Barrie Colts 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part One)

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Reactions: I Loveallsports

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
Really the at fault is whomever on the wolves called for Aitcheson's head - bounty or not. Clean hit, and he dropped the gloves after the hit so he already answered the bell. Wake up people, it's hockey, it is a contact sport. If you don't like it and can't handle it, go play tennis.

Reactions: Roadhog and dirty12

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
Big W in Sudbury last night. Go Colts!
Barrie has been getting some really good goaltending as of lately from there tandem keeping the Colts in games. Jelsma has really turned it on as well as Patterson in the 2nd half of the season.
Keep playing well with this young team and sneak into the playoffs for some much needed experience.

Reactions: OHLColtsPuck

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
Barrie has been getting some really good goaltending as of lately from there tandem keeping the Colts in games. Jelsma has really turned it on as well as Patterson in the 2nd half of the season.
Keep playing well with this young team and sneak into the playoffs for some much needed experience.
Yes goaltending has been out of this world lately for the most part. I really have liked the evolution of Brauti as well. I hope he is a two way force in the top four next season.

Patterson's first three steps have improved noticeably in the 2nd half. He is creating the extra space needed to get the good scoring looks. Beaudoin creates a lot of space for him as well with is tenacity. We are not an 8th place team that the top teams are hoping to play!

Reactions: MeafAttack

Mvalente

Mar 2, 2024
Apparently they hit a Glycol line when they were drilling the ice for the goalposts, i’ve also heard water was shooting up through the ice while they were drilling for goalposts. that’s what we were told that water was coming up through the ice but colts facebook says a Glycol line got hit

AKADonovan

Apr 30, 2014
Sudbury
Really the at fault is whomever on the wolves called for Aitcheson's head - bounty or not. Clean hit, and he dropped the gloves after the hit so he already answered the bell. Wake up people, it's hockey, it is a contact sport. If you don't like it and can't handle it, go play tennis.
"Wake up people, it's hockey, it is a contact sport. If you don't like it and can't handle it, go play tennis."

So, why is Aitcheson hiding?
He should come out and play!

BuffaloSabres72

Jan 9, 2024
"Wake up people, it's hockey, it is a contact sport. If you don't like it and can't handle it, go play tennis."

So, why is Aitcheson hiding?
He should come out and play!
Branch had ordered the Colts to scratch Aitcheson. He's not hiding. He wasn't given a choice.

AKADonovan

Apr 30, 2014
Sudbury
Branch had ordered the Colts to scratch Aitcheson. He's not hiding. He wasn't given a choice.
If what you say is true, and I'd want to see that in writing, then the league is an even bigger joke than I already thought it was and there never really was any investigation.
Decision was already made, and announcement delayed for as long as possible to inflict maximum hurt on the "offending" team with the playoffs looming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad