GDT: Babe Winkelman is back from his fishing trip (Leafs @ Canes)

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Yes, they are. But if you're telling me you don't see obvious signs of fatigue in some of the more recent games, I'm not sure what to tell you.
:laugh:

I think you just like to complain about the team no matter what. If you are telling me that's not the case, I'm not sure what to tell you.

It's late in an 82 game season where they've all but clinched a playoff spot and are still winning. In prior years when they are going strong at the end of the seasons, fans complain about them getting burned out and not saving it up for the playoffs. When they aren't dominating but still win it's "obvious signs or fatigue".

I think some just like to complain no matter what.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Have you seen the schedule or are we blaming the system again?

:laugh:

I think you just like to complain about the team no matter what. If you are telling me that's not the case, I'm not sure what to tell you.

It's late in an 82 game season where they've all but clinched a playoff spot and are still winning. In prior years when they are going strong at the end of the seasons, fans complain about them getting burned out and not saving it up for the playoffs. When they aren't dominating but still win it's "obvious signs or fatigue".

I think some just like to complain no matter what.

I'm not sure where the complaint is?

- The Canes have had a tough schedule lately (True)
- The Canes have looked fatigued because of that (True)
- The Canes haven't played their best because of that fatigue (True)
- They need to find a second wind because they still have tough opponents left on the schedule (True)

Is hoping for a second wind a complaint to you?

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017

- They need to find a second wind because they still have tough opponents left on the schedule (True)

A 2nd wind needed when understanding the fatigue is caused by a crazy schedule? The schedule also lightens up in intensity too

Reactions: Tryamw

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

Yes. You regularly look for the negatives. They are 9-1-1 in their last 11 games and their only losses are a 1-0 loss and a weird SO loss.

Their 1st wind has been just fine.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
A 2nd wind needed when understanding the fatigue is caused by a crazy schedule?

Their next time to rest is after this Saturday's game, (4 days between games), so that would be the time to get the second wind. Which would be needed because after that break, they again play 3 games in 4 days.

I'm surprised there's so much uproar over the idea that the Canes look fatigued and could use a break, but to each their own, I guess?

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Their next time to rest is after this Saturday's game, (4 days between games), so that would be the time to get the second wind. Which would be needed because after that break, they again play 3 games in 4 days.

I'm surprised there's so much uproar over the idea that the Canes look fatigued and could use a break, but to each their own, I guess?

To summarize: you think the Canes have broken wind? :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017

Im not uproaring. It not weird to question the statement after 5 years of many posters having this “system tires us before the playoffs” narrative though.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Im not uproaring. It not weird to question the statement after 5 years of many posters having this “system tires us before the playoffs” narrative though.

Nowhere did I say anything about the system.

My opening statement said "Another win where the Canes didn't play their best. Gotta get some kind of second wind, because we still have tough opponents on the schedule."

I don't see a complaint there. I don't see criticism there. It's literally just a factual statement and an expressed desire, both of which have also been expressed by RBA in his postgames lately, but f*** me, I guess?

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Nowhere did I say anything about the system.

My opening statement said "Another win where the Canes didn't play their best. Gotta get some kind of second wind, because we still have tough opponents on the schedule."

I don't see a complaint there. I don't see criticism there. It's literally just a factual statement and an expressed desire, both of which have also been expressed by RBA in his postgames lately, but f*** me, I guess?
To be fair i didn’t say you did question the system. In fact i asked if it was in reference to that.

I guess my questioning is being coupled with BBA’s sharper critique of the post.

In the end I don’t really think the team needs any 2nd wind because the schedule lightens up and becomes less intense.

Reactions: Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad