Post-Game Talk: Bagel and a Beer Jets 3 Kraken 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Section 325

Nov 5, 2014
Calgary, AB
Jesus, we have a week of SN games? blehhhh
Ugh, really? I'm not looking forward to listening to a bunch of uninteresting potatoes pretend like they know anything about the Jets. Also not looking forward to seeing how everything, no matter how unrelated, will somehow cycle back to either Connor McDavid or the Leafs.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Did Bro have anything to do? Seemed like a very easy night for him. Granted he made it look easy but Seattle look really bad over these 2 games. They had like 13 shots up until they got that PP and they never really pressure. They sit 3 guys back all the time even when they went 1 down

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
i could only watch up until around scheifele's goal

SEA did not look good at all. not sure if it was v good Jets or bad SEA but whatever the case was they barely did anything of note. their waves of offense and scoring depth compared to last year was not very apparent.

morrissey was outstanding, 3rd line was v good, i thought the Jets top-6 was meh overall, the Jets 4th line got their cardio in.

Reactions: Buffdog and SLAYER

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
I thought Ehlers was a turnover machine and 2 of his led to Sea best scoring chances. Anyone have the fancy stats on him?
I'm as big an Ehlers fan as anyone but his turnovers, last night in particular, had me shaking my head. Maybe his style of play is more prone to turnovers. He, like Connor, can be frustrating to watch.

Looking forward or maybe with some trepidation to how Bowness handled the lines going forward.

Go Jets Go!

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
i could only watch up until around scheifele's goal

SEA did not look good at all. not sure if it was v good Jets or bad SEA but whatever the case was they barely did anything of note. their waves of offense and scoring depth compared to last year was not very apparent.

morrissey was outstanding, 3rd line was v good, i thought the Jets top-6 was meh overall, the Jets 4th line got their cardio in.
I thought that Winnipeg was fantastic on the forecheck and spent most of the time in the SEA end. Even for a defensive game, we had tons of spark. I loved the game….. looked like the pack of wolves again.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I'm as big an Ehlers fan as anyone but his turnovers, last night in particular, had me shaking my head. Maybe his style of play is more prone to turnovers. He, like Connor, can be frustrating to watch.

Looking forward or maybe with some trepidation to how Bowness handled the lines going forward.

Go Jets Go!
yeah if you check the leaders in giveaways for fwds-it's players like kucherov, mcdavid, barzal, mackinnon etc. players with the puck on their stick a lot, high rush/octane offense.

last night i thought he was ok but i don't think his line really played well together. monahan didn't really find openings to set up for a scoring opportunity really well and iafallo was there.
I thought that Winnipeg was fantastic on the forecheck and spent most of the time in the SEA end. Even for a defensive game, we had tons of spark. I loved the game….. looked like the pack of wolves again.
1st period in particular they work snatching the puck from seattle w/ ease.

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
People saying this game was boring must not appreciate a great defensive effort. They stunned Seattle with their play, there was barely anything there for them.
I really like how they gave Seattle nothing in the 3rd - and nothing after they got up by one.

Ugh, really? I'm not looking forward to listening to a bunch of uninteresting potatoes pretend like they know anything about the Jets. Also not looking forward to seeing how everything, no matter how unrelated, will somehow cycle back to either Connor McDavid or the Leafs.
Thank god for espn+

Tonight I guess I have no choice but 9 times out of 10 I'll watch the other team's feed over SN

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

Go Jets Go!
Yeah - I feel the same way about both of them.

With such dynamic offensive players you usually have to take the good with the bad unless they are unicorns.

I think the main problem (and argument) about Connor is unless he's scoring at a goal per game pace his shortcomings lead to bad goal differential.

Ehlers scores less but I also think he tries harder defensively. I think they both give away the puck too much. I think Ehlers giveaways tend to be more dangerous, but Connors bigger shortcoming is that he doesn't fight hard enough for the puck.

At the end of the day they both have their warts - most players do. I'm really tired of pitting one against the other, so from now on any of my commentary will be more supportive of both players because they are what they are and are not likely to change.

It then becomes a matter of coaches ensuring that both players are put in positions to maximize their skill and minimize their deficiencies. I think that is done both in terms of linemates and situational deployment.

At the end of the day, both 81 and 27 have given me countless moments of joy, and consternation. I am so happy they are both Jets!

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Entertainment value was on the low side but I'll take that kind of road performance any night of the week.

Reactions: SLAYER
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad