Post-Game Talk: B2B wins Jets 3 - Wild 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbooja

Uncle Salaami
Jun 2, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Luv your avatar. Do it yourself or pick it up somewhere?
That looks like it was done with Bing AI

Here's one I did awhile back:
1704064218370.jpeg

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
10-1-2 in December
Did I hear that correctly?
Wow

Now 25 straight games without giving up more than 3 G in a game. Last one was Nov 2 against F**k Vegas (5-2 loss).

After 35 games that might be considered impressive if it was just 25 of the 35 scattered randomly. 25 consecutively is something pretty special. We also gave up 3 or less in 4 of the first 10 and a 5th one we gave up a 4th goal in OT. So if we call it goals against in regulation it is 30 of 35 games giving up 3 or less. That is also pretty impressive.

Right now, we are 5th in the league in pts - THIRD in pts%.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Nice to take a clean 4 pts out of this series without any serious injuries -
Names is my call out of the day - he looks really good out there with and without the puck.
Not just the hard work - he has skill / smarts to go with it.
Add a shooter to that second and they will be built for success (playmaker, smart / skilled grinder, and someone who can put it in the net.

Also nice to see Bro put up another win - he's looking solid.

Edit - meant to refer to the "second" line - fixed it

I've liked some of what Names has been doing but have been disappointed in the line's scoring with him at C. But add KFC to that line and it could really take off. Connor is known to be dangerous and draws attention from opponents that will give Perf and Names a little more room. Not to mention that he will put the puck in the net regardless.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think the Wild have the ability to suck the life out of the skilled guys -
I expect the top 6 to bounce back once they start playing teams that focus on hockey.

Good point. They play in such a way that is more suitable to the grinding type players.

But there really was only one place for the top line to go and that was down given how white hot they were.

The second line has been snakebit lately, lots of good looks but the only 5 on 5 goal they have gotten lately was a long range shot that bounced in off of an oppositions skate. I expect if they keep getting grade A looks they will eventually have a hot stretch like the other lines have had.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
We haven't had this in Jets 2.0 before. This team is a machine. Such consistency of systems play. Proper line and goaltender utilization. Full buy in across the dressing room. Consistently playing the style of tight hockey, minimizing high danger chances, that historically has a higher probability of success in the post season.

Great game, great win. GJG!
It’s awesome to see that whether we need a goal or need to protect a lead, we can play the bottom 6.

Happy New Year everyone!

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I've liked some of what Names has been doing but have been disappointed in the line's scoring with him at C. But add KFC to that line and it could really take off. Connor is known to be dangerous and draws attention from opponents that will give Perf and Names a little more room. Not to mention that he will put the puck in the net regardless.

Yup, he does some good things but can't finish that well. That line is getting chances but need a one shot scorer on it to capitalize on those chances.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm so happy for Toninato.

It can't be easy being in and out of the lineup and the NHL.

It's so great to have the fourth line contributing.

On the broadcast they said that the Wild had yet to lose after leading after the 1st period.

In the words of Unicron, "It pleases me to be the first!"

Happy New Year everyone!

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
First of all f*** off Hartman... eat shit!

Really solid game, the Wild were hot in the 1st but the Jets clawed back well in the 2nd and 3rd. Jets did a great job blocking shots and making the workload easy for LB. Jets defensive play and barely giving up good chances against (they only gave up 1.15 xGs at 5v5 tonight) helps them stay in these types of games and keep accumulating points even when their offensive players aren't going. I thought Pionk had a rough oneand I kinda worry about him in the playoffs where games like these are more common and physicality ramps up.

Great game by Morrissey even if he was held off the scoresheet, back to back posts for him.

Lowry line starting to look like their old selves these last few games, hopefully they can keep this up. Now that we have figured out the top line, it'd be great to have both the 1 and 3 lines going at the same time.

Petan also had a great game and got on the scoresheet.

Iafallo is the weak link on that line not Names from my viewings. Iafallo's hands are a bit hard and he seems to not have the easiest of times settling the puck down cleanly after receiving a pass and that split second delay causes lots of offensive windows of opportunities to close before they can capitalize on them. I think either one of Ehlers or Connor in that spot over Iafallo will help that line.

Last edited:

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Fabulous game and a fabulous way to finish the calendar year. This team is built to last.

Heading out for my last shift of the year. Yay! Unfortunately, it's a 6 hour one.

Happy New Year to all the great guys in this board and remember, if you're heading out tonight, tip your bartender!

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
My mother enjoyed the game right from the start, from the opening fight, right down to the Toninato block at the end. I mentioned after the first that I hoped Bones would get some pushback from these guys in the second and third, and the team did just that. Remember back the the day when the Jets played the Capitals in back-to-back games? If the Jets won them both, it would have crushed Washington's chances to catch us for first in the division. Well, we all know what happened, the Jets lost both and the Caps started on a tear and won the division. The Jets this year are nothing like that team. They don't give up, everyone has bought in, and they seem to be having fun. Hell, who doesn't love winning? My mom gives this game four kiwi fruits out of five...

kiwifruit1.gif
kiwifruit2.gif
kiwifruit3.gif
kiwifruit4.gif

The Prediction Contest for next year's game against the Tampa Bay Lightning has been posted for your guesses. Thanks again to @flyingkiwi for two terrific back-to-back GDT's and to @Luc Labelle who also had a fantastic one too! Just a reminder, there are plenty of games left in the season that don't have a GDT creator, maybe that someone is you!

I wish you all a happy and joyous new year!:party: See you next month, good night...

myfriendstonightmetonight.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad