Battlefield 2042 (2021)

Sep 19, 2008
The game isn't bad at all. A little buggy but that's to be expected. Some people complaining about frame rates. Built a whole new computer to play this, getting 60 fps. Expected higher but hey.

AoW isn't even that bad too if you stick to breakthrough which is a rush variant. 64 people trying to storm a point is just sheer bliss. Gives you that BF feeling.

So yeah, AoW (Breakthrough) and Portal.

Sep 19, 2008
I wish the servers would actually f***ing work I've barely played since noon because I can't connect

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
I haven't had any issues with connecting to the servers.

Getting in to games is about 50 / 50 but then I just queue again.

I'm running in to a bug that causes me to lose control of my character for up to 20 seconds. Really annoying

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
I wish the servers would actually f***ing work I've barely played since noon because I can't connect
I had that problem too, but no issues today. Aside from the connection issues yesterday, two instances of reduced framerate, and one match that didn't end, I haven't encountered anything that I'd usually expect from a new Battlefield game. We'll see how the day one patch changes that.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Yeah I saw that most of it is ice too

That's why I'm not going to play aow
These massive wide open maps have been some of the most frustrating things to play on in recent Battlefields for me. I mostly play operations / breakthrough, and on some of the desert maps in BF1 and Hamada in BF5, there's absolutely nothing you can do unless you're a sniper or on a tank.

Can't remember if I ever played a game on one of those maps where over 50% of my team wasn't snipers.

Reactions: HabsTown

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Played for a few hours last night and had very few issues. At one point my teammate showed no dot above his head, so I assumed he was an enemy, but I didn’t get any hit markers so I obviously figured it out, but several guys on my team were shooting at him, so it was affecting others as well. That was pretty annoying and my friend who was on PS5 while I was on PC had a bug where after every death he had to set up his class again. That was probably the worst bug we ran into.
Overall we had a lot of fun.

Sep 19, 2008
Yeah it's alright. It's not that bad. A few bugs but if you stick to breakthrough it should be fine. Also I was milling around and someone pointed out you can earn a shit load of xp in hazard zone. You can also get xp spotting with the drone.

I'm already level 16 but some people are higher (27)

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Yeah it's alright. It's not that bad. A few bugs but if you stick to breakthrough it should be fine. Also I was milling around and someone pointed out you can earn a shit load of xp in hazard zone. You can also get xp spotting with the drone.

I'm already level 16 but some people are higher (27)

I’m liking it but I’m really not liking the design of the weapons.

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
Played for a few hours last night and had very few issues. At one point my teammate showed no dot above his head, so I assumed he was an enemy, but I didn’t get any hit markers so I obviously figured it out, but several guys on my team were shooting at him, so it was affecting others as well. That was pretty annoying and my friend who was on PS5 while I was on PC had a bug where after every death he had to set up his class again. That was probably the worst bug we ran into.
Overall we had a lot of fun.

I keep having that loadout issue. I keep losing my loadout and I have to rebuild it. I'll also load into a game with no loadout and I can't set one. I also had it where an enemy and I were shooting at each other and after a while we realized no one was getting damaged so we walked point blank and kept firing. Nothing. I knifed him and got the kill but it was dumb. Also died and got stuck in that screen. This game is so broken. They also need to either let you set the flying to the same way it was in the other BF games, or allow you to set things to L1 and R1 (yaw). Everytime you go to set the yaw to one of those buttons, it will think you are changing to something else in the menu instead. Another thing is using the 6x scope for sniping. Sometimes it's 6x and other times it's like iron sights.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Yea this game has a lot of problems, I decided not to buy it after playing the 10 hour trial. Lots of technical issues, online issues, and worst of all the gunplay is all over the place because things like bullet deviation and balancing is terrible.

Sep 19, 2008
i hear the bugs and optimization is even worse on PC
There's a bug where you can't spawn after getting killed (stuck in revive) but they'll probably fix it

right now i'm still playing and having a lot of fun. people complain but they haven't seen 64 people rush a point. At this point every map is pretty solid, including the bland Orbital.

Sep 19, 2008
The game isn't awful by any means it's just really early. If you want to buy it wait a few months for new content and patches to come out.

Aow breakthrough is okay but the damn thing is... They only have 9 characters for you to choose from and those same 9 characters are on the other side too!!!! The only way you can differentiate teams is a blue dot above your teammates.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
The game isn't awful by any means it's just really early. If you want to buy it wait a few months for new content and patches to come out.

Aow breakthrough is okay but the damn thing is... They only have 9 characters for you to choose from and those same 9 characters are on the other side too!!!! The only way you can differentiate teams is a blue dot above your teammates.
j8ilv5asf5081.png

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Only reason this is being dumped out is EA being too chicken shit to delay it to the spring. Now Halo and Warzone are going to take a double dumperooo on Battlefield.

8jmmf34ypkz71.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Chaels Arms

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I was so pumped for this game because I need a hard reset from Warzone and COD but everything I'm reading has convinced me to wait on this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad