3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
These attacks on Lindgren are ridiculous. Like a flavor of the month because it's fashionable. The team's record sucks without him playing. The team survived Fox better than Lindgren being out. He's tough. He plays a tough game. That doesn't mean he's a scrapper and a brawler. Know the difference. And if he's getting up after getting lit up repeatedly, that's a sign that he's tough and better than Filip Chytil who's closer to retiring at this point than coming back after getting lit up 1 one time. 1 time.
The team's record without him sucks because he'd get replaced with garbage like Harpur or Mikkola. Fox going out you still have two NHL D on the right.

He plays a tough game, no one disputes that.

Getting lit up repeatedly isn't some kind of badge of honor lmao come on. The Libor Hajek badge. Lindgren's on track to be out of the league by 30, i'd rather he wasn't.

He's getting it a lot right now because he's having a very poor season and we're on the cusp of needing to make a hard decision on his extension, it's pretty simple.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
He's gotten blown up before but its happened more this season than it has the entirety of his career. What has it been? 4 straight games wheres hes been obliterated?

His entire game is off and I don't know wtf is going on. Rangers would be wise to move on before it's too late.

Almost like it’s starting to catch up to him?

He limps into the playoffs every year.

Teams win Cups with big mobile D. Not guys like lindgren that can’t make a play and are 5’11 getting abused every night. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t limp into the playoffs again

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Imagine being an NHL player and some fat clueless oaf is writing newspaper articles that you need to develop spatial awareness
881024C5-587E-4B7C-9EBA-F2C22425E4CA.jpeg

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Imagine being an NHL player and some fat clueless oaf is writing newspaper articles that you need to develop spatial awareness
View attachment 785873
It's a double edged sword at this point. If he meant squat to this team, nobody associated with the team would give 2 bleeps about him being knocked into oblivion. The players and coaches want him to get past whatever the problem is because they need him, bottom line. And anybody who doesn't get that really isn't paying attention. It could very well be that the reason they need him so much is the lack of depth behind him and that others simply can't play his role. Until they find a replacement, they have no choice other than to keep him.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I wonder if the idea of being "tough" and "a warrior" and repeatedly taking these hits and for the most part not being seriously hurt has caused him to be more careless than he should be

Stop getting blown up. Play better. Other players can play effective games without getting blown up constantly, you don't have to put yourself in a really bad position to make a tough play

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Brooks wasn't wrong in his article. What he wrote is stuff we've been saying here for years.

Even for "famous" columnists, the headlines almost always come from the editors. I'd wager Brooks did not write it himself, it's really not his job.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Is Larry normally this much of an asshole? I thought that the Boyle incident was isolated, but I never really see anything he writes.
Idk, I didn’t read the article but I just found the title hilarious. Unrelated but do you guys think Brooks actually believes the things he writes like the grit/toughness narrative shit. Or does he just exploit that viewpoint for clicks and controversy

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
I like the way our depth is playing this year, allowing us to match up very well against the best. Personally, the only loss this year that bothered me was the Dallas loss. Rangers have handled the big dogs pretty well. Looking forward to FLA, COL, and VGK matchups.
I agree. I’m just talking goals here.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Only thing brooks did wrong was not mention how terrible lindgren has been with the puck on his stick all year. Embarrassingly bad

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Brooks is a hack, always has been. I'm doubtful the guy can even skate let alone know the intricacies of an nhl game let alone a game of pickup. Spacial awareness? Gimme a break.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Brooks wasn't wrong in his article. What he wrote is stuff we've been saying here for years.

Even for "famous" columnists, the headlines almost always come from the editors. I'd wager Brooks did not write it himself, it's really not his job.

Fair enough. And I never read the article, FWIW.

Whoever decided on that headline is an asshole though :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad