Proposal: Avs - Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Another Avs/Habs thread; always a trainwreck. For the millionth time, the Avs don't want or need Drouin. And it's always about putting him with MacKinnon, too. You think they're going to break up MacKinnon/Landeskog/Rantanen for Drouin? Really? No, seriously, ask yourself that. Drouin been such a spectacular player for Montreal that the Avs need to break up their top line for him? Has Montreal even got 2 lines combined that can outproduce the Avs' top line? Huh? Do they?

Reactions: McJedi

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
1- We need wingers that can score

2- Drouin, even tho he's inconsistant, is worth more than that package lol

3- Drouin with Suzuki seemed to work well together, I want to try that next year.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Our team has been trash defensively for three years now. Goaltending statistics are widely reflected by a team. You’re getting carried away. Behind a team like Colorado, he’d be scary.

Those aren't metrics, those are excuses. I also find it very telling that Price gets all the credit when he plays well, but the team gets the blame when he doesn't. Seems like a con job to me.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Another Avs/Habs thread; always a trainwreck. For the millionth time, the Avs don't want or need Drouin. And it's always about putting him with MacKinnon, too. You think they're going to break up MacKinnon/Landeskog/Rantanen for Drouin? Really? No, seriously, ask yourself that. Drouin been such a spectacular player for Montreal that the Avs need to break up their top line for him? Has Montreal even got 2 lines combined that can outproduce the Avs' top line? Huh? Do they?

... started by a Avs fan (Yes, I know...exact same threads has been started by Habs fans too)

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Those aren't metrics, those are excuses. I also find it very telling that Price gets all the credit when he plays well, but the team gets the blame when he doesn't. Seems like a con job to me.

He does get more credit then deserved when deserved. It comes with our market. Just like he has been the scapegoat for our teams poor performance when we’re awful. But that doesn’t dismiss the fact he would absolutely kill it on a powerhouse. Could care less about the “metrics.”

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
He does get more credit then deserved when deserved. It comes with our market. Just like he has been the scapegoat for our teams poor performance when we’re awful. But that doesn’t dismiss the fact he would absolutely kill it on a powerhouse. Could care less about the “metrics.”

Calling him a "top 5 goalie" requires something meaningful to back it up. The fact that he would be good on a powerhouse doesn't prove he's a "top 5 goalie". There's no question that he can still put together stretches where he's one of the best in the world. But, his numbers have been mediocre at best during the last 3 regular seasons. Is it really because the team in front of him sucks, or is it because he's lost something? He's also only won 3 playoff series in 13 years in the NHL. For being a "top 5" guy, that seems really low to me.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
1- We need wingers that can score

2- Drouin, even tho he's inconsistant, is worth more than that package lol

3- Drouin with Suzuki seemed to work well together, I want to try that next year.

I like the chemistry Drouin built with Suzuki as well. Looking forward to that tandem next season. Also looking forward to the multitude of Avs proposals containing a plethora of crap dmen + Jost for Danault et al.

Reactions: Bouboumaster

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019

An Avs fan posted this. We can all agree that the last threads between both teams have been so frequent and bad that the fan bases now are antagonizing each other at every other occasion ;)

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I’ve always wondered if playing with Nate that Drouin could resurrect his career and become that high profile prospect he was meant to be before he was drafted.

Yes, it would be terrific if it works for you guys.

Now tell me, what do WE get out of this trade other than potentially embarrassing ourselves?

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Yes, it would be terrific if it works for you guys.

Now tell me, what do WE get out of this trade other than potentially embarrassing ourselves?

That we never see these threads again or see all this pointless bickering getting recycled over and over again.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Last edited:

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I don't see the Avs having any interest in Drouin what so ever. There are probably at least 5 guys who the Avs talk about before they get to him

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
groundhogday_onesheet_1400x2100.png

awegNK6.jpg

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Drouin should only play top 6. He'll make it or break it there. Drouin on the third line is a recipe for disaster. He'll play with Mack or Kadri. He'll play on the PP and that alone should give him points. Jost and Zadorov would be buried in MTL. They're awful
That’s insane. You wouldn’t take a much better player like Burakovsky and play him on the bottom six to accommodate an NHL nobody like Droiun so he could sap and hinder the talents of a Rants or Mack with Jon’s underwhelming and inconsistent play.

Or you ruin a decent defensive line with Kadri and Landy by putting a poor and low effort Drouin on it. It’s absolute nonsense. The Avs have the same level of interest in Droiun as the Habs would in Jost. Which is 0.000%.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Domi is the guy on the Canadians the avs have long been most enamored with.

Ah yes, my ultimate nightmare is about to come true. I can’t wait for Sakic to parade out a line of Jost-Domi-Compher and have everyone on the Avs talk about how much promise and skill they have. Meanwhile, on the ice, they can help other teams by being paper soft, and terrible defensively.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Drouin for Zadorov + Jost

I’ve always wondered if playing with Nate that Drouin could resurrect his career and become that high profile prospect he was meant to be before he was drafted. Has shown some potential in the nhl but never consistent.

The Habs get a big bruising d man in big Z with some offensive potential and a descent 2 way center in Jost who like Drouin has not lived up to draft pedigree but is a young player with a lot of potential to be a solid 3rd line center

Why would Montreal want Jost? Where would they even play him? Who among Danault, Domi, Kotkaniemi and Suzuki is he playing ahead of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad