Seravalli: Avs looking to add a goalie

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Both seem to be from questionable sources. There's a possibility that the Avs go with someone completely different.
I dont know anything about Hockeyfeed or its source. Probably questionable though since it sounds like a click bait site lol.

But at least out of the two questionable reports, the Halak one is a lot more appealing to me. Wouldn't cost the Avs any assets, can keep Francouz on LTIR, no commitment beyond this year, and likely to get similar level of play from both goalies.

Honestly there's probably 5-6 other options for the Avs as well. DeSmith in Montreal wants out and they have 3 NHL goalies. Carolina has 3 guys, Detroit has 3 goalies(Lyon the on who will get waived), Toronto has 3 guys(Jones likely here)...

Lots of options.

Reactions: Fig

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I dont know anything about Hockeyfeed or its source. Probably questionable though since it sounds like a click bait site lol.

But at least out of the two questionable reports, the Halak one is a lot more appealing to me. Wouldn't cost the Avs any assets, can keep Francouz on LTIR, no commitment beyond this year, and likely to get similar level of play from both goalies.

Honestly there's probably 5-6 other options for the Avs as well. DeSmith in Montreal wants out and they have 3 NHL goalies. Carolina has 3 guys, Detroit has 3 goalies(Lyon the on who will get waived), Toronto has 3 guys(Jones likely here)...

Lots of options.

I feel like Desmith to Avs 50% retained via 3rd team makes sense. Send the Habs and the 3rd team each a pick somewhere in the 4th-7th round and we all move on.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
There will be any number of backup goalies available on waivers for under the cap-buriable amount.

There is no reason to acquire a bad goalie making $2.2M.
Are there though? Even guys like Reimer got 1.5m this summer.

Sure you could get a Stalock, Tokarski or Pickard, but they're significantly worse than Vladar and in a trade, teams have the chance to send some salary out the other way as well. So "free" isn't always better.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
The Halak ask can't be very daunting. If you knew you needed a guy, wouldn't you just sign him already? :huh: To a bury-able deal at least, and if something better materialized later... bonus. :dunno:

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Are there though? Even guys like Reimer got 1.5m this summer.

Sure you could get a Stalock, Tokarski or Pickard, but they're significantly worse than Vladar and in a trade, teams have the chance to send some salary out the other way as well. So "free" isn't always better.
There's also a guy like Lyon who could hit waivers instead.

And...are they worse than Vladar? Can anyone say that confidently? Vladar was bad last season. And goalies are voodoo.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country

Lots of options.
Carolina intentionally signed 3 guys lol

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
If true... nice signing. I think francouz is better but he's never healthy unfortunately

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad