Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Saige Weinstein to a three-year entry-level contract

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Different spelling but there's this goofball...

iu
Bryan Barberena derailed that hype train real quick lol

Reactions: Foppa2118

Zandar

Jan 20, 2007
Free asset with Ryan Wilson potential? Glad the Avs used the signing window rather than a draft pick in 2024 to bring him into the fold.

Reactions: Alienblood

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I felt bad like this was a draft pick I forgot about.
The guy you forgot about was Nikit Ishminikov. Or was it Chris Romaine? Maybe Andrei Buyalsky? Had to have been Luka Burzan? Possibly Nick Henry was the forgotten one?

The way the Avs light any pick outside the first round (and most picks outside the top 10) on fire with galaxy brain choices, maybe actually not drafting a guy but just signing him right after the draft will actually work?

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Not a fan
Why not? Klippenstein must have seen something he liked. I’ve seen him at Showare Center a few times against the Birds. He’s a pesky little shit. Not much offense from what I remember but maybe more of the Josh Manson type?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Why not? Klippenstein must have seen something he liked. I’ve seen him at Showare Center a few times against the Birds. He’s a pesky little shit. Not much offense from what I remember but maybe more of the Josh Manson type?
Small defenseman that rely heavily on physicality don’t translate all that well. Ones that do flash more puck skills. I see a guy that will struggle at the professional level to play is game and have to find a new identity. Nothing here screams about a guy who really needed a contract and it will end up being a wasted contract space.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Small defenseman that rely heavily on physicality don’t translate all that well. Ones that do flash more puck skills. I see a guy that will struggle at the professional level to play is game and have to find a new identity. Nothing here screams about a guy who really needed a contract and it will end up being a wasted contract space.
At least he is 6 ft and can put on weight.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Can’t disagree with free asset but not signing Hanzel and Ivan at the same time is curious. Avs haven’t signed a CHL invite since Ty Lewis in 2017 and even he had connections, can’t help but wonder why they felt urgency with Weinstein, there must be an org connection with him too.
I think with Hanzel they will be patient. He will be given a bigger roll under O’Dette and have a chance to play big minutes in Seattle. He really just took off at the end of last year and in the playoffs. He will be a key component in the T-Birds success this year.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I think with Hanzel they will be patient. He will be given a bigger roll under O’Dette and have a chance to play big minutes in Seattle. He really just took off at the end of last year and in the playoffs. He will be a key component in the T-Birds success this year.
A year in the WHL isn’t really a problem it’s that he turns into Saigeon when they won’t sign him. The org is pretty stingy with ELCs. I guess that’s a next year problem but when the guy earned an ELC with his camp it’s disappointing to not see him get one too. And if they like Ivan they should sign him before someone else does, playing with fire there.

Zandar

Jan 20, 2007
A year in the WHL isn’t really a problem it’s that he turns into Saigeon when they won’t sign him. The org is pretty stingy with ELCs. I guess that’s a next year problem but when the guy earned an ELC with his camp it’s disappointing to not see him get one too. And if they like Ivan they should sign him before someone else does, playing with fire there.
Completely agree with signing Ivan but his contract doesn’t slide. Saige is likely 2 years out before counting towards the 50 limit. Likely a factor.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Considering the Avs are already pretty well stocked at LHD relative to other positions this seems a bit odd, though admittedly a lot can change by the time Weinstein would be ready.

Toews
Byram
Girard
Behrens
Gulyayev
Hanzel
Ahcan
Schueneman
Weinstein

Last edited:
Reactions: niwotsblessing

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I’d say Stienburg and Weinstein the past two months alone shows the Avs aren’t stingy with ELCs.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
A more mobile Josh Anderson. Not the CBJ/Habs kind, the Avs WHL draft pick kind.

Should've been the pick in the 5th instead of wasting it on a guy who can't skate
Bruv, that 5th round pick can at least score goals from the back end. What are we expecting Saige to do with that ELC? Lead the Grizzlies with blocked shots?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
A more mobile yet less physical Josh Anderson. Not the CBJ/Habs kind, the Avs WHL draft pick kind.

Bruv, that 5th round pick can at least score goals from the back end. What are we expecting Saige to do with that ELC? Lead the Grizzlies with blocked shots?

Isn't that the difference between a NHL player and not sometimes? In all fairness lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad