Confirmed with Link: Balcers signed 1 year two way deal

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Senators sign forward Rudolfs Balcers to a one-year, two-way contract

Rudolfs Balcers has signed a one-year, two-way contract with the Ottawa Senators.

The deal is worth $735,000 in the NHL and $70,000 in the AHL. "Despite a discouraging injury at the start to the year, Rudolfs battled back to become an important contributor to Belleville's success last season," Senators GM Pierre Dorion said. "He's a dynamic player with a great release, who's quick and who has good skill. We're confident that he'll set out to prove that he's overcome last year's setback to be a full-time player in Ottawa." Balcers earned 16 goals and 36 points in 33 matches at the AHL level last year. He also had one goal and two assists in 15 contests with Ottawa during the 2019-20 campaign

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Good deal balcers should be a good middle 6 forward on a contender in a couple of years regardless who he plays for

Reactions: NB613

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Nice. Hope he can earn a full time spot this year.

Probably would have made the team out of camp last year if it wasn't for the injury at the end of pre-season.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
Making either $700k or $70k is pretty damn good motivation to grab a roster spot, hope Rudy’s beein pumping iron these last ~8 months

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Fan of Balcers. I’ll say he scores between 16-19 goals this year as a bottom 6. Has a nice shot.I like players from Latvia

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I'm surprised it's a 2 way. We used to hand out one ways to guys who haven't really sniffed the NHL whereas I don't see how this guy isn't in the NHL full time this year.

Reactions: OD99

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Goodness are we ever loaded with prospects or what.

The biggest challenge moving forward for Dorion is making the right choice as to who to keep, who to demote, who to trade and who to give a good long look in the NHL.

We should start getting accustomed to the idea some of our future prospects are going to find success with another team.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

The biggest challenge moving forward for Dorion is making the right choice as to who to keep, who to demote, who to trade and who to give a good long look in the NHL.

We should start getting accustomed to the idea some of our future prospects are going to find success with another team.

We can't possibly integrate everyone into the team.

That being said, there appear to be a lot of spots available in our opening day line-up which means there should be gaps in Belleville to fill.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
I want him to try the Daugavins in a shootout.

Just because he's also from Latvia doesn't mean he HAS to do it :sarcasm:

Dorion's quote is a little ambiguous about where he sees him playing this year:

“He’s a dynamic player with a great release, who’s quick and who has good skill. We’re confident that he’ll set out to prove that he’s overcome last year’s setback to be a full-time player in Ottawa.”

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Just because he's also from Latvia doesn't mean he HAS to do it :sarcasm:

Dorion's quote is a little ambiguous about where he sees him playing this year:

“He’s a dynamic player with a great release, who’s quick and who has good skill. We’re confident that he’ll set out to prove that he’s overcome last year’s setback to be a full-time player in Ottawa.”

We might see guys that aren't necessarily more talented but are older make the Senators over younger guys who can eat up all the time on Belleville.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007

So true, which as great as a problem it is to have, it's almost poor assett management too as its not like those guys are going to hold much value around the league at this point in their young careers. Reminds me of the old Sens losing Demitra and Straka

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Rudy is a good role player that can put up points but when are we going to hear about Connor Brown? Dorion better step up and pay the man. I don't want to hear about a 1 year contract worth 3.2 million. He's worth a multi year deal and we need him for the next few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad