Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
RingedHospitableDassierat.gif

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Oilers have had the most ridiculous luck against us this season

Game 1 - Gulutzan decides to play Nick Grossmann as our #4D and the refs were awful

Game 2 - the refs were awful and Talbot goes Full Hasek

Game 3 - the refs were awful and a ****ing shootout.

I want these guys in the playoffs. We'll stomp them in a best of 7.

Oilers have had the most ridiculous luck against us this season

Game 1 - Gulutzan decides to play Nick Grossmann as our #4D and the refs were awful

Game 2 - the refs were awful and Talbot goes Full Hasek

The Oilers have McDavid and the Flames have Wideman.....do you really think this biased officiating (which I, even as an Oilers fan, will admit is a partial) is going to go away in a playoff series?

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary

Ehh you're reaching. Refs were not awful tonight. They let a lot of stuff go on both sides. Yes if this doesn't go to a shootout, I like our chances better. But it did and here we are.

A playoff series would be ****ing nuts.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Good game ruined by the shootout. take them out of the game. Refs horrendous once again. Better effort, and I thought we were the better team overall. 1 point is better than 0 and having the Oilers ahead by more.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Cardiac Kids are back. I don't know if I enjoy these roller coaster hits to my chest tho.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
By the standards of this season, the refs were pretty good tonight. Barring the requisite "oh **** the oilers need to get a PP with 5 minutes left" call I'd say they were actually really good.

The good guys played a very solid game but couldn't bury one past Talbot. I just wish they'd bring this level of effort in every game.

I also really noticed in this game that the Oilers have a much less aggressive forecheck than pretty much every other team I've watched the Flames play this year. The Flames had so many clean breakouts and the D was able to activate much more than usual. They couldn't do anything with it but it was nice to see them not being stuck in the d-zone all game.

Elliott had a little bit of redemption as well, hopefully he picks his game up for good now.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
The Oilers have McDavid and the Flames have Wideman.....do you really think this biased officiating (which I, even as an Oilers fan, will admit is a partial) is going to go away in a playoff series?

Playoff series
- are under a greater microscope
- have more whistles put away, favoring the teams that gets called for Ticky-Tacks in the regular season
- will have Playoff Ferland
- will have less Jokipakka-Engelland if Gulutzan has any sense (though I doubt he does, since Kulak SHOULD have played tonight). When Kulak is on the ice the Flames are a completely different team from when Jokipakka is on the ice.

Do I expect the bias to change? Probably not but the impact of reffing is more significant in the regular season.

Yeah, you can't blame the refs on this. This was a pretty evenly called game. Both teams got away with stuff and both teams got caught with stuff.

"Both teams got away with stuff" yet one team has three times as many man-advantages including one soft roughing call in the winding minutes of the third while the other team was on a promising rush that might have resulted in the game winner.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Also, I would gladly have the Flames lose 10-0 in their next meeting if it meant that the Oilers would sign Russell long term. He was pretty comfortably their worst player tonight. I liked Eberle's game though he ended up being fairly ineffective and Benning was actually incredible.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Was that a commercial for a show about coke growing mennonites? Because that's what I got out of it.
I don't know if they grow it in the show but I think it is loosely based on the Mexican Mennonites around Bow Island that have been caught several times smuggling cocaine into the country, they have serious ties to the Cartels.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It is seriously several levels below everything else.
I actually want to watch Pure, Bellevue (I don't think it's being advertised yet, but Anna Paquin has the female lead) and I kinda wanna see the mom one.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
I actually want to watch Pure, Bellevue (I don't think it's being advertised yet, but Anna Paquin has the female lead) and I kinda wanna see the mom one.

Yeah working moms seems like it could be legitmately funny

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Is it just me or have we run into an odd situation with Mony and Johnny? Both seem to play better away from each other right now, but neither can find chemistry with anyone, and they're not clicking together. We really need Bennett, Brouwer, Chiasson, Ferland (when healthy) to step up here.. Especially the first two.. Bennett's season has been a huge disappointment when I recall how stellar he looked in camp and preseason.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah working moms seems like it could be legitmately funny
It's Bellevue I really want to see, sounds like Paquin is a small cop investigating the disappearance of a trans girl and she ends up having to dig into the lives of people she has known her whole life.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Is it just me or have we run into an odd situation with Mony and Johnny? Both seem to play better away from each other right now, but neither can find chemistry with anyone, and they're not clicking together. We really need Bennett, Brouwer, Chiasson, Ferland (when healthy) to step up here.. Especially the first two.. Bennett's season has been a huge disappointment when I recall how stellar he looked in camp and preseason.
Brouwer looked good before his injury, he likely came back a little early due to Ferland's injury. So I would give him a couple/few more games to get back to that.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Big positive for me is that we made McGenerational look McPedestrian. The way he feasted on us early in the season was embarassing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad