Barrie Colts 2022-23 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
Who will be the goalies?
Really good question. Colts will need to trade and bring in a starter. NB has a surplus of young goalies maybe making Dom trade bait ??? I really don't know as both West and Thornton are O/A's and I'm pretty sure the latter will start his pro career as he is signed and I really don't see West using up an O/A spot.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Really good question. Colts will need to trade and bring in a starter. NB has a surplus of young goalies maybe making Dom trade bait ??? I really don't know as both West and Thornton are O/A's and I'm pretty sure the latter will start his pro career as he is signed and I really don't see West using up an O/A spot.
I don’t think there will be a shortage of goalies this year. Goalies of every age could be available prior to the season starting for a change.

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
Curious who other Colts fans think will be there OA's if all eligible OA's return ??
Colts will definitely have some tough decisions to make, especially on D. I think West will stick around as a 4th O/A, at least to start the season.

Decisions become slightly easier of Cholach and Haché make the A but our D will be considerably weaker without at least one of those two coming back.

I definitely see Punnett & Frasca as two of the O/A's, Frasca has been here his whole career, he's good on the draws and works his tail off every game. Punnett has been a warrior for the colts the past few seasons and he improved offensively last season. Either of these two will be considered for Captain.

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
Sale-Frasca-Jelsma
Beaudoin-Patterson-Wigle
Jodoin-Grisolia-Matthews
Lowe-Pickell-Stewart
York
Meier
Moses
Newton

Punnett-Akey
Tiller-Aitcheson
Savard-Passmore

Thornton
Hillebrandt

Gotta move some bodies out

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Sale-Frasca-Jelsma
Beaudoin-Patterson-Wigle
Jodoin-Grisolia-Matthews
Lowe-Pickell-Stewart
York
Meier
Moses
Newton

Punnett-Akey
Tiller-Aitcheson
Savard-Passmore

Thornton
Hillebrandt

Gotta move some bodies out
The Colts have a lot of forwards, you can probably add Forlin and Quick to your list.

Reactions: Devin

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
can you only have 15 or something?
No. I think 15 born 2005-06 out of 22-23 rostered players and (30 total cards? available per season) is a lot, and a sign Barrie might be going for it next season, and a quick re-tool.

Reactions: frontsfan67

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
No. I think 15 out of 22-23 rostered players and (30 total cards?) is a lot, and a sign Barrie might be going for it next season, and a quick re-tool.
I think they are going to go in with what they have this year (maybe shed off a player here and there because by my count they are at 21?) and hope Seattle drafts Nygaard to send to barrie for a run next year. BAR has good relationship with Seattle as new player's dad is minority owner

the dog

May 16, 2014
Is overages defenseman Josh cavanagh and connor Punnett going to on final roster?

From Up Top

Apr 30, 2010
I would say Punnett is more likely then Kavanagh.... Thornton and Frasca will likely end up being the other two OA's.

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
Cholach off to the USHL to open up space for Sale and Meier and lessen the OA issue.

Good Luck in Sioux Falls Artur and thank you for your efforts in Colts country.

Reactions: MeafAttack
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad