Series Talk: Barracuda PDSF vs Stockton Heat (best of 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Game 1: 4/21 7p home
Game 2: 4/23 3p home
Game 3: 4/28 7p away
*Game 4: 4/30 4p away
*Game 5: 5/2 7p home

Barracuda announce $1 hot dogs, $2 beers for game 1.

With NHL Flames out of playoffs, they have re-assigned G Gillies to AHL Stockton. They've also added Flames draftee G Tyler Parsons on ATO to roster.

Sharks have assigned Labanc to Cuda in advance of AHL playoffs.

From Stockton preview:
2016-17 Record vs. San Jose Overall: 5-5-2-0
Home: 3-3-0-0
Away: 2-2-2-0

Last edited:

osgoodshlatters

Apr 30, 2007
San Jose
In case any of you sharks season ticket holders missed the email. They were giving away first round tickets to all games or at least they did for me.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Might pick up one of these games.

Anyone will extensive AHL knowledge, how do you like the Barracudas chances this year?

A lot. They're really good. They have the best goalie in the league, one of the best defense pairings in the league, the rookie of the year, and a solid group of vets. It should be telling that no matter who they lost, be it Meier, Goldobin, Labanc, Sorensen, etc. they still did well. If they get Meier and Sorensen back, look out.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
A lot. They're really good. They have the best goalie in the league, one of the best defense pairings in the league, the rookie of the year, and a solid group of vets. It should be telling that no matter who they lost, be it Meier, Goldobin, Labanc, Sorensen, etc. they still did well. If they get Meier and Sorensen back, look out.

Lets hope not for those last 2. Because i have a feeling those 2 will be up until the end of the sharks playoffs. And if either gets sent down it means the sharks season is done.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Lets hope not for those last 2. Because i have a feeling those 2 will be up until the end of the sharks playoffs. And if either gets sent down it means the sharks season is done.

I mean that's kinda exactly what I was implying.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
I believe Winning championships at the AHL level bodes well for breeding a championship mentality from the bottom up. Not to say winning a Calder trophy is comparable to going and winning a stanley cup, but it does help.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
How is the quality with AHL live? Anyone watch games using this? Thinking about watching the Cuda game tonight, was wondering if it's worth it. Is there play-by-play or is it just cameras watching the game with sounds from inside the arena?

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
How is the quality with AHL live? Anyone watch games using this? Thinking about watching the Cuda game tonight, was wondering if it's worth it. Is there play-by-play or is it just cameras watching the game with sounds from inside the arena?

From what i understand its the radio feed + in arena feed synced up if the game is not on TV.

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
Heed with a laser beam of a wrist shot in the first. Don't know why or how he didn't get more looks with the big boys, especially when we were sucking bad.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
Nobody seems to care about this series. Sounds like it was a solid 4-0 win last night. Solid attendance too with 6000+. I assume if the Sharks lose tonight, the Cuda will get more attention.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Barracuda should also get Sorenson, Meier back as well if the Sharks bow out.

(Meier scratched tonight, so could play Sunday. But Sorenson would probably not.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad