Barrie Colts 2022-23 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkHardEveryShift

Aug 23, 2021
Colts and much of the OHL honestly don't draw regular season numbers usually till later in the playoffs. Less groups, no school night games. This is honestly the highest I've seen it outside of 2010 playoffs. Saying that, there isn't much left for tonight. Should be close to a 4000+ crowd.
It was 3200 again. 1000 empty seats. OK the Leafs were playing. But this could have been the last time you see the Colts this year

And they want to expand the arena? Why bother

Reactions: I Loveallsports

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
Good effort by Barrie, 2 stupid penalties in the third , one by Frasca, and the other by Beaudoin turned the tide immediately
But thast can be the difference in a game

Reactions: Samee987

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
Really? Over a clean hit. This is hockey after all. Keep your head up they teach that from day one. Unfortunate result. Vierling is a great player but to call that a bad hit would be atrociously wrong.
the shoulder clipped vierling's chin sending him into concussion protocol - know this from insides with the team.

that's contact to the head that went undetected from the lack of camera angles & close up views.

if veilring is in the series then you lose - simple is that.

Gavin White? There aren't many less physical dmen in the league. Great skater, but I have never seen him throw a big hit.
I don't know the Petes team that way, for some reason getting him mixed up with other bulldog D from last year maybe kamerrer ik they had some solid ones

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
the shoulder clipped vierling's chin sending him into concussion protocol - know this from insides with the team.

that's contact to the head that went undetected from the lack of camera angles & close up views.

You could suggest that there is a grey area and it could have been called blindsiding; but head shot, no.
I don't know the Petes team that way, for some reason getting him mixed up with other bulldog D from last year maybe kamerrer ik they had some solid ones

Reactions: 190 is almost 206

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
You could suggest that there is a grey area and it could have been called blindsiding; but head shot, no.
head shot or not dirty - the result is what happens and either way ur gonna have to answer the bell

go Petes

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016

head shot or not dirty - the result is what happens and either way ur gonna have to answer the bell

go Petes
Answering the bell on a clean his is exactly what everyone’s been complaining about in hockey the last couple of years. Nonsense

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
so that's Stewart and now Patterson.

could have both been top 10-15 picks in 06' draft (especially Patterson).

add that to Beaudoin, and complimentary 2nd round picks in Lowe and ellinas looking like BAR is choosing to focus on their 06' group for next run.

wish now Akey was a year younger, will be graduated by the time these players are prime, but still be there when they should still be really good.

Reactions: dirty12 and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017

add that to Beaudoin, and complimentary 2nd round picks in Lowe and ellinas looking like BAR is choosing to focus on their 06' group for next run.

wish now Akey was a year younger, will be graduated by the time these players are prime, but still be there when they should still be really good.
Maybe they sell Akey?

Reactions: Roadhog

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Forlin and Newton are likely ohl players too. Forlin was ranked 14-35 for the 2022 draft everywhere.

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
I think the Colts have proven that they won't be an all in or tanking team. They want to be competitive every season and will balance that with being selective at the trade deadlines.

There is a lot of work to be done to sort out what to do with all of the03s. Hopefully they can find a home for everyone.

Jul 6, 2008
GTA
NB announced their home opener will be against the Colts on Sept 29th. Hoping for full schedule(s) soon!
homeopener.jpg

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
Looks like you guys are getting our #1 pick Sale. What kind of team will he have around him next year?

Would have probably been in OHL finals if he came last year. Colts are a younger team this year.

Lets put it this way - if he's around for 2 years then his 2nd year being here colts will be dangerous. which, based on the people in the org I've talked to sale should be here 2 years.

although me personally id be a little doubtful seeing mesar only here for 1 year.

Reactions: superdeluxe

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
We won't know officially if Sale is coming down until after NHL camps are done. Seattle could still assign him to the A if they feel he's ready. That's why he didn't come over last season. The NHL/CHL player transfer agreement needs to be more flexible in that matter.

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
Some Congratulations are in order.

Congratulations to Cole Beaudoin on making the Ivan Hlinka team Canada roster!

Congratulations To Beau Akey on getting drafed to Edmonton!

Congratulations to Evan Vierling on his AHL contract in Wilkes-Barre!

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf

Great news for the Colts. I suspect Sale will be here after Seattle's main camp. Pieces starting to fall into place.

Curious who other Colts fans think will be there OA's if all eligible OA's return ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad