Pre-Game Talk: Back to Back: Ottawa/Colorado in SWEDEN (Friday afternoon & Saturday afternoon games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Games in my time zone! And I won't be out of town! These better be on TV here!

Update: looks like the Friday game will be but on Saturday they're showing stupid NYR-EDM instead :(

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Ill be there Friday! Will be awesome! =) If you want to watch them Saturday just order Viaplay.

I'm not familiar with Viaplay but I don't really see the point in paying money for a single game just to have to watch in on my computer anyway.

If you're anywhere near Geneva, you can come watch it at my house. :D

Hm, much appreciated but 1000 km also seems like a biiiit far..

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Ottawa's gonna have like 12 games in hand on the rest of the Atlantic by the time they play their next game after Sweden lol.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Dimensions? International or NHL / North American?

Heard in an interview today, on local radio (TSM 1200) that the ice surface is NHL dimensions.

http://www.hockeyarenas.com/globeenglish.htm

the-interior-of-the-ericsson-globe-arena-is-pictured-in-stockholm-D61XJ9.jpg

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Is there an alumni game happening in relation to our series in Sweden? Getting kinda worried about Chris Phillips' last instagram post if not...

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
Ottawa's gonna have like 12 games in hand on the rest of the Atlantic by the time they play their next game after Sweden lol.

If we can come back and not be too far behind in point totals we'll be in great shape. It's great when your team is in the hunt near the top on points with a bunch of games in hand.

Reactions: Back in Black

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
The NHL can go suck a big fat one.

6 day break while watching other Atlantic teams pick up points. Then another 5 day break.

These should have been preseason games.

My interest in this league is decreasing year by year.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Looking at the lineup with trading for Brassard and Duchene, the top 6 is pretty heavy on the left hand shots. I wonder how much of that was done to maximize Karlson's skill set. As a right handed defensemen its a lot easier to make those long passes to a left handed player than a right handed player. Not that it's at all hard for Karlsson but it takes quite a bit of skill to be able to handle hard passes on the backhand, Spezza was great at it. It could make the transition a little smoother, given how Boucher seems to prefer the puck movers playing the right side . It also creates a situation where you can make duo's with your top 3 centres and top 3 wingers. Duchene-Ryan/Stone, Brassard-Stone/Ryan and Pageau-Hoffman.

Last edited:

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
Looking at the lineup with trading for Brassard and Duchene, the top 6 is pretty heavy on the right hand shots.
It was ever thus. Don't forget that Turris and Zibby, the players traded for Brassard and Duchene, also shoot right. The Senators have been heavy on right-shooting forwards since the days of the pizza line. I don't think that it's an intentional thing on our part; just how it worked out.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It was ever thus. Don't forget that Turris and Zibby, the players traded for Brassard and Duchene, also shoot right. The Senators have been heavy on right-shooting forwards since the days of the pizza line. I don't think that it's an intentional thing on our part; just how it worked out.

When the Brassard trade went down, there was talk that Ottawa wanted a left handed centre to play with Ryan. It's certainly something thats considered.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Brass and Duche (haha) both shoot left.. I would still prefer to have Hoffman in the top 6 on LW if need be regardless of which way the C shoots.

Reactions: Alex1234

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Do you mean left-hand shots? Now we have Duchene, Brassard, Hoffman, and Smith/Dzingel as lefties.

Yes I do, thank you.

Brass and Duche (haha) both shoot left.. I would still prefer to have Hoffman in the top 6 on LW if need be regardless of which way the C shoots.

I would as well but we all know how much Boucher likes Hoffman with Pageau. Looks like Duchene will get to start with Hoffman as a winger but once Ryan is back I'm not sure how likely that is.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I would as well but we all know how much Boucher likes Hoffman with Pageau. Looks like Duchene will get to start with Hoffman as a winger but once Ryan is back I'm not sure how likely that is.

I hope Hoff and Duche light it up , Ryan goes back with Brass and Stone; and I would try Dzingel with Hoff and Duche... Smith Pageau Pyatt should be a very good 3rd line

Reactions: Alex1234 and Cosmix
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad