GDT: Battle in the Basement | Columbus @ Ottawa | 7 PM EST

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I guess we're going to do the whole anti assistant coach thing again. We never understand anything about our assistant coaches, especially one as obscure as Steve McCarthy.

Remember when Lars was the reason our PP sucked and was going to be Torts 2.0 (too much of a hardass) if we hired him to be the head coach? We're not good at this. Just stop.

I think they are putting too much pressure on him to carry te offense. He had 26:42 in ice time last night. Even more than Werenski,

That is an insane amount for a forward. There zero trust for any other forward on this team and this is a problem. Where is the accountability when you just pile more work on a guy while the others can half ass their jobs?

How many people have worked in an office environment where management just piles more work on their favorites who work hard while others can skate by being mediocre?

Yeah that's too many minutes. Also really impressive, most players look much worse if they play that much.

I don't really get your critique of accountability though. Minutes are accountability. If the coach sits you on the bench while he double shifts Boone, that is accountability.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I guess we're going to do the whole anti assistant coach thing again. We never understand anything about our assistant coaches, especially one as obscure as Steve McCarthy.

Remember when Lars was the reason our PP sucked and was going to be Torts 2.0 (too much of a hardass) if we hired him to be the head coach? We're not good at this. Just stop.

Yeah that's too many minutes. Also really impressive, most players look much worse if they play that much.

I don't really get your critique of accountability though. Minutes are accountability. If the coach sits you on the bench while he double shifts Boone, that is accountability.
Accountability might have been the wrong term. If the season is lost and players need experience, we aren't putting them into enough positions to gain that experience. I know there are a few people out of the lineup but some of these guys need more PP and PK time. We know what Boone and can do already.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Accountability might have been the wrong term. If the season is lost and players need experience, we aren't putting them into enough positions to gain that experience. I know there are a few people out of the lineup but some of these guys need more PP and PK time. We know what Boone and can do already.
I think it's a balancing act between young guys getting experience and making sure their confidence doesn't get hit.

Take Jiricek for instance. Yes he should be getting NHL experience but if the experience he's getting shows that he is a bottom or middle pairing defenseman right now, there's an argument for keeping him in the AHL and letting him produce like a franchise player. Get him used to dominating versus being dominated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad