Barrie Colts 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part One)

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
Last night was an example of the lack of depth. Defensibly not good. Without Jelsma not much going on. I think it's 2-3 years before this team will challenge
There not trying to be a good team this year of course their teams depth isn’t gonna be good lol. You gotta realize a lot of the 06/07 players on this team will be better next year as they get older.

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
I think the colts will be alright next season, and among the top contenders for the following two seasons.

I agree they will be decent next season (especially if Nygard comes over) and very good the season after (assuming we get Beaudoin back for both seasons).
Trade04/05 Jelsma Nygard
York Beaudoin Patterson
Stewart 1st rounder Moses
Newton Grisolia/Morey Derbidge
Lowe 2nd rounder Dubowsky/Harmon

Aitcheson Akey
Brauti Trade04/05
Tiller Import?/ Passmore
Scott/Handsor 2nd rounder

Hillebrandt
Hrebik

Here's my take on next season I agree with most of your set up:
York (OA)-Jelsma (OA)-Nygard
Moses-Beaudoin-Patterson
Stewart-Grisolia-Derbidge/ (Insert first rounder here). Could also plug in Wigle/Jodoin (OA)
Lowe-Morey-Newton
Dubowsky / (insert 2nd rounder here)

Aitch/Akey
Brauti/Trade hopefully - REALLY wish we didn't give up Savard in the Sale deal...
Passmore/Tiller/Scott
Handsor/Smith

I wonder if Jodoin will stick around, he hasn't had the best season, one of the worst minuses on the team. He has the talent to be explosive but just never really put it all together. Wigle is a workhorse PK/3rd line checker. He could be upgraded. I think Moses and Beaudoin could be beast mode down low next season with Patterson finding soft ice up top for playmaking.

Hopefully the first/second rounders will be decent players.

Team should be really good in two years but will need some better overagers. Morey/Grisolia/Derbidge/Blair are not going to be top end O/A's and it's unlikely Akey back for O/A so HIllebrandt (assuming he is back) will be the only decent one.

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
First round Matchup with the Shwa is going to be tough! Boys better be ready to take a bit of a beating physically! I assume that If they can work through it, defend well and get some timely goaltending, they could squeak a game out but if they get dominated Physically (my guess is this will be the case) it'll be a quick and eye opening series. Good Luck Colts & regardless of the outcome, thanks for the season!

1711384383063.png

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I agree they will be decent next season (especially if Nygard comes over) and very good the season after (assuming we get Beaudoin back for both seasons).

Here's my take on next season I agree with most of your set up:
York (OA)-Jelsma (OA)-Nygard
Moses-Beaudoin-Patterson
Stewart-Grisolia-Derbidge/ (Insert first rounder here). Could also plug in Wigle/Jodoin (OA)
Lowe-Morey-Newton
Dubowsky / (insert 2nd rounder here)

Aitch/Akey
Brauti/Trade hopefully - REALLY wish we didn't give up Savard in the Sale deal...
Passmore/Tiller/Scott
Handsor/Smith

I wonder if Jodoin will stick around, he hasn't had the best season, one of the worst minuses on the team. He has the talent to be explosive but just never really put it all together. Wigle is a workhorse PK/3rd line checker. He could be upgraded. I think Moses and Beaudoin could be beast mode down low next season with Patterson finding soft ice up top for playmaking.

Hopefully the first/second rounders will be decent players.

Team should be really good in two years but will need some better overagers. Morey/Grisolia/Derbidge/Blair are not going to be top end O/A's and it's unlikely Akey back for O/A so HIllebrandt (assuming he is back) will be the only decent one.
I expect Hillebrandt and Tiller to be OAs, and lean towards Grisolia as I think there is some greasy scoring ability in him that could surface by the end of next season.

Reactions: OHLColtsPuck

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
They’ll more than likely have to trade for 1 OA next year and the year after. My 2 ideal options for the 3rd OA next year would be on forward getting Allard from the SOO think they’ll sell next year and try to build around Martin the year after. Or on D trying to get McCoy on Sudbury. They have 7-8 04’s on their squad this year so McCoy would be available and he’s a solid right handed top 4 D man. Wonder who the colts take in the 5 spot in the draft. I know Barrie has a few kids McLean and Aminovski that could be options or Parker Vaughan from London

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
They’ll more than likely have to trade for 1 OA next year and the year after. My 2 ideal options for the 3rd OA next year would be on forward getting Allard from the SOO think they’ll sell next year and try to build around Martin the year after. Or on D trying to get McCoy on Sudbury. They have 7-8 04’s on their squad this year so McCoy would be available and he’s a solid right handed top 4 D man. Wonder who the colts take in the 5 spot in the draft. I know Barrie has a few kids McLean and Aminovski that could be options or Parker Vaughan from London
Would be nice to see some homegrown talent wear the Colts Jersey in the O. Hawery and Amidovski played their entire youth hockey with the Colts. Amidovski has more size and is more of a goal scorer but Hawrey has high IQ. Hawrey is playing in his second OHL Cup right now. I know McLean is ranked higher though and there are some other great players to choose from so who knows. Tough call but the Colts are definitely going to get a good player with their 1st pick and Flint's 2nd will be good as well.

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
Yeah Colts have picks 5 27 and 28 so sure get some good talent will all 3 picks

With what I’ve seen McLean definitely is the real deal unbelievable hockey sense would be great if he was still there at 5. Has a little Marner or perfetti to his game.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Hell of a victory for this young club. See if they can do anything more would be nice to see a game 6 in Barrie. Good experience either way for the young guys.
You think they can win 4 against oshawa? As a gens fan, that was a tough loss. I think the gens will be a lot better Sunday, but barrie looked good tonight.

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
You think they can win 4 against oshawa?
I think he was hopeful to win 2 and see game 6 in Barrie. Yes going to have to pretty much play perfectly to have any chance at another w in this series. Regardless, to pull out game 1 on the road after the colts dreadful road record this season was a big surprise to me.

Congratulations colts on a big win. Rest up and focus up because the Gens are going to come out flying tomorrow night!

Reactions: CTrain10

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
Tomorrow night could either be a Hillebrandt 50 save gem or the gens come out and beat the colts 7-1. At least a win on the road gives u a chance to play meaningful playoff games at home. No I don’t think there’s any shot that they can win the series lol
You think they can win 4 against oshawa? As a gens fan, that was a tough loss. I think the gens will be a lot better Sunday, but barrie looked good tonight.

Reactions: CTrain10

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
It’s hilarious watching Oshawa players hitting Barrie guys into their own goalie and then being mad thinking it should be a pentaly lmao

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
Great seeing the push back from Barrie so far through 2. Let's hope for a bounce or two in the third

PuckLucker

Feb 18, 2024
What a goal by the Colts to tie things up 5-5 in regulation with a 6 on 4 advantage.
Less than 9 seconds left o_O

Reactions: nelli27

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
Ohl doenst want a 8 seed to beat a 1 seed what a joke. Did they have Hellen Keller review the play? Great game by Barrie either way but the ohl may have just decided the series on their own

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
So the review booth does have the audio from broadcast so I guess what they reviewed was when the referees intent was to blow the whistle is my only guess

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
Hard to say he was intending to do something when he actually did it. I could see them saying it was no goal if there wasn’t a whistle cause u could use the intent rule but he clearly blew the whistle after the puck was already in. Looks fishy regardless and great way to f*** a team over tho

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00