NFL: 2024 NFL draft discussion thread, Draft begins 4/25 8pm, 4/26 6pm, 4/27 12pm

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Howie likes to start day 3 by challenging the scouts to stick their necks out for certain guys. I guess he was seeing a lot of ambivalence in the room.

This isn't a deep draft. With NILs now not as many underclassmen are declaring. A lot of these day 3 guys would be undrafted pre-NIL.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
NFL Network trying to do the ‘please draft Spencer Rattler’ segment.

He’s probably going to get drafted, and it’s worth the discussion, but the teams who felt they need QB’s took them early. This was a draft seen as deep. Those guys will get reps, except for Penix. Because they need them, because teams know they need them.

Chargers took Cam Hart, Harbaugh brought in his secondary coach I think. He should’ve been taken yesterday, he played up to Marvin Harrison.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This isn't a deep draft. With NILs now not as many underclassmen are declaring. A lot of these day 3 guys would be undrafted pre-NIL.
That’s going to be another point to the quarterbacks. With NIL, if you’re worth a shit, you’ll find a place to be, but you better show out if you’re a senior.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
We've reached the point where I'm starting to not recognize names.

NFL Network trying to do the ‘please draft Spencer Rattler’ segment.

He’s probably going to get drafted, and it’s worth the discussion, but the teams who felt they need QB’s took them early. This was a draft seen as deep. Those guys will get reps, except for Penix. Because they need them, because teams know they need them.

Chargers took Cam Hart, Harbaugh brought in his secondary coach I think. He should’ve been taken yesterday, he played up to Marvin Harrison.
He's got real Jake Fromm vibes.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Happy with trade and Booker pick

Draft grades

QB Caleb Williams = A (Still not sold he was best QB, I like Maye)
WR Rome Odunze = A+
T Karen Amegadjie = B-
P Tory Taylor = F- (multiplied by infinity)
EDGE Austin Booker = A

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
Happy with trade and Booker pick

Draft grades

QB Caleb Williams = A (Still not sold he was best QB, I like Maye)
WR Rome Odunze = A+
T Karen Amegadjie = B-
P Tory Taylor = F- (multiplied by infinity)
EDGE Austin Booker = A
Maye is ass. He will be golfing on Sundays with Mac Jones and Zach Wilson within 3 years.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Saints drafted Jake Haener last year, and near as I can tell, they do like him, and he has a good relationship with Derek Carr because they have a history. Needless to say, this is a wasted pick. They do have a new offensive staff, so Haener is on notice, but you should never draft quarterbacks unless you have a path to get them on the field, especially ones who did nothing but regress in college.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Eagles trade up for Jeremiah Trotter Jr.
The callers will be pleased.

I said on the Flyers board that they should draft Ainais Smith, and they do, so I’m glad the smart teams do smart things. The Saints also should have done that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad