Confirmed with Link: Balcers signed 1 year two way deal

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Ladies and Gentlemen, Rudy Balcers

AHL
  1. 1.09 pts/game in the AHL (9th in AHL among players with 25 GP). Exactly the same as Norris and only slightly below L. Brown (1.12). Started the season with a 15 game point streak (22 points) to start the season last year.
  2. Held off the scoresheet in only 8 of his 33 games. That's more consistent scoring than any of Norris, Brown or Batherson.

NHL (past two seasons)
  • Rudy put up 1.36 pts/60. That's better than Logan Brown (1.20) or Drake Batherson (1.14)

I'm not saying he's going to be better than these other guys, but the proof is in the eating of the pudding folks. He deserves more love than he's getting here. Don't sleep on this guy.
Sorry about the self-quote but this is maybe worth re-posting over here.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Good fill in guy. I don't see a long NHL career from him, but he's the type of player the organization needs.

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Making either $700k or $70k is pretty damn good motivation to grab a roster spot, hope Rudy’s beein pumping iron these last ~8 months
I think he has the skill, his compete and puck management need to be better. The competition for spots is going to be intense. Anyone shows up out of shape they will be toast. D.J is a fitness guy. Bodes well for Norris. I actually think its not if you show up out of shape its if you dont show up in peak physical condition you're gonna be in trouble.

Competition breeds success, Ottawa has lots of guys. I dont think at the end of the day Balcers will be a long term solution but i'll be pleasantly suprised if he proves me wrong. It will mean he has played very well and earned it. I think him and Formenton are directly competing for a job. Same with Norris and L. Brown. Those two are the most interesting battles going into camp for me.

Reactions: GCK

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I think he has the skill, his compete and puck management need to be better. The competition for spots is going to be intense. Anyone shows up out of shape they will be toast. D.J is a fitness guy. Bodes well for Norris. I actually think its not if you show up out of shape its if you dont show up in peak physical condition you're gonna be in trouble.

Competition breeds success, Ottawa has lots of guys. I dont think at the end of the day Balcers will be a long term solution but i'll be pleasantly suprised if he proves me wrong. It will mean he has played very well and earned it. I think him and Formenton are directly competing for a job. Same with Norris and L. Brown. Those two are the most interesting battles going into camp for me.

I agree with this. Something Ive posted before is these young guys will sort this out for us. Some will tahe advantage of this time off and show up in peak condition and some won't

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad