GDT: 'Battle of Alberta': Calgary @ Edmonton- 8 PM MT- CBC

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Lol, trust me I get it....being around HFOil is so bad recently with the endless circle-jerks.

FWIW, obviously I want the Oilers to win...but I wouldn't mind at all if it were in OT/SO. I'd rather have a competitive hockey landscape like Alberta field two NHL playoff teams than the two teams down here in SoCal who- while both being being elite teams/SC contenders- can hardly garner any sort of genuine passion for hockey.

Just my 2 cents.
I enjoy a competetive rivalry as well, my little brother is an Oiler fan and it's more fun when we both have something to be excited about. Although I have trouble handing any Oiler broadcast because Rogers seems to forget there are more players playing that McDavid

I enjoy a competetive rivalry as well, my little brother is an Oiler fan and it's more fun when we both have something to be excited about. Although I have trouble handing any Oiler broadcast because Rogers seems to forget there are more players playing that McDavid

It was the same thing with the Pens/Caps home broadcasts early on in the careers of Crosby/Ovechkin. Generational players will always absorb the spotlight as if they were NBA stars.:laugh:

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
I'm so confused as to why Johnson played last game

Every time Gulutzan thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, I get a bad feeling...

Smart thing would be to start your better goalie against the better team / worse goalie against the worse team but no, Gully knows Better...

Hoping for a miracle, expecting a debacle.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta

Oh, you didn't hear? Taylor Hall made his return to Edmonton the other night. Taylor Hall was traded in the off season to New Jersey. Before that Taylor Hall played with the Edmonton Oilers for 6 years, the team that drafted Taylor Hall in 2010 when Taylor Hall was selected first over all, which rhymes with Taylor Hall. Taylor Hall. Taylor Hall. Taylor Hall.

:facepalm:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'd rather hear more about guys like Larsson and his impact on the improvement of that team, but what would I know, I'm just a hockey fan.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Larsson has been awesome. Me and Meth both agreed that was a good trade for them, when everyone else wanted to say it sucked.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Only get to watch a period and a bit of this BoA before. I'm nervous about how this game is going to go, so that might be a good thing.

Aug 21, 2014
Lets go Flames beat the Oil!

Qzj1jQy.gif

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It is haha, they're given a higher ranking over us on the PP (EDM:11, CGY:12), but we're given a higher ranking on the PK: (CGY:18, EDM:19).
it's never given, always earned :naughty: the NHL just doesn't show enough decimal places is all

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Awesome, another 20+ minute delay because of an "honoring". I am all for honoring Hayley, she is the GOAT female hockey player, but do this stuff before game time, not at game time.

Stupid Edmonton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad