Proposal: Barzal to Montreal

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Pacioretty
Lindgren
Juulsen

For

Barzal

Montreal gets an excellent young C to rebuild with and Islanders get a sniper that needs a change in scenery but can still score 30-35 goals possibly more with Tavares. Solid upcoming goaltender in Lindgren and a strong defenseman in Juulsen.

Last edited:

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Pacioretty
Lindgren
Juulsen

For

Barzal

Montreal gets an excellent young C to rebuild with and Islanders get a sniper that needs a change in scenery but can still score 30-35 goals possibly more with Tavares. Solid upcoming goaltender in Lindgren and a strong defenseman in Juulsen.

I can think of one player in this deal who absolutely does not need a change of scenery.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
isles pass. Barzal is a rookie C that is on pace for 80pts. Pacioretty + a couple meh pieces arent gonna get it done

Lindgren would potentially be an upgrade on Halak/Greiss at this point (or at least give similar goaltending for 2-3M less). Allows them to move one of them. Also waiver exempt if goalie move waits closer to deadline.

Juulsen is a good two-way D prospect. A year or two away.

They are not meh pieces. Audette+Fucale would be meh pieces.

Still, I doubt NYI does that, especially with Tavares not yet re-signed. Even then, having an awesome 1-2 punch at C as proven effective before, so they might try it. Factor in that Patches is not a PO performer and is 1 1/2 year from UFA and NYI doesn't do it.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Lindgren would potentially be an upgrade on Halak/Greiss at this point (or at least give similar goaltending for 2-3M less). Allows them to move one of them. Also waiver exempt if goalie move waits closer to deadline.

Juulsen is a good two-way D prospect. A year or two away.

They are not meh pieces. Audette+Fucale would be meh pieces.

Still, I doubt NYI does that, especially with Tavares not yet re-signed. Even then, having an awesome 1-2 punch at C as proven effective before, so they might try it. Factor in that Patches is not a PO performer and is 1 1/2 year from UFA and NYI doesn't do it.

neither are high end prospects. Lindgren was an undrafted free agent sign that has look good in a short NHL stint but not so good in the AHL. Juulsen hasnt lived up to his 1st rd draft billing (yet)

these guys dont come close to bridging the gap between a rookie C that is nearly a ppg player and a 29 year old 30-35g/60-65pt winger that wont come close to that this year.

Isles would probably want Price is any kind of deal for Barzal, as it makes their team better. the OP doesnt

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
neither are high end prospects. Lindgren was an undrafted free agent sign that has look good in a short NHL stint but not so good in the AHL. Juulsen hasnt lived up to his 1st rd draft billing (yet)

these guys dont come close to bridging the gap between a rookie C that is nearly a ppg player and a 29 year old 30-35g/60-65pt winger that wont come close to that this year.

Isles would probably want Price is any kind of deal for Barzal, as it makes their team better. the OP doesnt
While the Islanders would be foolish to accept that remember that St Louis also went undrafted. Using that as an excuess seems kind of stupid.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Lindgren is not looking good only if you don't know the tire fire that is a Sly coached team. He was the clear MVP last year.

Juulsen has looked great in the AHL since returning from mid/long-term injury and was rock solid in the WHL.

I also acknowledged that NYI wouldn't do the deal, but I disagreed Lindgren and Juulsen were meh prospects.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Barzal is worth more than anyone in the Canadiens entire system and NYI wouldn't move him, nor would they move him in a package deal for a bunch of smaller and less valuable pieces. And the fact that the proposal doesn't even include Drouin is shocking

Reactions: billybudd

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
With the uncertainty surrounding Tavares, I don't see anyway to make a deal for Barzal.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
As an Islanders fan only way I would trade Barzal at this point is

1. Tavares resigns with us for sure

2. We gets a 25 and under defensemen who is already a top pairing defenseman with room(I would seettle for 2nd pairing with alot of room to grow if he is closer to 20) to grow or #1 who is in his late 20s

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
Habs have nothing to interest the Isles. In fact there is as much chance of this happening as Tavares signing for the Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad