Post-Game Talk: Bear

3 Stars

• Total voters

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
This type of regular season victory and statement game calls for the rare double Sam Rosen, Papa Johns 3+ goal victory meme:

IMG_20191127_225602.jpg
IMG_20191127_225602.jpg

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
If I could like this post 1,000 times over I would. Also, to add to this, remember when this team would not show up to start games under Gallant? It was ALL THE TIME.
And to add to your post, in which you added to his post, I will add yes, it did happen all the time! And when you're not out of the starting gate on time, you find yourself a goal or two behind. The way today's NHL is, that puts you behind the eight ball big time. You're going to lose more often than you're going to come back and win. It's that simple. I'm not sure exactly but out of 19 games, we've had the first goal in at least 14 of them. And believe we haven't lost. Maybe I'm wrong.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Very enjoyable watching a game that's not managed by the officials.
Yeah honestly. There was a flow to the game which made it much more enjoyable. I'm sure there were a little ticky tac penalties that could have been called, but even the refs realized this is a original six televised matchup. They actually let the players play. What a concept!

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Might be a good time to trade Panarin !
All kidding aside......what would we get for Foxy? Something like a prospect or 2, and like 3 (three) 1st's?

We've lost 2 games, 1 in O.T? Yeah..... we don't NEED him, lol.

Of course NO WAY would they do that, (nor should I suggest it) but man, oh man..... talk about building sustainability.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Seems like the league should be really taking notice. Noticing how competitive they are. How talented they are. How complete.

Upcoming 2 games vs up and coming Buffalo and Detroit are going to be tough as those young legs would love nothing better than to knock us off of our high horse. Yes, we are damned good but it's up to coach to not allow our guys to be complacent. NO GAME in the NHL is a gimme. Vegas got shut out at home vs Arizona. That should tell us everything you need to know.

Proof? Maybe 30 years ago..... I once bet $1,000 on Sacramento Kings (like 8 wins) vs L.A. Clippers (maybe 10 wins) and about 50 losses each.... One team was worse than the other, but took home team Kings. Whew! Went to triple O.T. nonetheless.

Last edited:
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Seems like the league should be really taking notice. Noticing how competitive they are. How talented they are. How complete.

Upcoming 2 games vs up and coming Buffalo and Detroit are going to be tough as those young legs would love nothing better than to knock us off of our high horse. Yes, we are damned good but it's up to coach to not allow our guys to be complacent. NO GAME in the NHL is a gimme. Vegas got shut out at home vs Arizona. That should tell us everything you need to know.

I worry about the Buffalo game, classic trap game. Though Philly shoud have been too.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Until Vegas wins tonight, yes.
Hope you didn't bet on it. They got shut out. No gimme's in this league. Give me a hungry younggish team vs a top seeded team that "might" be counting their 2 points ahead of time, almost every day.......of course being spotted a goal or 2 or a heavy underdog value. Then again, I don't gamble anymore. I get out of control. lol

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The pacific division is fraudulent.

Sharks are as advertised
Oilers suck
Flames suck less
Ducks have promise, but right now they suck
Kraken are mid AF leaning towards suck
Vancouver has high end talent playing above their heads. They’re falling back to earth.
LA is actually good but also shooting their faces off and are relying on a 900 year old Talbot. Good luck getting through a season+playoffs with him.
Vegas is okay. They haven’t played as well as their record indicates.

Deadline shit awaits but Dallas is a good D or 2 away from being a clear best team in the west. Winnipeg is low key good too.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Times are different. I remember when John Tortorella made all his players that were using sticks with low profile blades change to wider blades.
Would love for Mike Peca to see if he can get Kaapo to change to an adult length stick. What does Kakko have to lose?

Reactions: mas0764 and ArPanet

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I worry about the Buffalo game, classic trap game. Though Philly shoud have been too.
I really hate that term "trap game", but I guess it IS a thing. Thing is that NO team should underestimate another (not unless they're tanking) Lavvy seems to have their collective heads on straight and VERY focused. You can see the difference in the 1st 10 minutes of nearly every game.
For example, how many times have we heard......"we have to be careful to negate opposing teams onslaught in their barn, weather that and you have a better chance of winning".
Yesterday, seemed THAT was what Boston had to deal with. Montgomery was genius to call that timeout, as was Lavvy when he HAD to.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Again, I'd encourage modesty whilst it's still early in the regular season.

The LA Kings are 13-3-3 riding a hot Cam Talbot and I don't think anyone thinks that they're 'contenders' at least not yet.

Reactions: tlk and mas0764

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
All kidding aside......what would we get for Foxy? Something like a prospect or 2, and like 3 (three) 1st's?

We've lost 2 games, 1 in O.T? Yeah..... we don't NEED him, lol.

Of course NO WAY would they do that, (nor should I suggest it) but man, oh man..... talk about building sustainability.
A healthy Adam Fox makes them a better playoff team

80s Kid

Feb 20, 2023
AZ
A healthy Adam Fox makes them a better playoff team
I think the initial quote, "......what would we get for Foxy? Something like a prospect or 2, and like 3 (three) 1st's?" was more hypothetical unless I'm misinterpreting it.

I'm of the belief that everyone has a price but the amount of compensation needed for moving Fox would likely be too prohibitive. That being said, I do wonder what it would be.

Working under the assumption that I'm NOT endorsing any trades involving Fox, do you think:

-Fox for Draisaitl could be done (not getting into cap considerations, NMC/NTC, etc.)?

-Fox for multiple #1 picks (not really realistic for "win now" mode).

-Fox + Shesty + #1 for McDavid?

-Fox for Stutzle?

This is probably more of an August conversation but I found the initial post "...What would we get for Foxy" a little interesting because of the success we've had since he got hurt.

Edit: I apologize for this being OT even though it's a partial reply to an existing post. Probably should be in the Roster Building Thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Larrybiv

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
This is exactly why people need to let things play out. Not a lot of people were fans of Lavi because he was "recycled". Drury brought in a hell of a coaching staff, signed Vesey to a ridiculously cheap extension, brought in Gustafsson, Wheeler is turning a corner, and the biggest finger to Motte who for two offseasons overpriced himself out of here. Pitlick is better. Let's ****** go Rangers. Keep battling, baby. We are in good hands now with Drury and Lavi.
Pitlick is a f***ing monster physically. He should not come out of the lineup because he is exactly what the soft teams wish they had. Clean, doesn’t take penalties, makes other teams feel small and weak.

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think the initial quote, "......what would we get for Foxy? Something like a prospect or 2, and like 3 (three) 1st's?" was more hypothetical unless I'm misinterpreting it.

I'm of the belief that everyone has a price but the amount of compensation needed for moving Fox would likely be too prohibitive. That being said, I do wonder what it would be.

Working under the assumption that I'm NOT endorsing any trades involving Fox, do you think:

-Fox for Draisaitl could be done (not getting into cap considerations, NMC/NTC, etc.)?

-Fox for multiple #1 picks (not really realistic for "win now" mode).

-Fox + Shesty + #1 for McDavid?

-Fox for Stutzle?

This is probably more of an August conversation but I found the initial post "...What would we get for Foxy" a little interesting because of the success we've had since he got hurt.

Edit: I apologize for this being OT even though it's a partial reply to an existing post. Probably should be in the Roster Building Thread.
There's three players I'd trade Fox for: McDavid, Bedard, and Pettersson.

Reactions: mas0764

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad