Confirmed with Link: Balcers claimed by SJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Fair enough, and i agree with you that at that point money was a big factor (though at the time there was no short supply of those saying that money wasn't a factor).

There's a tendency to try and ignore everything that led up to it though, if you aren't willing to waive these fring guys on one way contracts, you probably shouldn't be getting them imo.
Absolutely, Dorion was giving a little extra money this year and he spent it extremely poorly. I have always been against firing him because, well, Melnyk but now he’s got to go.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
It's not polarizing at all. You just need to see it for what it is

I'm a veteran of 30 plus years in an office environment. There's always that guy that people try to avoid because regardless of the situation he finds a negative way to look at it. This board is full of those guys and as i have said many times in the past "y'all lucky ya found one another"

This isn't really a place to discuss hockey, it's a place to criticize all things Senators

I haven't posted in a few weeks. Maybe I've spent anhour reading tops. Somè of the opinions i read are dandies like hoping Brannstrom eventually becomes as good as DeMelo.

This is just a bizarre community and sadly it's not a place for any credible discussion on hockey

What was the expression Bobby Mac used? Ass clowns. Sounds about right
Absolutely. I think it’s super telling that Brent Wallace made an account just to thank r/Sens but didn’t come to this board to speak to the fans.
Pretty much tells you everything you need to know about the state of this forum these days.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
All that being said, I'm not sure why you are coming back with Balcers again. The post you just quoted explained that it has NOTHING to do with him in particular. Sometimes I'm not even sure what I need to do to make my posts more clear.

Sometimes I might start my posts off responding to a specific quote but not everything I say in my post is necessarily relevant to the post I quoted.

Your post/position was clear, my last statement with regards to Balcers was more of a general tie in to the rest of the thread and was not directed at you.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
lol
It’s almost as if it’s Dorion’s job to evaluate and make those decisions. “but...but...they all say they might explore...how would I ever know?”

Oh ok Pierre, well forget about it, just keep your chin up and be positive. Results, performance, and evaluating your decision making are not part of job performance review - I mean especially if agents are being tricky or difficult.
Now grab a lollipop on your way out, and have a great day.

Trading someone at the trade deadline who will not resign with your team is 100% standard procedure.
You guys are going over the top making normal seem “bad”
No team just trades guys that might not resign two years from now that is mental gymnastics to the max

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I haven't posted in a few weeks. Maybe I've spent anhour reading tops. Somè of the opinions i read are dandies like hoping Brannstrom eventually becomes as good as DeMelo.

Wonder why you didn't mention this part "Will take a little more time to come up with a verdict on Brannstrom, but he seems more like a #4 (maybe #3) guy."

Where do you place Brannstrom's upside? I guess its a #1 or #2 if you are disagreeing with the above.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Trading someone at the trade deadline who will not resign with your team is 100% standard procedure.
You guys are going over the top making normal seem “bad”
No team just trades guys that might not resign two years from now that is mental gymnastics to the max

does all the context really need to provided to you? Every time?
How did they get to a 1 year deal? What does that signal?with everything going on around the team. Etc etc etc.
Perhaps some tough conversations and decisions are necessary rather than taking the only deal possible at the last second.

That’s literally his job. That. Evaluation of possibilities & making best judgement decisions.
Leaving your best player until it’s out of your hands is poor decision making, it’s poor evaluation...and yes hindsight is 20/20, it’s called a performance review.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
does all the context really need to provided to you? Every time?
How did they get to a 1 year deal? What does that signal?with everything going on around the team. Etc etc etc.
Perhaps some tough conversations and decisions are necessary rather than taking the only deal possible at the last second.

That’s literally his job. That. Evaluation of possibilities & making best judgement decisions.
Leaving your best player until it’s out of your hands is poor decision making, it’s poor evaluation...and yes hindsight is 20/20, it’s called a performance review.

Sure are you or any team going to recive back an equal value player trading mark stone in a year he becomes a UFA?
The answer to that is no,
is it better for Brady to play with mark Stone while he is learning to NHL or to play by himself?
The answer to that is Stone
With most teams at the cap is there a good chance you can get the biggest return at the deadline when most teams can fit him under the cap?
I guess you would have to ask around and see, something the sens probably did.

So while your made up early trade is nothing more than made up outrage it does not really fit reality

“Here is one of the highest ranked blue chip prospects on the planet for your UFA”
That right there is a win

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I don't get the outrage over placing Balcers on waivers, for all the time he has been gone he's only played about 3 games with SJ & has 1 assist. He's a dime a dozen player who could not crack the worse team in the NHL or even make their taxi squad. He'll probably be playing in Europe next season.

Reactions: Yak

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
I don't get the outrage over placing Balcers on waivers, for all the time he has been gone he's only played about 3 games with SJ & has 1 assist. He's a dime a dozen player who could not crack the worse team in the NHL or even make their taxi squad. He'll probably be playing in Europe next season.

It's not the fact we lost him that bothers people. I don't think anyone thought of him as a core player or an invaluable talent. It's the fact that we lost a prospect with some potential value for nothing, due to incompetent decision making by our GM. Just another example of poor asset management that's frustrating to see.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
It's not the fact we lost him that bothers people. I don't think anyone thought of him as a core player or an invaluable talent. It's the fact that we lost a prospect with some potential value for nothing, due to incompetent decision making by our GM. Just another example of poor asset management that's frustrating to see.
According to who?

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
It's not polarizing at all. You just need to see it for what it is

I'm a veteran of 30 plus years in an office environment. There's always that guy that people try to avoid because regardless of the situation he finds a negative way to look at it. This board is full of those guys and as i have said many times in the past "y'all lucky ya found one another"

This isn't really a place to discuss hockey, it's a place to criticize all things Senators

This is just a bizarre community and sadly it's not a place for any credible discussion on hockey

What was the expression Bobby Mac used? Ass clowns. Sounds about right

Oh I see, you’ve been away because everyone on here is a negative ass clown. Here I was thinking it was because you wanted to avoid being reminded of your takes calling people negative for questioning Dorion’s offseason.

Looking at 3-12-1 you have to wonder whether people were really that negative or whether they were accurately assessing the team while you were overrating it.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
20 pages on an absolutle nobody of a prospect getting put on waivers.

Only on Hfboards senators.
Yup. They had 60 pages worth of discussion on Gudbranson, another 35 on J. Brown, who knows how many on Stepan at this point.

This board is f***ing obsessed with marginal role players who come and go from the roster every year. Other teams’ fans talk about their star players, not here though. Let’s bemoan the loss of the 12th rated prospect we had - as voted by the very same people now lamenting his departure.

Unreal detachment from reality.

Reactions: Yak

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yup. They had 60 pages worth of discussion on Gudbranson, another 35 on J. Brown, who knows how many on Stepan at this point.

This board is f***ing obsessed with marginal role players who come and go from the roster every year. Other teams’ fans talk about their star players, not here though. Let’s bemoan the loss of the 12th rated prospect we had - as voted by the very same people now lamenting his departure.

The conversation has been about a whole lot more than Balcers. Framing it as "20 pages over a role player" is wrong and you know it.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
The conversation has been about a whole lot more than Balcers. Framing it as "20 pages over a role player" is wrong and you know it.
Just because every single thread on this forum gets derailed at some point doesn’t change the fact that what I said was accurate.

The majority of the posters on this forum seem to be obsessed with marginal role players and seem to want to 1-up each other with their hot takes. I honestly can’t believe what I’m seeing anymore.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

this team doesn’t have any star players

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

If it bothers you so much that people care about this team and want to discuss it why don't you stop posting here then?
Just because every single thread on this forum gets derailed at some point doesn’t change the fact that what I said was accurate.

The majority of the posters on this forum seem to be obsessed with marginal role players and seem to want to 1-up each other with their hot takes. I honestly can’t believe what I’m seeing anymore.

The real hot takes are coming from you. How anyone continues to defend this management group is the hottest take of all.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Oh I see, you’ve been away because everyone on here is a negative ass clown. Here I was thinking it was because you wanted to avoid being reminded of your takes calling people negative for questioning Dorion’s offseason.

Looking at 3-12-1 you have to wonder whether people were really that negative or whether they were accurately assessing the team while you were overrating it.

I'm not really looking to reengage on the board, but what takes are you referencing?

Feel free to post them

I didn't think the Sens would finish last.

I thought the D improved and posted that. Not my fault that Brannstrom got quarantined for a month and Smith left Zub on the bench for 10 games or whatever it was. I was one of very few people here that was bringing up Zub so i find all the great outlooks on hisplay a bit funny

The team is better. It's playing harder competition night in and out and the eye test and numbers both support we're better. Goaltending sucked. Hopefully it's righted.
And if it stays and we get average goaltending we'll do ok

Young guys are getting ice time, shouldn't be any complaining there. Oh wait, there is. Lots of it. Go back and look at my take where i said several times that very few guys would play 50 games, including White.

Norris making it over Brown?

About the only take i had that's been off is the team not finishing last...but our record to this point is more related to .850 goaltending than anything else. And if we get 910 goaltending from here out, we won't have the worst record from here out.

I even questioned why we signed Galchenyuk

Oh...ya...almost forgot...how about pre season takes on Stuetzle needing more development versus staying the year. I think I'm looking good on that too

So you go ahead and fill me on all the bad takes.

Reactions: TheDebater

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
If it bothers you so much that people care about this team and want to discuss it why don't you stop posting here then?

The real hot takes are coming from you. How anyone continues to defend this management group is the hottest take of all.
This is such pitiful low level trolling. I’m honestly embarrassed for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad