come soon enough!
Hope guys like Telander and Morrissey are in attendance to grill him cause he's gotten a free pass all year.

Last edited:

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
“I’m honestly extremely disappointed in this season,” Pace said. “But I’m honestly excited going forward. My message to Bears fans is simple: We’re going to get better. We WILL improve. I hear you. But I also understand this is just talk and we’ve got to show actions. We’ve got to show results. I fully get that… .

“My promise to Bears fans, and I really mean this: There’s not a moment that goes by that we’re both not consumed with getting this right. This is unacceptable. It’s painful to deal with. I get it. We’re going to get better. There’s a lot of young players that are going to improve. There’s a lot of players coming back that are going to help us. There’s a lot of things we can do this offseason to make us better.”

Can’t wait to hear what he says this year. Pace also promised Bear fans the team would never select high in the draft again under his watch. Week 17 can't come soon enough!
Hope guys like Telander and Morrissey are in attendance to grill him cause he's gotten a free pass all year.

Those quotes definitely sound like something he could have said today. That's a sad irony.

I think his job is safe this off-season. But it's starting to become a question as this thing evolves in to the big pile of crap that it is now. This team is starting to remind me of the last year under Trestman. It's like they've lost their will to fight.

I think Pace will stay, but if whoever his new coach is doesn't have a big first year, he probably will be gone next year.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
And that thought brings another question. If you're a good coaching candidate - do you want to take the Bears job when the GM is hanging on to his job by a thread?

If Pace gets wacked after 1 season, the new GM is going to want his own guy.

With that in mind, I don't see why a Jon Gruden or Josh McDaniels would take this job.

Reactions: TorMenT

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Saw a short article in the Chicago trib today speculating that the Bears will talk to Patriots offensive coordinator about taking over for Fox (can't recall his name) after the season. What are your thoughts? would he be someone you would hire?

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Pace should just save time this year and flip this up on screen when he does his end of season presser cause it's pretty much the exact same theme. Poor guy. Gotta suck dealing with the media in a huge Chicago sports market but he's getting paid the big bucks to take the bad with the good.

Last edited:

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Saw a short article in the Chicago trib today speculating that the Bears will talk to Patriots offensive coordinator about taking over for Fox (can't recall his name) after the season. What are your thoughts? would he be someone you would hire?

That is Josh McDaniels, who I mentioned above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad