Injury Report: Barkov 12/28/16 (back injury), missed game 3/30/17 related?

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
barky along with ekblad, lou, reimer should all sit out the rest of this Godforsaken season. barky and ekblad need to be much more aware of their surroundings and not relax after a pass. ekblad especially needs to learn how to use the boards to absorb a hit and not turn back into a hit to try and escape it. he also shouldn't be backing into the offensive zone with the puck as this can cause disaster. barky needs to be more physical as well and stick up for himself instead of just skating away from big hits nonchalantly. he needs to be physical on his forecheck which i never see him do. he skates back into the offensive zone towards a puck handling, or puck retrieving defenseman and never touches him. i know he's a skill player, but unless he gets some bite to his game players will have absolutely no qualms about going after him. i think huby is an example. he has toughened up his game and is more respected around the league and get's hit a bit less. even if barky just does a jokinen and slashes players after an unneeded hit i think it will help and give the refs a reason to watch the hits barky takes. also play some prospects, cut tros minutes and get kindl off the ice!

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Don't think it's a back injury

Honestly, it looked like he got his bell rattled at the end of the 1st period in BUF, or maybe TOR, but when he came back out for the 2nd period I dismissed it.

I hope I am wrong. Would be very Panthers for the way this season went.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Honestly, it looked like he got his bell rattled at the end of the 1st period in BUF, or maybe TOR, but when he came back out for the 2nd period I dismissed it.

I hope I am wrong. Would be very Panthers for the way this season went.

Kadri hit around boards near blue line. Would bet on it. Kadri targets guys like Abdelkader does. Don't like it. Shoulder/head/back

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Kadri hit around boards near blue line. Would bet on it. Kadri targets guys like Abdelkader does. Don't like it. Shoulder/head/back

No one else mentioned it in the GDT or here, I thought maybe the season had just made me expect the worst, but hopefully for his sake its not.

Anyone have a GIF of that hit, give me your opinion.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Could be head, neck, chest, or shoulder. He's been getting rocked lately. He needs to be a little more aware that people are gunning for him.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
GR just said unlikely to play again this season
He's out with upper body at this point, but the big question is his back. Doesn't look like he will have any surgery on his back, which likely means that he may be subject to periods like this past season where possibly the back was the reason for his slow start at the beginning of the year and then out for a month after the being struck by a shot by Keith Yandle. Back surgery can set you back if not done properly and the Cats and Barkov likely will not do anything and rely on the trainers to keep his back supple next season. :)

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Barkov will be fine. He's a young kid who didn't grow up playing the most physical brand of hockey. He's still getting used to being hit. People are overreacting here as usual.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I'm sure he would be playing if we were in a race.. nothing to gain from it now.. just make sure these guys get into offseason healthy so they can have a good break

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad