Confirmed with Link: [AZ/TOR] Conor Timmins to Toronto for Curtis Douglas

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
That's some twisting by Wheeler ... inflated numbers after getting 3 assists in 1 game against the NHL's worst team.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I won't really care if we lose Mayo on waivers too, but at the same time he was solid and quietly effective last season. Don't think we should really throw that away after a couple months. He was also a longstanding player in Tucson so he's done a lot for the organization. Timmins really never did anything.

Reactions: LittlePipes and rt

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I won't really care if we lose Mayo on waivers too, but at the same time he was solid and quietly effective last season. Don't think we should really throw that away after a couple months. He was also a longstanding player in Tucson so he's done a lot for the organization. Timmins really never did anything.
Timmins got injured every 3 games

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
That too. Drafted 5 years ago and still has not scored his first career goal. Really encapsulates all the time he has missed.

Reactions: rt

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
What did Timmins show in his 8 games over 2 years with us that made him worthy of greater time investment?

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
What did Timmins show in his 8 games over 2 years with us that made him worthy of greater time investment?
I understand what you are saying, but we had time to let him play and see what kind of player he is. There was no hurry to trade him, especially for the kind of player we got in return. BA has to do better than that in future trades. BA has been patient, except this deal.

Reactions: Grimes

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I understand what you are saying, but we had time to let him play and see what kind of player he is. There was no hurry to trade him, especially for the kind of player we got in return. BA has to do better than that in future trades. BA has been patient, except this deal.
I would have handled things differently myself. That being said Timmins was not super great during his conditioning stint with a -10 in 6 games and 3 points. He didn't justify a roster spot and the organization (and it's not just on BA here it's their own scouts/coaches) who felt he needed further development time in the AHL and given his waiver status there was zero chance that could occur with AZ. It's similar to how we acquired Valimaki. We ran out of runway and had to make a tough decision. Timmins can move the puck. He always could. in Toronto he will put up points with that forward group. Edmonton should be watching this situation and putting two and two together on what difference a better D corps could do for their group of AHL forwards and the best 2 players in the game.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I would have handled things differently myself. That being said Timmins was not super great during his conditioning stint with a -10 in 6 games and 3 points. He didn't justify a roster spot and the organization (and it's not just on BA here it's their own scouts/coaches) who felt he needed further development time in the AHL and given his waiver status there was zero chance that could occur with AZ. It's similar to how we acquired Valimaki. We ran out of runway and had to make a tough decision. Timmins can move the puck. He always could. in Toronto he will put up points with that forward group. Edmonton should be watching this situation and putting two and two together on what difference a better D corps could do for their group of AHL forwards and the best 2 players in the game.
I understand, but play him and see what he can bring. Our D is terrible, will be much more terrible in a few months. I thought it was a dumb move, but what do I know.

Reactions: zerekstar and hbk

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

Nothing. But I don't think BA valued him appropriately in this trade. Obviously other NHL GM's were interested. Other GM's were willing to give the dice roll. COL was PISSED they had to move him plus a 1st.

I wouldn't have even minded if we moved him without giving him more looks, but I hated that BA valued him at the level of a career AHL'er who may have some upside because he's big. If we got a 3rd for him I'd be fine with it. If we got Nick Robertson for him I would have been happy. I feel like Timmins should have been value around those types of pieces from his pedigree alone, let alone the fact that a desperate GM was the one who got him for nothing.

Maybe BA was making it up to Dubas after really screwing him over with goalies last season haha

Reactions: Matias Maccete

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
We should be glad we have enough prospect depth that Conor Timmins is a waivable commodity....in the past he would probably be considered a "core" prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad