Post-Game Talk: Avs get Rec'd - Jets win 4-2

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
They weren't gonna lose all 30+ games left. I think the road trip will give them a couple more.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
I am still in favour of tank, but having a few games dotted around like this are fine.

As long as we don't go on extended win streaks ;)

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Really fun game to watch when the entire team shows up from the opening puck drop.

That's the team we had last year. Never mind all the personnel changes. It was bad for the tank but it was fun to watch. :)

Ehlers is a goon. Who knew? :laugh: He has a couple of inches on Barrie but he gave up close to 20 lbs.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Maurice-post-game-vs-Avs-300x170.png

Topics: Did he get the response he was looking for tonight? What did they do to hold them at bay? What did he like from Hutchinson tonight? Why did he go back to Hutchinson against the Avalanche? What does it do for Hutchinson mentally? Thoughts on Stafford. On Ehlers fight. Is tonight’s performance how this team needs to play? Who does he have in the Superbowl?

To listen click here.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
This game was proof why we just have to sign Buff, not only is he a great player, had another point tonight, he is just so damn entertaining and brings so much joy to fans. You can't put a dollar amount on that.
I couldn't agree more !!! I've been saying this since the summer , Ladd can be replaced very easily if he doesn't sign a reasonable contract .... you don't replace Buff because there is no replacement for him . :handclap:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I think he's old enough. It's time for Thorburn to have that talk with master Ehlers ;)

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
That is the best thing I've ever seen.

I knew I saw him do something when I was watching but didn't catch it haha
It's like Buff is turning to the camera and saying "can you believe this guy is thinking he is going to get this puck from ME " :laugh::laugh::handclap::popcorn:

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Joffrey-gets-slapped-5.gif

Actually Buff took a really lazy tripping minor and we got scored on, but after that you can say, Then we showed up :sarcasm:

Actually I thought the ref should have let that go ... Landeskog broke his stick before the trip. Was he going to scored on a breakaway without a stick?
Speaking of tripping ... how in the world did the ref miss the trip on Enstrom where he got injuried.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Elhers was drafted #9 and he is going to be a star. It's too bad he did not start on the top line from the beginning ... ROY easy.

I love Ehlers he will be a good one. But 1st from that year will net you EKBLAD :amazed:
I will choose Ekblad over Ehlers anytime of the day.

GREAT WIN GREAT GAME, I'm happy the Jet's won, but i just hope they don't draft between 6 - 15 this year. There will be key pieces from that range but not game changers, specially picks 1 - 3.

Pick #1 will push half of the team roster down the depth chart in year 1. As early as year 2, he might be the top dog in the Jets house, with room full of offensive players.
:naughty:

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Seems like it was a pretty good game. Varlamov looked veeeeery shaky on those goals though.

That Ehlers fight + bench reaction is just pure gold. That Buff gif is just as awesome :laugh:

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
@Puckatron

Ty for sharing :)

The bench reacht like THAT fight was unexpected - and very funny :D

I wondered - does it happen frequently that players hurt their hand in a fight, so they cant play the next games??. A broken hand wouldnt be optimal :)

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Fun game...only caught the third period unfortunately but the Ehlers fight was an unexpected surprise and pretty entertaining! No reason to blow our brains out though...maybe if we win 8 of our next 10 or something I'll start to buy back in a bit but for now this is just one of probably 13 or 14 remaining wins this season.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Helle has kinda struggled a bit, Hutch looked real solid last night, Pav returns soon

hmmmm whats gonna happen here... Helle on a 2way

would HATE seeing Helle back in AHL but what if a trade cant be made

maybe Hutch strings together some solid wins up till the deadline and he is all of a sudden a hot commodity

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Good point Skinny, if Hutch gets in a few solid games, that complicates the goaltending situation for sure. He was the likely candidate to get sent down, but with each good game the likelihood he gets claimed increases a bit.

Sending Hellebuyck down would be good for the tank, and the 2-way makes that possible. But I think Mo has a lot of confidence in him and still wants to win games.

Sending Pavs down would make quite a few people around here pretty happy, and if he gets claimed, all the better. I hope this is what happens. But Chevy has made some mysterious goaltending calls in the past, many of them to Pavs' benefit.

Tough call. If I had to guess I'd still say it's probably Hutch.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Good point Skinny, if Hutch gets in a few solid games, that complicates the goaltending situation for sure. He was the likely candidate to get sent down, but with each good game the likelihood he gets claimed increases a bit.

Sending Hellebuyck down would be good for the tank, and the 2-way makes that possible. But I think Mo has a lot of confidence in him and still wants to win games.

Sending Pavs down would make quite a few people around here pretty happy, and if he gets claimed, all the better. I hope this is what happens. But Chevy has made some mysterious goaltending calls in the past, many of them to Pavs' benefit.

Tough call. If I had to guess I'd still say it's probably Hutch.

ya itll be interesting to see. I am hoping Pavs gets a 2 week conditioning stint in the AHL when he comes back and then that will take us right around the deadline. Hopefully in that time it will become more clear. Its tough to say what will happen though cause many things can happen.

Anything can happen over the next 3 weeks and I truly have no idea what will happen. All I do know is that once there are 3 healthy goalies and if no trade is made, unfortunately the plan will be the Jets utilizing Hellebuyck's 2way option and sending him back to the AHL to play a lot

As I said in a previous post, id hate to see it but that just may have to happen and then Chevy can make a move in the offseason

Goalies are a strange breed and confidence can be shot very easily. Long term wise, more time in the AHL is NEVER a bad idea

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Thought the entire forward group played a fantastic game even the 4th line. Burmi might have finally found his role on the team. The D all had their "moments" especially the usual suspects but they spent a lot less time defending last night.

#freepostma

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
@Puckatron

Ty for sharing :)

The bench reacht like THAT fight was unexpected - and very funny :D

I wondered - does it happen frequently that players hurt their hand in a fight, so they cant play the next games??. A broken hand wouldnt be optimal :)

Or would it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad