Post-Game Talk: B2B Champs eh, Jets win 7-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015

Oh man -- after all the fire he showed during the game I was expecting to see PLD take that helmet and crush it like a grape.

Jets win weird, again. Fun to see all kinds of goals; vicious crosscheck on Pionk; JMo and DD stood to just about above average height again and pretty much everyone skated hard.

And yes, the Great Ehlers ToI Conundrum. I reckon it's less an absolute number than a proportionate fraction of 26/ 55, between 60 and 66 (!) %, a floating integer with profound explanatory power for understanding wins and losses. The Ehlers Percentage. The Ehlers Constant, passed as a gem-like flame down through the generations of Jets coaches from Mo to DLo, and all but guaranteeing a Jets win, except of course when it doesn't.

Got a dynamic winger, with game-changing abilities, who is Danish? Play him less! That's the Ehlers Constant.

Also, some nice numbers across the 2nd and 3rd lines, and 2nd and 3rd pairings, although we need to see Schmitty on that PP, since that's what we're paying him for.

GJG, etc.

FNYM9zNUUAcvx0T

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Thought Tampa looked really passive which is odd for them but at the same time we really took the game to them over all. I can't say I am surprised I though we were the better team in our last 2 losses but we just can't seem to score when we need to. Tonight we did and got the win

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Isn't it amusing how many people care so little about the Jets that they take the trouble and time to come on here and tell us that they literally do not care.
Cool post.

Nowhere did I say that I care little about the Jets, in fact its quite the opposite.

I care little about a win that should mean a lot, because this team has no hope for this season and it's depressing that they show up and play great one night and look like they couldn't beat the expansion Thrashers the next night.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Isn't it amusing how many people care so little about the Jets that they take the trouble and time to come on here and tell us that they literally do not care.

You haven't been on here long enough to understand the dynamics of how these boards work. We have people who have been posting here since the Jets came back and they only post about how much they hate Chipman/Chevy/Equipment manager Assistant GM/Wade Flaherty/Charlie Huddy/Every Coach we have had/Wheeler/Player to crap on of the week.

But they are super fans honest

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Thought Tampa looked really passive which is odd for them but at the same time we really took the game to them over all. I can't say I am surprised I though we were the better team in our last 2 losses but we just can't seem to score when we need to. Tonight we did and got the win

Tampa showed life in the first, but that was it. Throughout the game, Tampa had some decent rushes - so much speed on that team. In the first the Jets simply allowed Hedman to walk around in the slot... the dude is a bear on skates.

The third was pure joy for our band of merry folk sitting in section 120.

The bolts did something weird at the end of the game - held the puck in their own zone for about 25 seconds, and everyone simply stopped skating - as if it was the end of a set of manmakers.

Jim-Halpert-Shrug-and-Leave-The-Office.gif

Last edited:

Pandemonia

Aug 30, 2020
Cool post.

Nowhere did I say that I care little about the Jets, in fact its quite the opposite.

I care little about a win that should mean a lot, because this team has no hope for this season and it's depressing that they show up and play great one night and look like they couldn't beat the expansion Thrashers the next night.

You're right. I sit corrected. And resolve to read more carefully instead of darting in here for a few quick minutes.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

Pandemonia

Aug 30, 2020
You haven't been on here long enough to understand the dynamics of how these boards work. We have people who have been posting here since the Jets came back and they only post about how much they hate Chipman/Chevy/Equipment manager Assistant GM/Wade Flaherty/Charlie Huddy/Every Coach we have had/Wheeler/Player to crap on of the week.

Fans of what, I wonder?

Reactions: Upperdeckjet

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.

Look, I understand this sentiment.

You are not directly quoting me, but as the person being quoted by the other poster. I certainly hope you are not insinuating that I am one of those posters. I feel like I have been fair and balanced as a poster here. I was excited for this team coming into the season, excited after a hot start and then angry after we have completely fallen apart at the seams. Seems reasonable to me.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Cool post.

"Cool post" just those two words made me laugh.:laugh: I'm gonna remember that one.:laugh:

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005

You are not directly quoting me, but as the person being quoted by the other poster. I certainly hope you are not insinuating that I am one of those posters. I feel like I have been fair and balanced as a poster here. I was excited for this team coming into the season, excited after a hot start and then angry after we have completely fallen apart at the seams. Seems reasonable to me.

No I wasn't pointing the finger at anyone just saying how board posting dynamics work here and everywhere

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

I’d say most of the posters here are pretty balanced anyway and it’s the extreme minority that are overtly negative about everything and that’s what helps create this narrative that we have a bunch of people that “only” show up during tough times.

There’s a couple of posters in my mind right now who only show up when the Jets are playing well, too. So it goes both ways. Overall, there are extremes on both sides but I think this board is remarkably balanced for a place where fans gather.

I share your sentiment about this game. Normally a win over a powerhouse would inspire confidence, but I felt nothing but apathy, nay, I was upset, that we won a game like this considering it’ll likely be wiped out by another bad loss soon and we’ll be stuck in the mushy middle or missing the playoffs but getting a poor pick too.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So why the difference in play from game to game?

Well we just saw the two time champs totally shit the bed against an inferior team so there’s that. Tampa clearly lacks consistency.

Last night

Basement dwellers Devils beat contender Colorado 5-3 (Avs just aren’t consistent)
Philly sucks and beat Vegas 2-1
Worst team in the league Arizona clown pounds Detroit 9-2
Ottawa (rebuilding) pounds the blues 4-1 (Blues are inconsistent)

I think the sooner our fans can give up the notion that any team should look the same every night the better.

It’s the NHL and its pretty random.

Last edited:

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Well we just saw the two time champs totoally shit the bed against an inferior team so there’s that. Tampa clearly lacks consistency.

Last night

Basement dwellers Devils beat contender Colorado 5-3 (Avs just aren’t consistent)
Philly sucks and beat Vegas 2-1
Worst team in the league Arizona clown pounds Detroit 9-2
Ottawa (rebuilding) pounds the blues 4-1 (Blues are inconsistent)

I think the sooner our fans can give up the notion that any team should look the same every night the better.

It’s the NHL and its pretty random.
This is a good reminder. Hockey is inherently a random sport when its a one game sample.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Yeah I'd say outside a couple of stinkers the jets play has steadily improved. We just have moments in the game where we lapse and aren't getting the luck.

Problem is it's too late. IF this was the way we were playing at the 20-30 game mark I'd be reasonably excited but points are all that matters right now and we are leaving too many on the table.

Orrrules

Mar 6, 2021
Well, I watched the Panthers beat the Lightning 9 - 3 back in December so anything is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad