GDT: Avs @ Kraken - 8PM MT - "Return to the Shattered Realms"

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
OMG, ray ferraro's jackass commentary was hilarious last night. When there was about 7 minutes left in the 3rd with the Avs leading 2-1, he goes on a rant about how the Avs look terrible and disjointed and nothing's really working even though they are winning.

I won't disagree that the Avs didn't play their best game but they are STILL beating that kraken team that he can't seem to keep their dicks of his mouth with his non-stop praise. That team that's ON HOME ICE, for THEIR home opener.

f***ing putrid commentary. We get it -> the Avs fired your brother-in-law bum-chum tony granatool 100 years ago - GET THE f*** OVER IT!

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I see why people do, but we have to remember.. Ryjo is a 50 to 60 point playmaker who slows things down, plays a skill game. Drouin is a 40 to 50 samsies lol.

Use them right, accept their flaws and I think they'll be fine in their roles. Neither of them, or Bednar has figured out how to do that in this system.

Definitely going to be some growing pains. I see it with Colton too.

You're welcome to come at me late December or January if I'm wrong lol.
I agree with you, I hope Bednar has the same mindset but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't.

I really didn't like Ryjo's turnover in the middle of the ice when he tried to make an extra move... he's going to have to really learn to make the safe play unless he plans on being able to skate faster which at this point he might just not be able to. Apart from that, I didn't have too big of a problem with him -> as we've seen with pretty much ALL new players that come to the Avs, there's an adaptation period.

I really love the fact that we can use him to win faceoffs, both in the offensive and defensive zones... he's been really good through 3 games.

Avs figured it the f*** out tonight. Insane last year in game 7 when they kept avoiding his glove hand.

You go glove on him, you're scoring 3+ every night.
Stupid grubauer.... this whole time he's been catching with the wrong hand!!!

Habs fans warned us about Drouin. The dude's just done with hockey.
Lol come on - what exactly did they NEED to warn us about??? We knew this was a pretty big gamble from day 1 but the guy frikkin' signed for 825K on a 1 year deal. If you look at it from a purely salary point of view, at $825K - if he puts up even only 35 points, that would be amazing for what he costs against the cap.

Besides, he hasn't been terrible at all. He is what he is and that's a complimentary offensive player who should be able to contribute in the Top-9. He's a below-average defensive player but as long as he makes safe plays when needed and puts in a decent effort at both ends of the ice, I think he'll be just fine.

I don't know what you were expecting but personally, I certainly didn't think he'd be on pace for 80 points or anything. Personally, I'm expecting him to put up 40-50 points and have stretches where he looks great and other stretches where he doesn't. I think he'll bounce around the Top-9 at least until the TDL or when Kovalenko gets here. If it goes south, he can be buried in the AHL at zero cost against the cap (but maybe at the cost of an unhappy #29 though).

So far, for me anyways - he's about as expected.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
OMG, ray ferraro's jackass commentary was hilarious last night. When there was about 7 minutes left in the 3rd with the Avs leading 2-1, he goes on a rant about how the Avs look terrible and disjointed and nothing's really working even though they are winning.

I won't disagree that the Avs didn't play their best game but they are STILL beating that kraken team that he can't seem to keep their dicks of his mouth with his non-stop praise. That team that's ON HOME ICE, for THEIR home opener.

f***ing putrid commentary. We get it -> the Avs fired your brother-in-law bum-chum tony granatool 100 years ago - GET THE f*** OVER IT!
Avs played an absolutely horrendous game and won 4-1.

Seattle was in their home opener, desperate not to start 0-4, treating this game like it was game 7. And despite all that we found a way to win.

The whole ESPN crew was riding Seattle all night, bet they were pretty disappointed when the scoreboard read 4-1 Avs at the end of the night.

Ferrero is a dumbass, who is bitter the Avs fired his brother in law and passed on his kid in the draft. I'm not sure I've ever heard him say a positive thing about the Avs, probably never will.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Lol come on - what exactly did they NEED to warn us about??? We knew this was a pretty big gamble from day 1 but the guy frikkin' signed for 825K on a 1 year deal. If you look at it from a purely salary point of view, at $825K - if he puts up even only 35 points, that would be amazing for what he costs against the cap.

Besides, he hasn't been terrible at all. He is what he is and that's a complimentary offensive player who should be able to contribute in the Top-9. He's a below-average defensive player but as long as he makes safe plays when needed and puts in a decent effort at both ends of the ice, I think he'll be just fine.

I don't know what you were expecting but personally, I certainly didn't think he'd be on pace for 80 points or anything. Personally, I'm expecting him to put up 40-50 points and have stretches where he looks great and other stretches where he doesn't. I think he'll bounce around the Top-9 at least until the TDL or when Kovalenko gets here. If it goes south, he can be buried in the AHL at zero cost against the cap (but maybe at the cost of an unhappy #29 though).

This right here. Low risk, high reward. If it doesn't work, a top-6 winger is probably something we could add to the shopping list for TDL, but we didn't limit our options by signing Drouin.

As for the Ferraro thing, he always seems biased against the Avs. Which is a shame, because he's still the best colour guy in the sport.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I honestly don't understand the Manson hate. He is what he is, he has his strengths that no one on this defense has and obviously has his shortcomings. Putting him next to JJ is going to make him look worse.

Also Girard-Byram just doesn't work. For all the hate the JJ/Manson pairing gets, Girard-Byram looked worse than them running around in their own zone. It's so obvious to go with

Girard-Manson
Byram-Johnson

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
whats happening not seeing game and guess what by no surprise mackannon not getting name in rants goal and rants not getting assists in mega piles as should a happen. another year of rants playing for solo? incredible numbers for him last season despite craziness around him. many time mackannon assisting rants is by mackannon passing him with rebound from like being punished by god for not passing puck. rants should get work peace for example at pp mode by letted be there whole 2min. by this merhod he would having of at least 40 points more season. rants for 2ppg + should be.

sir avgard hockeyprofessors

i present best music group in history propaply

Last edited:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
whats happening not seeing game and guess what by no surprise mackannon not getting name in rants goal and rants not getting assists in mega piles as should a happen. another year of rants playing for solo? incredible numbers for him last season despite craziness around him. many time mackannon assisting rants is by mackannon passing him with rebound from like being punished by god for not passing puck. rants should get work peace for example at pp mode by letted be there whole 2min. by this merhod he would having of at least 40 points more season. rants for 2ppg + should be.

1697638289222.gif

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I also think we should all get work peace.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I agree with you, I hope Bednar has the same mindset but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't.

I really didn't like Ryjo's turnover in the middle of the ice when he tried to make an extra move... he's going to have to really learn to make the safe play unless he plans on being able to skate faster which at this point he might just not be able to. Apart from that, I didn't have too big of a problem with him -> as we've seen with pretty much ALL new players that come to the Avs, there's an adaptation period.

I really love the fact that we can use him to win faceoffs, both in the offensive and defensive zones... he's been really good through 3 games.

Stupid grubauer.... this whole time he's been catching with the wrong hand!!!

I'm expecting 110 points with a few Selke votes. Let's go.

Yes. Quite simply, yes.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
It's only a matter of time until Bednar puts together another one of his "doghouse" lines and we see Drouin-RyJo-Tatar playing ~10 minutes of even strength together.

Which would then make Miles Wood a defacto 2nd line player with Colton and Nuke. Yikes.

Then the 4th line will get 3rd line minutes because they actually know their role and perform it well.

Also, Devon Toews will still play 30 minutes a night for no real reason

I thought Tatar was better last night honestly.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I honestly don't understand the Manson hate. He is what he is, he has his strengths that no one on this defense has and obviously has his shortcomings. Putting him next to JJ is going to make him look worse.

Also Girard-Byram just doesn't work. For all the hate the JJ/Manson pairing gets, Girard-Byram looked worse than them running around in their own zone. It's so obvious to go with

Girard-Manson
Byram-Johnson
I don’t get why people are still enamored with him. The dudes a train wreck right now. I mean he throws hits, but in doing so he’s getting himself so out of position it’s not funny. If he was at least playing well in his own zone he’d be tolerable but that’s not the case right now.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Avs played an absolutely horrendous game and won 4-1.

Seattle was in their home opener, desperate not to start 0-4, treating this game like it was game 7. And despite all that we found a way to win.

The whole ESPN crew was riding Seattle all night, bet they were pretty disappointed when the scoreboard read 4-1 Avs at the end of the night.

Ferrero is a dumbass, who is bitter the Avs fired his brother in law and passed on his kid in the draft. I'm not sure I've ever heard him say a positive thing about the Avs, probably never will.
Reeeeeelaaaaaaaaaaaax.

Like I said scoring chances were dead even and the Avs had more high danger chances 9-5.

The Kraken just put every puck possible on Georgiev from the point/walls while stifling MacKinnon all night. That makes it seem like the Avs sucked. They didn't.

The Avs were better than the Kraken last night. The right team won.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Reeeeeelaaaaaaaaaaaax.

Like I said scoring chances were dead even and the Avs had more high danger chances 9-5.

The Kraken just put every puck possible on Georgiev from the point/walls while stifling MacKinnon all night. That makes it seem like the Avs sucked. They didn't.

The Avs were better than the Kraken last night. The right team won.
I'm not mad or anything, just calling it how I saw it.

We played bad, like really bad. We were so bad that I'm not sure we completed a pass in the 1st period.

We looked like a team that was over a long road trip and had our minds in preseason mode. Seattle was hyped for their home opener and trying their best to not start 0-4.

Not the end of the world, I'm honestly impressed that we can play that bad and still find a way to win. Thanks George.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm not mad or anything, just calling it how I saw it.

We played bad, like really bad. We were so bad that I'm not sure we completed a pass in the 1st period.

We looked like a team that was over a long road trip and had our minds in preseason mode. Seattle was hyped for their home opener and trying their best to not start 0-4.

Not the end of the world, I'm honestly impressed that we can play that bad and still find a way to win. Thanks George.
There is a difference between playing poorly and being stifled by the other team.

The Avs did not play poorly.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
There is a difference between playing poorly and being stifled by the other team.

The Avs did not play poorly.
People seem to have goldfish memory here. Last playoffs Seattle dominated us and was total pain in the *** for us. We beat them in their home opener. That's a big win in my books Vs a team we don't match so well.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
My biggest beef with Drouin and Johansen being 40-50 point guys here is that impacts MacKinnon and Rantanen's ability to hit 100 lol

They really do not look great so far

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad