Bats hurt

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
I’m not saying you in particular. I entered the discussion to address the idea of ‘get the shotgun’ for seemingly petty disputes... clearly that’s not your solution to everything so I’m not really speaking to you.

Too many Americans bring guns into the equation when they aren’t necessary.. and they result in far too many senseless killings. If you watch the news you can’t even dispute this.
No you didn't.

The OP was talking about 2 men (armed with at least one club) that were going after his neighbor. This is not a "seemingly petty dispute" especially considering the weapon ended up being used against the OP to crack his ribs.

No, sir. You saw "gun" and went into an agenda. Hur durr, dumb 'Mericans and their gunz ... My country is far superior to those dumb asses.

Give me a damn break. At least make an attempt to try and be genuine.

Edit: My bad, Guerzy is right. This ain't the place. I'm out.

Reactions: Urblock and Guerzy

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
No you didn't.

The OP was talking about 2 men (armed with at least one club) that were going after his neighbor. This is not a "seemingly petty dispute" especially considering the weapon ended up being used against the OP to crack his ribs.

No, sir. You saw "gun" and went into an agenda. Hur durr, dumb 'Mericans and their gunz ... My country is far superior to those dumb asses.

Uhh hurr durr :laugh:

What I’m saying is that when you bring guns into a situation it can escalate quickly. Given the information the OP has provided, it’s my opinion that the two attackers weren’t intending to seriously hurt anyone given that it was two on one with a bat, and he only suffered broken ribs.

Bringing a gun into that makes it a far more dire situation and less likely everyone walks away from it.

Incredible to me that some think that’s unreasonable.

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
I’m not saying you in particular. I entered the discussion to address the idea of ‘get the shotgun’ for seemingly petty disputes... clearly that’s not your solution to everything so I’m not really speaking to you.

Too many Americans bring guns into the equation when they aren’t necessary.. and they result in far too many senseless killings. If you watch the news you can’t even dispute this.

You shouldn't believe everything the fake news media tells you. Chicago is 90% safe. It's only a few small sections that the media paints as the whole city. I've been to Chicago plenty of times and have never been shot or even shot at all. Sounds like you expierenced an isolated incident that can happen in any city or town in the world.

Reactions: tonyhawks77

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
You shouldn't believe everything the fake news media tells you. Chicago is 90% safe. It's only a few small sections that the media paints as the whole city. I've been to Chicago plenty of times and have never been shot or even shot at all. Sounds like you expierenced an isolated incident that can happen in any city or town in the world.
I take the facts and don’t listen to any narrative the media pushes. People shot and killed are people shot and killed. Less guns and less of an attitude to bring your gun would result in a lot less killing. I don’t think that’s an unreasonable ask from a first world nation?

... unfortunately the problem seems just as political as it is cultural. A lot of people make a lot of money off guns and ammunition, and that will always make it seemingly impossible to change... Wasn’t it a state senator’s response to the Stoneman Douglas tragedy to arm the teachers? Imagine all the zeros in those contracts.

... and my experience in Chicago is irrelevant to my point. It was simply a ‘funny you should mention’ type of comment.

Urblock

Mar 18, 2018
No you didn't.

Everything in this post except the @Guerzy comment is 100%.

Reactions: Bumpus and Guerzy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad