Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '23-'24 Thread

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Oilers need to completely reinvent their approach to the development system. From drafting, to the AHL team and up to how they call up/utilize prospects with the big team.

Time to turf the AHL coaches. Keith Gretzky. Our amateur scouts etc.

Complete revamp.
Well the problem now is this does nothing.

I suspect as a whole we will see some changes at some point as there will be a new GM who is more aligned with Jackson so coaches, management and development type guys are at risk, but our scouts I feel are safe until the summer at the earliest.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
Was browsing capfriendly and noticed the only bottom six forwards the Oilers have for next year are Ryan and McLeod.(counting Holloway as #6) Are there any Condors that are pretty much guaranteed to help fill up the bottom six?

Giggleplex

May 18, 2015
Was browsing capfriendly and noticed the only bottom six forwards the Oilers have for next year are Ryan and McLeod.(counting Holloway as #6) Are there any Condors that are pretty much guaranteed to help fill up the bottom six?
I'm sure they will sign some vets to fill those roles. Though hopefully they make space for Lavoie and maybe another one of the rookies.

Reactions: Chet Manley

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I wouldn't be surprised if Pederson gets a shot in camp.

He's on a one-way deal. I was kind of surprised he didn't get a cup of coffee this year. I could see him being a decent 4th liner.

Reactions: Chet Manley

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany

Guaranteed? Broberg if he's still around, I'd also bet on Lavoie finally getting a proper shot.

Odds are the Oil will sign a cheap vet or two to round out the bottom 6. Personally, I wouldn't mind bringing Henrique and maybe Janmark back if their contracts don't break the bank. Maybe a reunion with Kostin if the Sharks aren't super high on him?

Bakersfield was super heavy on vets this year with Pederson, Griffith, Gags, Cags, Hamblin, Malone, McKegg, and Enre all in the top 9 mix; the two prospects featured were Holloway and Lavoie.

Next year I think it'll just Pederson, Caggiula, and Hamblin as the "veteran" core, with Bourgault, Tullio, Petrov, and Savoie being given every opportunity to rise to the top, and Wright, Grubbe, and Philp in the next group pushing them.

Last edited:

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
Guaranteed? Broberg if he's still around, I'd also bet on Lavoie finally getting a proper shot.

Odds are the Oil will sign a cheap vet or two to round out the bottom 6. Personally, I wouldn't mind bringing Henrique and maybe Janmark back if their contracts don't break the bank. Maybe a reunion with Kostin if the Sharks aren't super high on him?

Bakersfield was super heavy on vets this year with Pederson, Griffith, Gags, Cags, Hamblin, Malone, McKegg, and Enre all in the top 9 mix; the two prospects featured were Holloway and Lavoie.

Next year I think it'll just Pederson, Caggiula, and Hamblin as the "veteran" core, with Bourgault, Tullio, Petrov, and Savoie being given every opportunity to rise to the top, and Wright, Grubbe, and Philp in the next group pushing them.
Guaranteed was probably the wrong wording. I'm just a bit surprised that the team is looking at filling 4 or 5 bottom six forwards via UFA and was curious if any young help is on the way to prevent that. Kind of stopped paying attention to prospects with so many over the past 15 years being total disappointments.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Guaranteed was probably the wrong wording. I'm just a bit surprised that the team is looking at filling 4 or 5 bottom six forwards via UFA and was curious if any young help is on the way to prevent that. Kind of stopped paying attention to prospects with so many over the past 15 years being total disappointments.

Fair.

If Philp hadn't missed the year he would have been on the shortlist for the 4th line C spot. Hell, he might already have claimed the role, as he would have gotten the shot Hamblin had earlier this year.

My ideal for the bottom 6 would be something like re-sign Henrique for something around 3mil, Janmark at 1mil again, and then Ceci to SJ for Kostin and Sturm.

McLeod-Henrique-Lavoie
Kostin-Sturm-Janmark
Ryan

Sturm-Janmark takes over as a lead PK pair, and they let Kostin run around and play his game on the 4th line.
McLeod covers for the slower boots of Henrique and Lavoie on the 3rd line, and gets shifted to wing so he's not as preoccupied with always playing defence.

Overall that bottom 6 is a fair bit beefer, with Lavoie matching Perry's size, while Kostin and Sturm are a fair bit heavier than Foegele, Carrick, Brown, and Ryan.

This does put up in a similar spot next year with several UFAs, but hopefully by then a few of the kids have taken a step closer to being NHL'ers.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Fair.

If Philp hadn't missed the year he would have been on the shortlist for the 4th line C spot. Hell, he might already have claimed the role, as he would have gotten the shot Hamblin had earlier this year.

My ideal for the bottom 6 would be something like re-sign Henrique for something around 3mil, Janmark at 1mil again, and then Ceci to SJ for Kostin and Sturm.

McLeod-Henrique-Lavoie
Kostin-Sturm-Janmark
Ryan

Sturm-Janmark takes over as a lead PK pair, and they let Kostin run around and play his game on the 4th line.
McLeod covers for the slower boots of Henrique and Lavoie on the 3rd line, and gets shifted to wing so he's not as preoccupied with always playing defence.

Overall that bottom 6 is a fair bit beefer, with Lavoie matching Perry's size, while Kostin and Sturm are a fair bit heavier than Foegele, Carrick, Brown, and Ryan.

This does put up in a similar spot next year with several UFAs, but hopefully by then a few of the kids have taken a step closer to being NHL'ers.
I have lots of time for Philp. Hopefully his heart is back into hockey and he becomes a NHLer for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad