Beachbody Series Thread (Insanity Max 30 Released)

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Honestly a great idea is test running each workout. Just to get used to the moves and get used to format. I always do that w/ my Shaun T DVDs.

You know I always hybrid my Insanity with lifting, but Max 30 is one that I highly recommend following the schedule/calendar because it gets your mind in such a good place. The only DVD I switched out from Month 1 was Tabata Power. Some really love it, but I found it just a tad too easy for a strength day, so I did Tabata Strength each time where the Tabata Power/Strength was in the calendar. Tabata Strength is harder, IMO.

Nonetheless - I found doing this one with a full calendar was one of the best things I've ever done. Made me feel younger. I was stronger. My mental game improve by numbers I cannot calculate. And that helped me lifting afterward because I knew I had another level every time I was in the gym.

I just cannot wait to hear your results once it's said and done. If you have the time, post your daily workout max out times/thoughts. And if you start it on a specific date, I might just re-start it, because I'm getting quite bored in the gym with powerlifting and building strength.

Not sure if I will follow the schedule because I always found the insanity strength training workouts lacking for what I want to do. I assume it is all body weight strength training like in the original series?

I will look over the workouts and see what workouts I can sub in on my cardio days. I will likely do three max 30 workouts a week, so I need to find what will really leave me dripping.

It looks like again, with the original insanity vids how they have two phases of videos... I assume the max out videos are the hardest? I.e. Max out cardio, max out sweat, max out strength, etc.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I did Asylum - Plyo and goodness it whipped my butt.

Anyone jump on BBOD and check out Shaun Week? I'm pretty much against any/all beach body on demand stuff because i want physical copies of the workout, but Speed 4.0 and the other releases aren't available on DVD yet. Anyone try it out?

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I did P90X a few years back and ended up tearing my groin and aductor muscles. My own fault for pushing too hard. When I did it, I lost 60 pounds and really toned up. I'm going to be doing it again because I was recently diagnosed with Type II Diabetes and I need to get some extra weight off. I've also got P90X2 and I'm going to try that after completing the first 90 days of P90X. Even thinking of starting a gym club at work dedicated to doing P90X. There are multiple routines you can do, but I plan on going with the Lean Routine again.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Took Cole’s advice and did straight Insanity Max 30 this winter.

Stopped my outdoor training in late December. However, because of the holidays and a really nasty case of the flu, I didn’t start Max 30 until mid-January.

So I basically jumped into the routine with about three weeks of no real conditioning work. My week one numbers were sad... just shamefully bad.

Cardio challenge I was maxing out after 5-6 minutes and stopped after 12. Similar deal with the other workouts for this phase.

By week three my conditioning was kicking back in and I was hitting my goal of not maxing out until roughly 15 minutes and was making it through the workouts with no problems.

Really hit my stride in phase two. Max out numbers were usually around the 20 minute mark for most workouts, and I was finishing them all as well.

Few quick notes:

- My best workout was Max Cardio and I was able to do all 30 minutes without maxing out.

- Friday Fight Round 2 was my nemesis and while I could finish it was a struggle. Generally maxed out around 15, but my last workout I was able to hit the 23 minute mark before I maxed out.

- I was always pushing myself to get better from one workout to the next, and looking over two months worth of my numbers was definitely eye opening how far I came from the first week.

Overall my goal for this program was to keep myself in top shape until I could train again outdoors in the spring.

This program passed with flying colors, as I was able to literally double all of my previous starting numbers (flat sprint and hill sprint reps) when I went back to my spring routines.

So suffice to say I’m extremely happy with Max 30 and would highly recommend it.

Reactions: RustyCat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad