GDT: Avs @ Ducks | January 31st, 8:00 MT | Countdown to the Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
I don't know. Even if you want to trade him, why would you play the 36 year old defenseman on his last legs this much? I don't see how that makes him more attractive to teams.

Good point. Maybe the coaching staff is all-in on the tank...? I mean, they have eyes after all. I'm no hockey expert myself, but it doesn't take a genius to realize that he's playing abnormally, unquestionably poorly.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
It's too bad they don't have more fans and get more attention. They're a team actually headed in the right direction. How can you not love Jokic and Murray?

That team is still going absolutely nowhere.
Kind of like the Avs last season.

Honestly even as bad as the on ice product is right now. If it leads to the Avs properly committing to a rebuild, I'd take the Avs situation 11 times out of 10 over the Nuggets.

Nuggets are in a terrible spot in the NBA. Their games might be more watchable but that team will never go anywhere unless they really hit gold picking around #10 for the next decade. And I highly doubt that they will...

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Good point. Maybe the coaching staff is all-in on the tank...? I mean, they have eyes after all. I'm no hockey expert myself, but it doesn't take a genius to realize that he's playing abnormally, unquestionably poorly.

I guess we'll see after the trade deadline. It's all on the coaches if he's still here and they're still using him like this.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
2-17-1 in their last 20.. and both those wins were in OT

Last regulation win was December 11th, day after the Montreal massacre.

I'll go further. Avs are 4-18-1 since EJ went down. Not that they were amazing with him. 9-14-1 before. But that's how important I'd say Johnson is to this team. I think with him in the lineup. They finish with the 7-11th pick again.

Everyone gave up.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
2-17-1 in their last 20.. and both those wins were in OT

Last regulation win was December 11th, day after the Montreal massacre.

We've actually lost 25 of our last 30 games. Literally 16% win ratio. WTF ??!!??

Before the season began, I predicted bottom 3..but I never, and I mean EVER imagined this train wreck.

Can people somehow petition for the removal of Sakic?

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
1 win in January? Come on folks, coaching has to take SOME blame here. This is bleeping pitiful. This is just as bad as the Sacco days

Im blaming Bednar for alot of this ****. Defensively im gonna give him a pass. Bowman couldnt help this d but offensively we should be generating more then 3 scoring chances a game.

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
We can only go up from here right? Lol 1 win in January that's epic tankage

Just pathetic.

I haven't posted a lot this season. I have watched the games but I don't want to add anymore negativity than there already is. The past 2 seasons were frustrating, but this season is even more depressing than 2013, 2011, 2009. At least we had the draft to look forward to those years. This year we don't even have that and we wasted a year of our core.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
But it is baffling how they can be historically bad without trying ??

It takes a lot to score in the NHL. Good pro-scouting is an overlooked fact, we have a new pro-scout I believe and he's doing a ***** job or the coaching staff is failing to capitalize on whatever info they're provided. The players are gutless including the core who have far too much talent to be playing this poorly. I don't expect much from them considering how little support they have but they've been bad in general showing up every third game. Then you have the more publicized problems like the bad roster, bad coaching, lack of depth from bad drafting etc.

This organization is rotten to the core. It's gonna take far more than a couple trades and a couple good draft picks to fix. Part of me was wishing for a sale & relocation today though I'm not in Colorado, I'd feel bad for the fans there if it happened.

Alexmandu

Jan 30, 2017
The part that scares me the most is we weren't suppose to be this bad. With the amount of money the Kroenke's have invested this year for this pile is garbage. I bet we wont see the higher end of the cap for a very long time.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Guys, think of it this way: we will never ever ever get lower than this. Ever. Every season in the future will be brighter! 99,9% promise!

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
It takes a lot to score in the NHL. Good pro-scouting is an overlooked fact, we have a new pro-scout I believe and he's doing a ***** job or the coaching staff is failing to capitalize on whatever info they're provided. The players are gutless including the core who have far too much talent to be playing this poorly. I don't expect much from them considering how little support they have but they've been bad in general showing up every third game. Then you have the more publicized problems like the bad roster, bad coaching, lack of depth from bad drafting etc.

This organization is rotten to the core. It's gonna take far more than a couple trades and a couple good draft picks to fix. Part of me was wishing for a sale & relocation today though I'm not in Colorado, I'd feel bad for the fans there if it happened.

Take us back to Quebec as The Nordiques. I would have gone full circle then.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
“Like every other game, we don’t really score much and (Anaheim) is one of the best defensive teams. Just par for the course,†Avs center Nathan MacKinnon said. “It’s obviously tough to find positives.â€

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
I'll go further. Avs are 4-18-1 since EJ went down. Not that they were amazing with him. 9-14-1 before. But that's how important I'd say Johnson is to this team. I think with him in the lineup. They finish with the 7-11th pick again.

Everyone gave up.

I'll go further.

Avs are on pace for a 48.85 point season. 28 teams already have 49 points or more.

Avs are on pace to have the worst season in the NHL since the 1999-2000 Atlanta Thrashers, in their inaugural season. A team's who's top line was

Andrew Brunette - Ray Ferraro - Nelson Emerson
Petr Buzek - Yannick Tremblay

with Norm Maracle as the starting goalie and Damian Rhodes backing him up.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

We don't have a new pro scout. :laugh: Do you consider 25 years ago new? There might be that guy in Europe but no, the staff is the exact same as it ever was.

With parity and the loser point it's tough to be THIS bad too. It's not easy to play .100 hockey on a consistent basis.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
“Like every other game, we don’t really score much and (Anaheim) is one of the best defensive teams. Just par for the course,†Avs center Nathan MacKinnon said. “It’s obviously tough to find positives.â€

Nathan did nothing to help the cause tonight and many nights this season. Stop complaining and start earning some of that money big boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad