Barrie Colts 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part One)

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
not always. they have options. They can dress 11/7. They can have a defenseman play forward. Sometimes when the injury bug really hits they dress 10 fowards.

Take the Greyhounds. They are contending, and are rostering 14F, 7D, 2G. They have one affiliate signed - a defenseman. They are hoping to take this roster deep into the playoffs - possibly playing twice as many games as Barrie has left. This is pretty typical.

Reactions: dirty12

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Sirizzotti is a not good player on a not good team. I'm not sure you want Moses in the top 6 full time yet. Sirizzotti would be useful if he reports. He can shelter some of the youth to get them some better matchups and assist their development. He is capable of playing top 6 and not looking out of place.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Sirizzotti is a not good player on a not good team. I'm not sure you want Moses in the top 6 full time yet. Sirizzotti would be useful if he reports. He can shelter some of the youth to get them some better matchups and assist their development. He is capable of playing top 6 and not looking out of place.

From what I’ve seen and believe;
York-Jelsma-Patterson
Lowe/Grisolia/Stewart-Beaudoin-Jodoin
Grisolia/Stewart/Wigle-Moses
Newton

Sirrizotti is irrelavent, unless 4th line helps Newton

Reactions: OHLColtsPuck

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
Why did N. Newton leave the team? I liked his game in the limited viewings I had, this is too bad.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I'd be rethinking those options to play with Beaudoin on line 2 if I had Sirizzotti report. If Barrie thought the way you did, they would not have taken Sirizzotti back in the trade. But anyway, it's likely a moot point if he doesn't report.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I'd be rethinking those options to play with Beaudoin on line 2 if I had Sirizzotti report. If Barrie thought the way you did, they would not have taken Sirizzotti back in the trade. But anyway, it's likely a moot point if he doesn't report.

Jodoin can flat out fly with possession and has no reservations of playing along the boards despite his size.
If you can give, pick, and go with power or speed in a cycle; you can play for Williamson. If you can do that and anticipate where the puck will or should go next, you can play on a scoring line. Right now at least, Patterson and Jodoin are top six RW

mag1600

Jun 15, 2012
Why hasn't Sirizzotti reported to Barrie after being traded by the Soo Greyhounds?

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
something must be going on behind the scenes- at least appears that way from a outsider. Newton leaving and Sirizzotti not showing up.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
something must be going on behind the scenes- at least appears that way from a outsider. Newton leaving and Sirizzotti not showing up.

Marty is claiming Soo traded him knowing he wouldn’t report. Pretty wild.

Sirizzotti wasn’t playing like he was about to quit the Soo after the deadline so unsure how they could have known about it this. In fact there was never a single inclination amongst people I’ve spoke to that he was planning on quitting.

It’s possible that after the trade he just refused to report and/or even answer Barrie’s phone calls.

See what happens lol

IMG_2803.jpeg

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
gee... I've only known Marty Williamson to be an entirely honest man of integrity and good judgement... /sarcasm

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
gee... I've only known Marty Williamson to be an entirely honest man of integrity and good judgement... /sarcasm

Williamson was not the one with knowledge of Sirrizotti going to school rather than report to the team that acquired his rights.
That was Raftis.
Maybe the GM will be fined and Soo will forfeit a 1st pick :)

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Williamson was not the one with knowledge of Sirrizotti going to school rather than report to the team that acquired his rights.
That was Raftis.

Thats if you take Williamsons account as gospel, which no offense meant to anyone other than Marty, I don't.

MW is raw a player has refused to report and is going to try and squeeze some compensatory picks out of the deal.

If the league finds any wrongdoing I'll accept the findings, but i'm not taking that weasels word for it.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Thats if you take Williamsons account as gospel, which no offense meant to anyone other than Marty, I don't.

MW is raw a player has refused to report and is going to try and squeeze some compensatory picks out of the deal.

If the league finds any wrongdoing I'll accept the findings, but i'm not taking that weasels word for it.

Some harsh words about a guy on the wrong end of what sounds like some shady dealing.
I am now hoping Raftis is proven guilty of wrong doing and the hounds get punished harshly.

WorkHardEveryShift

Aug 23, 2021
Hopefully they have a quick investigation. Not sure they will. But if it's quick and they find wrongdoing they should reverse the trade

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Some harsh words about a guy on the wrong end of what sounds like some shady dealing.
I am now hoping Raftis is proven guilty of wrong doing and the hounds get punished harshly.

Of course you are. If there is one thing clear in ALL your posts it’s you have a weird personal hatred for Kyle Raftis. Many notice it.

Hopefully they have a quick investigation. Not sure they will. But if it's quick and they find wrongdoing they should reverse the trade

Why is it automatically assumed the Soo is shady here?

What if it’s untrue and Marty is making BASELESS claims because he didn’t do his own due diligence?

Do we get a consolation pick for slander or?

Last edited:
Reactions: SSMHoundsFan

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Of course you are. If there is one thing clear in ALL your posts it’s you have a weird personal hatred for Kyle Raftis. Many notice it.

Why is it automatically assumed the Soo is shady here?

What if it’s untrue and Marty is making BASELESS claims because he didn’t do his own due diligence?

Do we get a consolation pick for slander or?

You must be ignorantly mistaking my want to call out a couple of hounds’ super fanboys for a dislike of Raftis. Until a couple of derogatory remarks aimed at a GM at odds with how a player transaction was handled, I have not hinted at any thing negative about Raftis.

I am not suggesting DWI is one of the fanboys

Reactions: HF92

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
You must be ignorantly mistaking my want to call out a couple of hounds’ super fanboys for a dislike of Raftis. Until a couple of derogatory remarks aimed at a GM at odds with how a player transaction was handled, I have not hinted at any thing negative about Raftis.

what remarks? Did a Soo fan I have ignored comment?

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad