Post-Game Talk: Bean

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
I disagree with those claiming Lindgren is at fault with that hit, even partially. It's a rough game. Players put themselves face first to the glass all the time when they are digging the puck out with their skates as they crowd around the loose puck on the boards. They don't worry about who is going to come flying at them. There is a players' respect towards each other. We know that doesn't apply when a guy turns at the last second and you don't give the checker a second to change his attack. That wasn't the case here. Lindgren's back is towards the open ice for a few seconds. Pasta still made the decision to send him face first into the glass. Nobody should have to plan on being attacked by some asshat with an agenda.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Pastranak skating away without even so much as what Panarin did would be a joke on the Bruins bench. I don't want him fighting either but sometimes you can't stand by and watch your guys face get planted to the boards. The situation you made up there would open you up to a lifetime of ass kickings, especially a guy like Pastranak, every time we played them. I can guarantee there's not one player on the Bruins team that wouldn't have jumped Lindgren if the roles were reversed, and that's why they are as successful as they are. As I've said before i kinda wish they had atleast one guy that could handle himself on that line.
I just don’t see the point in asking your skill guys to handle that kind of shit in the moment. That just results in a 5 second tussle with Zibanejad and 2 minute instigator penalty. Let the refs call/not call it and later on Trouba/Goodrow/whoever can light Pastrnaks tits. I don’t get why the “message” needs to be sent right away if the right guys aren’t on the ice to do it.

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
What a shock no suspension. Must be a CTE day for Parros.
I don’t care about him missing/not missing games. I do think at least a fine is in order which gets a rap sheet started. The league needs to have this guy on their radar because it’s gonna happen again and next time it might be ugly.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I don’t care about him missing/not missing games. I do think at least a fine is in order which gets a rap sheet started. The league needs to have this guy on their radar because it’s gonna happen again and next time it might be ugly.
When did you see a league’s star of that magnitude with a rap sheet? In this particular case with no apparent long term injury to Lindgren there’s close to zero chance of such outcome.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
The Rangers need to target him next game. None of this staged fight off the faceoff shit. Group effort, every time somebody has a chance to finish their check on him do it. If some hits cross the line so be it. Have him always looking over his shoulder. Unless Lucic posts bail and returns for the next meeting like Ogie Ogilthorpe nobody scares me in terms of retaliation on Boston.

FUZfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2018
I've liked him the last 3 games, think he's adding some physical play and forecheck to that line
He's made some excellent passes that have led to goals as well.
Got a page in on B's postgame and couldn't do anymore. They should never get called for a penalty, the Rangers are hardly impressive and going nowhere because they lost to Toronto at home. Officiating is biased against Boston all the time. Rangers gifted one in regulation. Biggest phony fanbase in hockey, right up there with Jersey. Same ones that kiss Marchand's *** are talking about integrity lmao.
Loser fans. Singing Bon Jovi out loud like a bunch of goofballs. A crappy 80's hair metal, no talent band.

NOMAH!

Last edited:

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
When did you see a league’s star of that magnitude with a rap sheet? In this particular case with no apparent long term injury to Lindgren there’s close to zero chance of such outcome.
When a guy gets fined, he has a prior history.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
The Rangers need to target him next game. None of this staged fight off the faceoff shit. Group effort, every time somebody has a chance to finish their check on him do it. If some hits cross the line so be it. Have him always looking over his shoulder. Unless Lucic posts bail and returns for the next meeting like Ogie Ogilthorpe nobody scares me in terms of retaliation on Boston.
Good luck with that one.....fans have been saying that about this team for decades.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I just don’t see the point in asking your skill guys to handle that kind of shit in the moment. That just results in a 5 second tussle with Zibanejad and 2 minute instigator penalty. Let the refs call/not call it and later on Trouba/Goodrow/whoever can light Pastrnaks tits. I don’t get why the “message” needs to be sent right away if the right guys aren’t on the ice to do it.

Every player, top to bottom HAS to address that immediately.

It's not a matter of actually fighting, it's more sending a message tjat this shit will not be tolerated. Period. End of story.

Lucic is no longer the fighter he once was.

There is no fear there.

Reactions: majordomo

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Definitely was deserving of a couple games imo but Parros wheel of justice strikes again. I think Lindgren needs some video work to realize he needs to make better decisions so as not to get pasted every game.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Bruins seem to lack firepower with Pasta out, but everything else they do is really good. Swayman is solid. Rangers are very good too, and just tired them out.
We'd probably lack firepower without Panarin to be honest. So much of the team's points run through him in one way or another.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
I have a hard time seeing how Lindgren could have avoided the hit from Pastrnak. Not sure how you can blame that on him.

However, I also completely agree that him getting absolutely wrecked every game is getting old. The hits from McCabe and McGinn were both completely avoidable.

The “Lindgren bled for this” schtick won’t be funny for much longer at this pace.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
I want to point out that even though Trocheck had a good season last year, Lavi's coaching style seems to really complement with how Trocheck plays hockey, especially when it comes to transitioning up the ice.

Tro doesn't have the hands to out-deke defenders, but the puck support gives him enough room to play a straight ahead style and receive passes in stride to enter the neutral zone. We're seeing the benefits since he seems to consistently be able to skate the puck deep.

That's really a huge difference from what we saw of the Panarin/Tro duo last year who were unable to get deep and set up a cycle. They were usually one-and-done rather than able to set up the forecheck they now are able to do at times.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
This

This. It’s very easy to read Panarin’s body language in that moment. Did he want to go engage with Pasternak? No. Did he understand repercussions of engaging? Yes. But he was the closest and engaging in that moment was more important to the team’s overall dynamic and his own fit specifically than potential consequences.
The Marchand /Fox pairing was interesting at that time ......I was nervous on that one . I figured the Bread and Pasta was like eating spaghetti with no meatballs....bland LOL.....Marchand would have wrecked Fox. Pasta needs to be taken out with the garbage one of these games . It has to stop !

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Again this shouldn’t be happening so often to stand up for a guy who’s supposed to be the one that’s bringing toughness to the lineup. Supposed to be protecting Fox if anything. Lindgren is limping towards the playoffs every year now because he’s small he’s not aware and teams are just lining up to drill him. He also never drops the gloves to send a message. You think you hit trouba like that and get away with it? No way.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Again this shouldn’t be happening so often to stand up for a guy who’s supposed to be the one that’s bringing toughness to the lineup. Supposed to be protecting Fox if anything. Lindgren is limping towards the playoffs every year now because he’s small he’s not aware and teams are just lining up to drill him. He also never drops the gloves to send a message. You think you hit trouba like that and get away with it? No way.
teams would absolutely love to run Trouba like that but he doesn't put himself in vulnerable positions like Lindgren does

no one cares that trouba might come after you if you hit him. the NHL doesn't work that way anymore. If anything teams would love to run him to get back at him

Reactions: yrrebbor

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

He's gotten blown up before but its happened more this season than it has the entirety of his career. What has it been? 4 straight games wheres hes been obliterated?

His entire game is off and I don't know wtf is going on. Rangers would be wise to move on before it's too late.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He's gotten blown up before but its happened more this season than it has the entirety of his career. What has it been? 4 straight games wheres hes been obliterated?

His entire game is off and I don't know wtf is going on. Rangers would be wise to move on before it's too late.
Yeah a lot of folks are writing off as "welp, Lindgren was always hurt and always sucked at offense."

No, he always sucked at scoring. His first pass out of the zone was generally good. He was usually hurt because he blocked the few shots he gave up.

Now, he can't get out of his own zone despite being attached to either Fox or Gustafsson and he's hurt because he's getting Trouba'd every game.

I know he's only 25, but he's not talented enough to compensate for losing even a half-second of reaction time.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Yeah a lot of folks are writing off as "welp, Lindgren was always hurt and always sucked at offense."

No, he always sucked at scoring. His first pass out of the zone was generally good. He was usually hurt because he blocked the few shots he gave up.

Now, he can't get out of his own zone despite being attached to either Fox or Gustafsson and he's hurt because he's getting Trouba'd every game.

I know he's only 25, but he's not talented enough to compensate for losing even a half-second of reaction time.

there was one nothing play last night where he had the puck and the rangers were changing and lindgren just sat there holding onto it while the lines changed and then he skated it up a bit and tried a pass that didn't work and it went down the ice and the Bruins immediatley broke it back out and I was thinking "why the f***, just give it to Fox"

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
These attacks on Lindgren are ridiculous. Like a flavor of the month because it's fashionable. The team's record sucks without him playing. The team survived Fox better than Lindgren being out. He's tough. He plays a tough game. That doesn't mean he's a scrapper and a brawler. Know the difference. And if he's getting up after getting lit up repeatedly, that's a sign that he's tough and better than Filip Chytil who's closer to retiring at this point than coming back after getting lit up 1 one time. 1 time.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
We'd probably lack firepower without Panarin to be honest. So much of the team's points run through him in one way or another.
I like the way our depth is playing this year, allowing us to match up very well against the best. Personally, the only loss this year that bothered me was the Dallas loss. Rangers have handled the big dogs pretty well. Looking forward to FLA, COL, and VGK matchups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad