Confirmed with Link: Balcers claimed by SJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Yup. They had 60 pages worth of discussion on Gudbranson, another 35 on J. Brown, who knows how many on Stepan at this point.

This board is f***ing obsessed with marginal role players who come and go from the roster every year. Other teams’ fans talk about their star players, not here though. Let’s bemoan the loss of the 12th rated prospect we had - as voted by the very same people now lamenting his departure.

Unreal detachment from reality.
Maybe if we had some star players (besides Stützle who we talk about all the time), we could talk about them. Now we mostly just get to talk about what we traded our former star players for, which low and behold is the topic of this thread! Wow!

Reactions: Sun God Nika

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Maybe if we had some star players (besides Stützle who we talk about all the time), we could talk about them. Now we mostly just get to talk about what we traded our former star players for, which low and behold is the topic of this thread! Wow!
The negativity has made this place so rancid that even Chabot and Tkachuk aren't considered star players anymore and merit less discussion than the Balcers of the world. How f***ing droll.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
The negativity has made this place so rancid that even Chabot and Tkachuk aren't considered star players anymore and merit less discussion than the Balcers of the world. How f***ing droll.
They are our star players but they are not stars on a league wide scale. That's the reality. That's why we're the worst team in the NHL. Unfortunately, results matter.

Reactions: DueDiligence

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
They are our star players but they are not stars on a league wide scale. That's the reality. That's why we're the worst team in the NHL. Unfortunately, results matter.
What a bizarre definition. Even still, Chabot, who's projected to make Team Canada's Olympic roster, isn't a star on a league wide scale? The Tkachuks aren't household names? I don't even know what to say. Are you intentionally ignoring the attention they get?

Anyway, keep focusing on all the negatives. Balcers really deserves this many pages of discussion.

Tell me, where's the Chabot player discussion thread on the Sens forum again? Oh it's buried ten pages deep and hasn't been posted in for 3 weeks? But every f***ing scrub that has ever laced up for this team has a 20+ page thread on the first 2 pages? Remarkable coincidence.

inb4 "wHy dOn'T u PoSt iN ThE cHAbOt tHrEaD?"

Reactions: Imnotagoodposter

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
20 pages on an absolutle nobody of a prospect getting put on waivers.

Only on Hfboards senators.

It's a strange tendency that people skip over reading (and/or comprehending) what is actually being said (not the above) to make it about a subject that very few people are actually talking about.

Perhaps its reading comprehension problems, or an issue with people thinking (expecting) somehow that all (or the vast majority) of posts about a last place team should be all positive. That's the bizarre part.

Last edited:

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
I haven't read this entire thread, but people are complaining about the negative tone of this forum in the last two pages.

2017-18 - 30th
2018-19 - 31st
2019-20 - 30th
2020-21 - 31st

That's it. That's why the forum has been mostly negative. It's a fan forum for what has easily been the worst team in the NHL over a 4-year stretch. And not just that, but a team that might have the worst owner in North American professional sports.

I've been reading this forum for almost 20 years. When the team was great, the forum was overwhelmingly positive. When the team was mediocre, the forum was generally tepid. And now that the team is a flaming dumpster fire the forum is very negative.

If things were sunshine and rainbows here, the community would be divorced from reality. Posters are posting about the games, which more frequently than games for any other team end up in losses. And they're posting about the transactions, which have been mostly bad for a half decade - they have, after all, produced the worst team in the NHL.

I actually think its a testament to the quality of the people here that the forum remains as active as it has despite a very bleak situation,.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
What a bizarre definition. Even still, Chabot, who's projected to make Team Canada's Olympic roster, isn't a star on a league wide scale? The Tkachuks aren't household names? I don't even know what to say. Are you intentionally ignoring the attention they get?

Anyway, keep focusing on all the negatives. Balcers really deserves this many pages of discussion.

Tell me, where's the Chabot player discussion thread on the Sens forum again? Oh it's buried ten pages deep and hasn't been posted in for 3 weeks? But every f***ing scrub that has ever laced up for this team has a 20+ page thread on the first 2 pages? Remarkable coincidence.

You can find the Sens players on this pinned thread
Player Discussion - 2021 Ottawa Senators - PLAYER DISCUSSION LINKS

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
It's a fan forum for what has easily been the worst team in the NHL over a 4-year stretch.

Detroit almost certainly has us beat in this. Otherwise, I pretty much uniformly agree with you. People expecting boundless positivity or for decisions made by a bad owner and (at best) controversial front office to not be met with criticism and doubt should just go read Bruce Garrioch's twitter instead.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

List the positive discussion points we should be having

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Detroit almost certainly has us beat in this. Otherwise, I pretty much uniformly agree with you. People expecting boundless positivity or for decisions made by a bad owner and (at best) controversial front office to not be met with criticism and doubt should just go read Bruce Garrioch's twitter instead.

It's a pretty tight race...

DET: 251 GP, 83 W, 138 L, 30 OT, 196 PTS
OTT: 251 GP, 85 W, 136 L, 30 OT, 198 PTS

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
There’s like 3 points separating them since the start of 2017, and Detroit had 23 less points last year alone.

Detroit had the worst year for sure, not counting this one.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It's a pretty tight race...

DET: 251 GP, 83 W, 138 L, 30 OT, 196 PTS
OTT: 251 GP, 85 W, 136 L, 30 OT, 198 PTS
Goal differential of -198 to -231. We are clearly superior!
There’s like 3 points separating them since the start of 2017, and Detroit had 23 less points last year alone.

Detroit had the worst year for sure, not counting this one.

All this positivity is really starting to get to me... (HF editor does not recognize the word positivity...lol)

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Development of the kids, playing much better, improvement over last years team, there really aren’t a lot.

I almost forgot Colin White dick slapping Sweatred.

Reactions: JD1

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Development of the kids, playing much better, improvement over last years team, there really aren’t a lot.

I almost forgot Colin White dick slapping Sweatred.

Its a mixed bag

Tkachuk and Chabot seem to be taking a step back or at the very least not forward.

Norris has been up and down same with Batherson, but overall I'd lean towards positive with expected set backs.

Paul I'd say is a positive, as is White and Zub. Stützle too.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Its a mixed bag

Tkachuk and Chabot seem to be taking a step back or at the very least not forward.

Norris has been up and down same with Batherson, but overall I'd lean towards positive with expected set backs.

Paul I'd say is a positive, as is White and Zub. Stützle too.
Wolanin had his best game in the Jets win as well.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
According to who?

Well, San Jose fanbase for a start. He was in their top-2/3 prospect when acquired (2 years ago)

Since then, as a 21 y/o he put some very decent NHL production (0.39 PPG = 32 pts per 82 GP) at 21 y/o with poor linemates (Boedker, Tierney, Paajarvi, Ryan) and modest TOI (12:21/GP)

And at 22 y/o, despite a torn MLC in camp, he put up over PPG in the AHL with 0.5 GPG (one of the highest in the AHL)

Then there was a pandemic

If you're not at least a good prospect if you can do that then all our prospects suck except Stutzle and maybe 2-3 other guys. And if that's the case, then this rebuild is going to take at least 10 years lol

But not really sure why we're still talking about Balcers since the PROBLEM a lot of fans have has NOTHING to do with him in particular

20 pages on an absolutle nobody of a prospect getting put on waivers.

Only on Hfboards senators.

If you read, you'd notice that the conversation has basically nothing to do with him.

I'm not sure how to say that so that people will finally understand lol. I have been repeating that all thread.

I'm not accusing you but it seems there's a some people avoiding what we are telling them and decide to put their head in the sand instead. And that's always been on both sides (pro management and anti-management)

Last edited:
Reactions: Fenix Rises 2026

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Why? So you guys can call me a shill? Paid by Melnyk to make positive posts? What's the f***ing point? You guys are f***ing deathly allergic to talking about anything with any level of balance.

Anyone who posts anything even remotely counter to the groupthink on here gets shouted out.

And then some of you have the f***ing audacity to point at the team record over the last few years during a f***ing rebuild as a reason for being negative.

This place is f***ing nuts.

Reactions: swiftwin

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Why? So you guys can call me a shill? Paid by Melnyk to make positive posts? What's the f***ing point? You guys are f***ing deathly allergic to talking about anything with any level of balance.

Anyone who posts anything even remotely counter to the groupthink on here gets shouted out.

And then some of you have the f***ing audacity to point at the team record over the last few years during a f***ing rebuild as a reason for being negative.

This place is f***ing nuts.

One of us, one of us, gooble goble gooble goble.

Edit: nothing but a bunch of freaks in here.

Reactions: cudi

El Diego

Jan 2, 2009
Comforting to know that us losers who follow the team in our spare time seem to analyze the personnel moves more so than the people actually in charge.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sometimes I might start my posts off responding to a specific quote but not everything I say in my post is necessarily relevant to the post I quoted.

Your post/position was clear, my last statement with regards to Balcers was more of a general tie in to the rest of the thread and was not directed at you.

Weird, never received a notification for your reply. Anyway, I haven't read every post so maybe there was some posts complaining about losing Balcers in particular but in the pages I have read, I didn't really see that

Some of you guys had your brains broken when Balcers, Jaros and Chlapik went on waivers.

After we acquired Josh Brown for a 4th, Derek Stepan for a 2nd and had Anisimov/Paquette/Galchenyuk blocking guys like Balcers from a spot, ending up in waiving these 3 young guys, I think it was yet another realization that maybe Dorion has absolutely no idea of what he is doing outside of the draft table.

Even if Balcers/Jaros/Chlapik are marginal/decent players at best, it seems pretty clear that we would have been much better with them instead of any of Anisimov/Paquette/Galchenyuk/Stepan/Brown/Coburn. As usual, Dorion moves backfired.

There has been several instances where people ended up questionning themselves about it, so it was just another one of these times, adding up to the whole mess we have been in.

About the only take i had that's been off is the team not finishing last...but our record to this point is more related to .850 goaltending than anything else. And if we get 910 goaltending from here out, we won't have the worst record from here out.

No, No, no and no. That's a very erroneous and simplistic way to look at it. Animators on RDS/TVA (who never played the game) came up with the exact same thing plenty of times, but when it was ex coaches an ex NHL players, the takes were very different. Strange? No, not at all.

Hockey is a lot more complex than that. Hockey systems, defensive zone coverage and structure, players mobility, puck movement, physicality, breakout strategies and ability and transition, etc etc etc.

If your team suck at these things, you're going to give up a lot of goals.

Do you really think that both goalies dropping by ~0.050 in SV% all of sudden compared to last season was a "coincidence"? lol common, it was pretty damn obvious the team was broken defensively to be able to compete at the NHL level.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Weird, never received a notification for your reply. Anyway, I haven't read every post so maybe there was some posts complaining about losing Balcers in particular but in the pages I have read, I didn't really see that

After we acquired Josh Brown for a 4th, Derek Stepan for a 2nd and had Anisimov/Paquette/Galchenyuk blocking guys like Balcers from a spot, ending up in waiving these 3 young guys, I think it was yet another realization that maybe Dorion has absolutely no idea of what he is doing outside of the draft table.

Even if Balcers/Jaros/Chlapik are marginal/decent players at best, it seems pretty clear that we would have been much better with them instead of any of Anisimov/Paquette/Galchenyuk/Stepan/Brown/Coburn. As usual, Dorion moves backfired.

There has been several instances where people ended up questionning themselves about it, so it was just another one of these times, adding up to the whole mess we have been in.

No, No, no and no. That's a very erroneous and simplistic way to look at it. Animators on RDS/TVA (who never played the game) came up with the exact same thing plenty of times, but when it was ex coaches an ex NHL players, the takes were very different. Strange? No, not at all.

Hockey is a lot more complex than that. Hockey systems, defensive zone coverage and structure, players mobility, puck movement, physicality, breakout strategies and ability and transition, etc etc etc.

If your team suck at these things, you're going to give up a lot of goals.

Do you really think that both goalies dropping by ~0.050 in SV% all of sudden compared to last season was a "coincidence"? lol common, it was pretty damn obvious the team was broken defensively to be able to compete at the NHL level.

It's one of the things that makes me most excited about Sanderson coming into the lineup and is the the quality I hope translates the best to the pro level. He has elite gap control, reducing the quality of scoring chances agaibst whenever he's on the ice. When talented defencemen are on the ice you find yourself saying wow the goalies make a lot of easy saves or we spend a lot of time in the offensive zone and not in the defensive zone. When bad defencemen are on the ice you essentially have the sens games 2-11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad