Player Discussion: Axel Jonsson Fjällby

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Great hustle and pesky forecheck, kind of reminds me of Tanev when he was determined to make the lineup. I’m not sure it will translate into goals, but the 4th line has been doing a good job of harassing the line they’re up against.
We will see, I think you made an apt comparison, though I think Fjallby might have less sting, his forecheck speed and relentlessness can't be denied.

I do think he has more natural talent than Tanev so maybe he will chip in?

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I’ve also liked him a lot. Has great speed and is definitely a nuisance on the forecheck. We’ll see if his hands are made of stone like James Wright, but I think he could have Tanev potential. If he does, there’s nothing wrong with that at all.
He’s had a couple near breakaways already.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Reminds me more of James Wright than Tanev.
That's a shame for you.

He's already been around the net quite a bit, I think as he gets more comfortable with the team and his linemates we might see some scoring from him.

I was also really happy to see him on the PK - nice to have a coach that will put players into roles they can be successful in.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Do not take your wife and/or gf to the game. He's like Pavelec 2.0.
Going to games is fine. Worry about the games on TV, where they might get a close-up of Axel on the bench looking all hot and sweaty and breathing hard and... I better stop.

Then again, there is the old expression...

It doesn't matter where you get hungry, as long as you eat at home. :nod:

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
If Mrs. JETson knows her way around the kitchen she would have an affinity for sieves. :laugh:

Mrs. JETson is an excellent cook, as judged by my physique.
220px-Fat_bastard.jpeg

:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad