Value of: Backup goalie to Avs

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
No one ever said it was 100% accurate or should be taken that way. I see you've already started with the strawman arguments though, how tedious.

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/pl...ne&fd=&td=&tgp=410&lines=single&draftteam=ALL

Past three seasons of play comparing goaltender GSAA. Gibson is 30th with plenty of guys on poor teams above him. What's the excuse there?

So, you admit that it isn't accurate, but still want to pretend it somehow proves something meaningful? :huh:

But, for the sake of argument, which of the goalies ahead of Gibson have played for a worse team than Anaheim in each of the last 3 years? Because Detroit and Ottawa don't seem to show up very frequently, and Greiss only played 34 games in a pandemic altered season.

I could also point out that, even according to your flawed metrics, Gibson was still saving more goals over those three years than the average goalie, despite playing on a really bad team.

Quackenator

Mar 6, 2018
Poulsbo, Wa
So, you admit that it isn't accurate, but still want to pretend it somehow proves something meaningful? :huh:

But, for the sake of argument, which of the goalies ahead of Gibson have played for a worse team than Anaheim in each of the last 3 years? Because Detroit and Ottawa don't seem to show up very frequently, and Greiss only played 34 games in a pandemic altered season.

I could also point out that, even according to your flawed metrics, Gibson was still saving more goals over those three years than the average goalie, despite playing on a really bad team.
dont even feed the troll

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
No one ever said it was 100% accurate or should be taken that way.

except you clearly are taking it that way and using it in your argument. you can't summarize that the "rebuilding excuse" as null and void without taking it that way. you're using weak arguments and suggesting they're much stronger to support yourself rather than finding data that actually supports the outcome you see. you embody this meme.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad