Series Talk: Barracuda PDSF vs Stockton Heat (best of 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
Holy crap what a finish! Glad to see SJ advance; hopefully this is the start of a deep run.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
I havent watched many AHL games but it almost looks like international ice out there... not much grind it out. Is it the play style, size of the players, ?

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Wait, is that really a thing?

Yeah. PDB made comments to that effect in his end of season presser and had been saying he wanted Tierney to take that next step all season. Honestly though, his competition was Tomas Hertl, Logan Couture and Joe Thornton. Like okay, let's be a little realistic with our expectations. They keep harping on a 4 line identity - but Tierney stepped up every time he was put in that 3c role. I don't think Tierney is the problem on that forth line. Every time they give him decent support, he excels.

Carpenter doesn't have to play center.
Tierney isn't the worst forward on the team.
So, the goals of keeping Tierney and playing Carpenter are not mutually exclusive. But who knows.

Comments have definitely been made regarding Tierney needing to find another level though.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Wait, is that really a thing?

Yeah based on DeBoer's comments there is some degree of disappointment in Tierney this year. I don't think Tierney's competition is Hertl, Couture, and Thornton. Tierney isn't going after the top two center spots here. The team would have preferred Tierney to fill that 3C role over Hertl so that they could put him back on the top two lines and make it easier for them. That didn't happen and he had multiple opportunities to own it. He will be 23 next season so there is still some room to grow and there should be some more opportunities given to Tierney to take it but they should be open to moving him if it makes sense depending on what happens this off-season.

Satastic

Nazi punks **** off
Sep 12, 2014
Riverbank, CA
Wish I caught a game while they were playing the Heat since I live so close to Stockton, but oh well. Hope to see them go deep in the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad