GDT: Avs @ Kraken - 8PM MT - "Return to the Shattered Realms"

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I'd easily take JTC over the current version of RyJo.
well%2C%2Bthere%2Bit%2Bis.%2Bthe%2Bstupidest%2Bf%2Bucking%2Bthing%2Bi%27ll%2Bread%2Ball%2Bday..jpg

DanishAvsfan

Aug 27, 2007

View attachment 753944
Nuke, a wanderer with a dark past, returns to the faraway land of Seattle. Val is haunted by the memories of his tumultuous youth, where he was ensnared in a world of vices and darkness.

Seattle, once a peaceful and thriving city, has fallen under the rule of Gru, a former friend of Val who has become a power-hungry and treacherous ruler. Gru controls the city's seedy underbelly, including the Ladies of the Night, who are forced into servitude.

Val, driven by a deep sense of redemption, embarks on a perilous journey to confront his greatest enemies. He must face the temptations of his past, symbolized by the Mountains of Blow, where an ancient evil looms, corrupting the land and its inhabitants.

In his quest to liberate Seattle and vanquish Gru, Val learns that Gru has made a sinister alliance with the legendary deep-sea monsters, the Kraken, who have risen from the depths of the ocean to wreak havoc upon the city and its people.

Guided by the wisdom of old allies, including a few remaining elves and dwarves, Val forges new friendships with the free people of Seattle, who still hold hope for their city's restoration. Val's love for the beautiful and courageous elven warrior, Seraphina, becomes a source of inspiration and strength.

Val's journey takes him through treacherous landscapes, from the dark streets of Seattle's underworld to the majestic peaks of the Mountains of Blow, and finally to the stormy depths of the ocean where the Kraken dwell.

With a sword forged by the last remaining dwarven blacksmith and his newfound companions, Val confronts Gru and the Kraken in an epic battle to save Seattle from destruction. Along the way, Val confronts his own inner demons, overcoming the temptations of his past to become a true hero.

GDT Music

Which AI tool did you use if I may ask?

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Ryjo has won a lot of face offs...
I like RyJo better because his upside is still being a serviceable #2C. Maybe this doesn't come to fruition, but it's still there. Compher is not that, we just saw it. He had pretty good circumstances to take that spot. He did on paper, and scored some points (leeching off from Rants mostly), but we know how that went down. And RyJo has usually performed in the playoffs.

And then there's this
There's this though:

Ryjo: 4M X 2
JTC: 5.1M X 5
No one should be missing JT Compher the player. Maybe on his previous 3,5mil contract as a #3C, but not for what he's currently making and certainly not where RyJo is now in the lineup.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Obviously if this is the RyJo we gonna get all season, I’d also rather have JTC but not 5 mill JTC, let’s say JTC from last year. If RyJo doesn’t pan out as a 2C by the trade deadline, im sure CMac will do something. This team can’t go into playoffs without a 2C and the management know that

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
My biggest beef with Drouin and Johansen being 40-50 point guys here is that impacts MacKinnon and Rantanen's ability to hit 100 lol

They really do not look great so far
Yeah clearly that's what everyone should be concerned with... :laugh:

Maybe the Avs should try to compete with the Loilers to see if they can beat them for the PowerPlay Cup!?!?

RyJo sucks, I've never personally liked him as a player. Now after a major injury he looks worse than ever. The only thing he does well is faceoffs.

I'd easily take JTC over the current version of RyJo.

There's this though:

Ryjo: 4M X 2
JTC: 5.1M X 5
Yeah I don't doubt for a second that JTC is going to be engaged and playing his ass off to start his detoilet red wings career - heck, he might even try the entire year!! But it won't be long until he starts to do fly-bys, gets overused by his coach and then we'll see his name on the trade rumours board start popping up left and right.

I guarantee it.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

Maybe the Avs should try to compete with the Loilers to see if they can beat them for the PowerPlay Cup!?!?

Yeah I don't doubt for a second that JTC is going to be engaged and playing his ass off to start his detoilet red wings career - heck, he might even try the entire year!! But it won't be long until he starts to do fly-bys, gets overused by his coach and then we'll see his name on the trade rumours board start popping up left and right.

I guarantee it.
I'd easily take JTC flybys over the crap I've seen from RyJo so far. Don't think I've noticed him once in any of our games so far.

RyJo sucks. The sooner people accept this fact the better.

thedoctor

                    
Aug 28, 2007
Obviously if this is the RyJo we gonna get all season, I’d also rather have JTC but not 5 mill JTC, let’s say JTC from last year. If RyJo doesn’t pan out as a 2C by the trade deadline, im sure CMac will do something. This team can’t go into playoffs without a 2C and the management know that
I am fully aware this will not be a popular post, but in 3 games I'm much more comfortable with 4m RyJo on a scoring line than 3.5m Compher on a scoring line.

Obviously it's a super small sample size, but he's 3rd amongst Avs forwards in expected goals at 2.4 (linemate Lehk #1 with 2.7 as well). Tops on the team in unblocked shot differential, 2nd in shot differential (all stats from Moneypuck). Compare that to Compher who hardly generated offensive events on-ice without Rantanen (while doing a great job of suppressing events the other way as well, but that's not what I want on a scoring line).

RyJo's had a number of great chances and fantastic setups, they just haven't gone in. But the underlying metrics look really good. I think the RyJo bet actually looks really good so far, if we're actually looking at data and not operating in hate-boner or ONLY POINTS MATTER mode.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I am fully aware this will not be a popular post, but in 3 games I'm much more comfortable with 4m RyJo on a scoring line than 3.5m Compher on a scoring line.

Obviously it's a super small sample size, but he's 3rd amongst Avs forwards in expected goals at 2.4 (linemate Lehk #1 with 2.7 as well). Tops on the team in unblocked shot differential, 2nd in shot differential (all stats from Moneypuck). Compare that to Compher who hardly generated offensive events on-ice without Rantanen (while doing a great job of suppressing events the other way as well, but that's not what I want on a scoring line).

RyJo's had a number of great chances and fantastic setups, they just haven't gone in. But the underlying metrics look really good. I think the RyJo bet actually looks really good so far, if we're actually looking at data and not operating in hate-boner or ONLY POINTS MATTER mode.
Yeah, im not pressing the panic button. As I mentioned in my other post, I just think all the new guys need some time to get used to the system and playing together. They’re all doing other things right now to help the Avs be 3-0. Guys like Colton and Wood are contributing to PK which hasn’t allowed a PP goal so far etc… the offense will come for those guys

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011

Ya I don't have much concern for RyJo. He's looked ok and he's settling in. Drouin however...

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Weird game. First half they turned every puck over. Second half they made some adjustments and started going east/west more on the breakout, started managing the puck better, and won 4-1

Seattle's shot totals were pretty inflated though early on. They were flinging every puck at the net from outside and the Avs were recovering well defensively after breakdowns. If they didn't keep handing them the puck early on, the shot totals would have looked a lot different.

Goergiev with another stud game. He looks better than he did last year which is great to see.

Nate had another bad game. Last game he had a lot of shots but turned a lot of pucks over. This game less shots and still turned the puck over. He needs to up his effort against Seattle, because Gourde and co know how to jump on him and defend him.

RyJo isn't making a lot of offensive plays happen, but people are missing a lot of good defensive plays he's making. He might be the Avs best defensive forward to start the season. Great instincts for defensive breakdowns and knows what to do when it happens. He can also skate when he wants to. It's been 3 games, him and Drouin need more time adjusting, before drawing big conclusions.

Love the mindset of the team to start the season though. The way this team has found ways to win when not playing their best, reminds of the Cup year mentality.

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
That was a nightmare performance until the third period. Kraken simply cannot score, but Georgiev was amazing yesterday and kept the momentum neutral until Avs woke up.

The line blender three games in the season is something lol. Bednar needs to chill, you practically change each line with new players and he's expecting 30 goals from some of these blokes already.

Byram has definitely been by far and away the worst play so far in the early season. Might have not bitten us today, but it might down the road if he continues to keep playing like that.
Something seems up with him, not seeing any swagger or risk taking right now. Wonder if he was asked to focus on defense this year. Assume he’s also playing on his off side or is that Girard?

Reactions: Mr Zappalanche

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
We're 3-0 and people are still the most annoying whiners on the entire of HFBoards. What the hell. Do we have to be 3-0 and win every game 9-0? Probably still whine it wasn't 10.
First time here on HFAvs?

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005

I guarantee it.
And then CMac springs into action, whips out a couple of seconds and gets Bednar's boy back with double retention. 2.55M for JTC is not a bad price.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad