Post-Game Talk: Avs get Rec'd - Jets win 4-2

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Actually I thought the ref should have let that go ... Landeskog broke his stick before the trip. Was he going to scored on a breakaway without a stick?
Speaking of tripping ... how in the world did the ref miss the trip on Enstrom where he got injuried.

I guess you missed ther league-wide memo. If a Jet sticks his stick anywhere near the opposition its a penalty; it better be bloody obvious if you call that vs the opposition:help:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Ok when is the next game ?I know it's tuesday but it's been a very long time since i couldn't wait for the next game !! It will be very interesting to see if THIS team shows up again .

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Good point Skinny, if Hutch gets in a few solid games, that complicates the goaltending situation for sure. He was the likely candidate to get sent down, but with each good game the likelihood he gets claimed increases a bit.

Sending Hellebuyck down would be good for the tank, and the 2-way makes that possible. But I think Mo has a lot of confidence in him and still wants to win games.

Sending Pavs down would make quite a few people around here pretty happy, and if he gets claimed, all the better. I hope this is what happens. But Chevy has made some mysterious goaltending calls in the past, many of them to Pavs' benefit.

Tough call. If I had to guess I'd still say it's probably Hutch.

Considering the trade deadline is so close, my feeling is that, now that Hutch seems to have a bit of his mojo back, they will send Hellebuyck down and then bring him back up after the TDL. It's the simplest solution for them, and we all know they don't like to make tough decisions.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
Haha, watched the game last night but just watched the highlites on the NHL site. I had forgotten how hilarious the Colorado announcers are when the opposition scores. You can almost taste the tears.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Haha, watched the game last night but just watched the highlites on the NHL site. I had forgotten how hilarious the Colorado announcers are when the opposition scores. You can almost taste the tears.

My impersonation:

Avs goal: Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah ... SCOOOOOOREEESS!
Opponents: Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah ... scores.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Not that it was ever much of a question for me, but this game consolidated for me: sign Buff. Sign him now. You look at the gap between Buff and another outstanding offensive defenseman in Barrie, and it's massive. Every single time Buff was on the ice, the Avs were on their heels. Barrie is good, but he just doesn't have that same ability to control the game.

This team is going to be in a world of hurt without Byfuglien. They won't be able to replace his contributions any time soon, and won't until they manage to draft someone in the strastophere of Doughty, Keith, Weber, Josi, or Karlsson.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Not that it was ever much of a question for me, but this game consolidated for me: sign Buff. Sign him now. You look at the gap between Buff and another outstanding offensive defenseman in Barrie, and it's massive. Every single time Buff was on the ice, the Avs were on their heels. Barrie is good, but he just doesn't have that same ability to control the game.

This team is going to be in a world of hurt without Byfuglien. They won't be able to replace his contributions any time soon, and won't until they manage to draft someone in the strastophere of Doughty, Keith, Weber, Josi, or Karlsson.

Yep. Don't want to lose Buff. No way we can find a way to replace him anytime soon.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Considering the trade deadline is so close, my feeling is that, now that Hutch seems to have a bit of his mojo back, they will send Hellebuyck down and then bring him back up after the TDL. It's the simplest solution for them, and we all know they don't like to make tough decisions.

Hutch is Chicago killer. Must be value in west.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Scheif is the best

xT0BKMsHfB1MGDQ6MU.gif

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Good point Skinny, if Hutch gets in a few solid games, that complicates the goaltending situation for sure. He was the likely candidate to get sent down, but with each good game the likelihood he gets claimed increases a bit.

Sending Hellebuyck down would be good for the tank, and the 2-way makes that possible. But I think Mo has a lot of confidence in him and still wants to win games.

Sending Pavs down would make quite a few people around here pretty happy, and if he gets claimed, all the better. I hope this is what happens. But Chevy has made some mysterious goaltending calls in the past, many of them to Pavs' benefit.

Tough call. If I had to guess I'd still say it's probably Hutch.

Who would claim Hutch and what is there to be scared of if someone does? If we can't replace that guy, we might as well just give up.

Just Ducky

Jan 8, 2012
Playing a game like that - chippy and pretty sure there was plenty of behind the scenes dirty cheap shots is exactly what this group needed. Being at home for an extended period with nothing but doom and gloom around you is like a mental cancer.

The "all for for one- one for all" team persona has been lacking all year and it sure was refreshing to watch this team last night.

That being said- enough of the that good stuff we need a top a 3 pick

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I'd wager that if anything comes of the Stafford high-sticking, that it'll end up as a fine and an admonishment to "keep it under control".

Just Ducky

Jan 8, 2012
I'd wager that if anything comes of the Stafford high-sticking, that it'll end up as a fine and an admonishment to "keep it under control".

The tweet does say a hearing but does not specify "in person" or not- if its a phone call than yes likely a fine.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Anyone have a video of the Stafford high stick? Missed the game last night

Good to see them get a win finally. Seeing Ehlers beat down Barrie was also a thing of beauty ;) didn't know he could throw as well!

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Anyone have a video of the Stafford high stick? Missed the game last night

Good to see them get a win finally. Seeing Ehlers beat down Barrie was also a thing of beauty ;) didn't know he could throw as well!

His whole body was basically swung around and he let his stick whiplash while it happened. Not intentional but pretty reckless. You could tell he regretted it when he went to check on the dude lying on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad