Proposal: Barzal to Montreal

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Still thinking about it, it was sooooooooooooooooooooooo close Jets would draft Barzal, but damn Chia had to take a massive turddump and give away Barzal to Snow. Connor is still solid, but we need centers more than wingers atm =)

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
Just stop. Close this thread. Theres not a single asset in the entire organization that is worth barzal. Literally not a single asset.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The only player from Montreal that would get it done would be Weber at 6m retained
Would that get it done?

If I was the NYI, I wouldn't do that deal. I would only trade him for a young D that is or looks to be a #1 Dman at some point. And even then, without Tavares signed yet, no way would I make a move yet.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
I have no idea what Montreal could possibly give up to get Barzal. I'm not even sure such a package exists.
maybe if Montreal offers their franchise and let them build whatever team they want and allow all the cap dumps to come along, there's a possibility... other than that, Barzal will stay a NY Islanders for a very longtime

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
File this with the "McAvoy to Buff" threads under the title: Please don't inquire about rookies having breakout years on teams that have absolutely no need or interest in trading them for multiple lesser pieces, including high salaried vets or UFAs to be.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
As an Islanders fan only way I would trade Barzal at this point is

1. Tavares resigns with us for sure

2. We gets a 25 and under defensemen who is already a top pairing defenseman with room(I would seettle for 2nd pairing with alot of room to grow if he is closer to 20) to grow or #1 who is in his late 20s

Even still, I wouldn't trade Barzal. The kid is a stud and NYI is trending upwards, if they could get decent goal tending they could be a legit contender in the East.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Pacioretty
Lindgren
Juulsen

For

Barzal

Montreal gets an excellent young C to rebuild with and Islanders get a sniper that needs a change in scenery but can still score 30-35 goals possibly more with Tavares. Solid upcoming goaltender in Lindgren and a strong defenseman in Juulsen.

So it's safe to say people have no clue who Anders Lee is?

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

IKEA

May 31, 2010
SE
dream on; get it that these forums are more of a fantasy tirade than anything else realistic, but it's a real shame when opening the forum and see all these proposals for clubs' young hot talent. ain't gonna happen

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
never understand why people make these type of trade proposals

NY doesn't create a massive hole by trading a 20 year old C who's well on his way to being a star regardless of whether Tavares re signs .

They were gifted this pick when Chia decided he needed a to blow his brains out to acquire a bust and then were fortunate Boston passed on Barzel 3 times because he was way too skilled for there team .

HabsEstrie

Sep 30, 2017
maybe if Montreal offers their franchise and let them build whatever team they want and allow all the cap dumps to come along, there's a possibility... other than that, Barzal will stay a NY Islanders for a very longtime

Coming from a fan of a team that probably wont even be in Ontario next year !! LMFAO when it happens to that disaster of a franchise. Turris for Duchesne !! Brilliant.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
This is terrible for the Isles.

Also, Barzal isn't french Canadian.
Luckily he never grew up Leaf fan. That way we don't have to listen to all these Halah,Ryder er i mean Kapanaen and the Leafs 1st continues offers.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Luckily he never grew up Leaf fan. That way we don't have to listen to all these Halah,Ryder er i mean Kapanaen and the Leafs 1st continues offers.
Barzal is a phenomenal talent but realistically we can't fit him into the current cap situation with all of our elite talent on forwards.

Not the worst issue to have.

Wanna chat about Sergachev's stats vs Drouin?

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
This thread makes me feel dirty. Yuck. If barzal doesnt play his entire career for the isles ill be floored. This fanbase has fallen in love with him. His value to the Islanders will surpass anything he could return. He is a future superstar and he will wear the blue orange and white for his career.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
never understand why people make these type of trade proposals

NY doesn't create a massive hole by trading a 20 year old C who's well on his way to being a star regardless of whether Tavares re signs .

They were gifted this pick when Chia decided he needed a to blow his brains out to acquire a bust and then were fortunate Boston passed on Barzel 3 times because he was way too skilled for there team .

1. Where team?
2. Why the potshot at Boston in a NYI MTL thread?
3. Pastrnak, Marchand, McAvoy and Bergeron skilled enough for you? Thought so.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
As an Islanders fan only way I would trade Barzal at this point is

1. Tavares resigns with us for sure

2. We gets a 25 and under defensemen who is already a top pairing defenseman with room(I would seettle for 2nd pairing with alot of room to grow if he is closer to 20) to grow or #1 who is in his late 20s

If the defenseman was Mete instead of Juulsen (who also seems like a future top4 D and played very well in the WJCs) would that make a difference?

Top 3 sniper over the last 5 years + Mete + Lindgren?

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
1. Where team?
2. Why the potshot at Boston in a NYI MTL thread?
3. Pastrnak, Marchand, McAvoy and Bergeron skilled enough for you? Thought so.

Marchand according to rumors was close to being dealt multiple times and i'm sure McAvoy and Pasta's name will come up with rumors as well if they go through an poor season.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Marchand according to rumors was close to being dealt multiple times and i'm sure McAvoy and Pasta's name will come up with rumors as well if they go through an poor season.

I like blonde girls with either green or blue eyes, sports cars, good food and big blue skies. This has as much to do with my original post as your answer does. Try again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad